Author Topic: Gaming Goals for DiggingInNY aka Joshua aka The Iron Sheik (thanks Hank)  (Read 17457 times)

DiggingInNY

Re: Gaming Goals for DiggingInNY aka Joshua aka The Iron Sheik (thanks Hank)
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 01:39:37 pm »
I improved on my Mappy over the weekend. I scored a 327K at the Jersey City Barcade, which set a Barcade record to win a $50 gift card during a one week promotion. Fellow BOTA team members George (Lady Bug), Tim (Millipede), and Steve (Missile Command and Frogger) also won $50 gift cards as well. Later in the evening I scored a 347K at the Brooklyn Barcade. The JC score was on a dedicated machine and the BK one was on a multicade.

DiggingInNY

Here are some updated scores for my classic arcade gaming goals for this year.

Game                                   Personal High                             Goal                 
Mappy                                   355,790 (Round 28)                  400,000
Joust (Marathon)                   1,194,950                                  2,000,000+
Lady Bug                               308,470(Round 15)                   350,000

Here's a screenshot of my score for my first million point Joust game at Barcade this past weekend.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 05:44:22 pm by DiggingInNY »

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Nice!  Time to take Lonnie and George down!
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

DiggingInNY

Thanks. I would like to take Lonnie's Barcade score down, though I expect Mark to do it before me.

DiggingInNY

I forgot, congrats on your 1.6 million point game on Mario Bros.

DiggingInNY

I was wondering if anyone out there knows of any conventions or flea market setups, whether ongoing or for an upcoming event, in the Mid-Atlantic region (NYC Metro, New Jersey, or Eastern PA)? I'm trying to find additional areas where I can purchase some classic console games. We have three stores in NYC (J&L Game Trading, Video Games New York, and 8-Bit and Up) that sell a lot of classic games, but I've been to all three so many times, that I am trying to find other sources in my area.

Thanks

hchien

Videogame Trading Post
https://www.facebook.com/VideoGameGarage

A small DIY (but large collection) run out of his basement in Long Island.

Digital Press
www.dpvideogames.com

Storefront in Northern Jersey.  Puts most new video game stores to shame.  Highly recommended.

Both places have very very fair prices.  You won't find any steals, but you won't get ripped off either.  Next time I go to either I'll give you a call.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:05:15 pm by hchien »

DiggingInNY

Thanks a million Hank. Both locations are located near train stations, so it's easy for me to get to. I will definitely check both locations out. Digital Press is having an event this Saturday. I think I will attend it.

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards

Digital Press
www.dpvideogames.com

That seems like an unfortunate domain name.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards

Digital Press
www.dpvideogames.com

That seems like an unfortunate domain name.

I'm glad someone else said it.  Kreygasm
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

hchien

No wonder Josh didn't want to come with me.

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
The best legitimate,  (see: most unfortunate) domain name I've seen was on Tosh.O once, it was for potential job openings at the Blackberry's parent company (or I suppose what the company was formerly known as).  I'll let the forum make the connection.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 05:39:41 am by pwnasaurus »
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
Who wouldn't want a Research In Motion job??
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

DiggingInNY

I reached a personal best on Mappy at the opening day of the new Barcade in Manhattan.

The layout of the new location is great. It has the feel of a traditional arcade. Here is a list of the games they have.
http://barcadenewyork.com/games/

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Nice job great score!