Author Topic: Cork's shweet nerd blahg  (Read 6898 times)

corky

Cork's shweet nerd blahg
« on: October 24, 2013, 12:38:19 pm »
Hi there, I'm Cork.  Some of you may know me from the constant barrage of expletives that emanates from my stream.  Anyway, this sooper shweet blahg isn't about me.  It's about scores.  Hyper-unrealistic mega scores that I want to score.  Soon.  Or maybe later.  So I guess it's kind of about me.  Whatever.  This is a half assed effort.

I guess this whole thing started way back when.  It was the two thousand and twelfth year of our Lord, and I was but a mere blip on the classic arcade gaming radar.  All I wanted to do was reach a killscreen on Ms. Pac-Man turbo.  And I did that.  Kind of.  But that's neither here nor there.  What that game instilled in me was the desire to get really, really fkn good at some games.  More than one, but less than, let's say, 73.  I was out gallivanting with the Solar System famous Bill Carlton one brisk winter eve when we reached the topic of goals for the upcoming year.  His were modest (1,300 on DK, watch Ben Falls play Dark Tower, dress as Blinky for Halloween).  Modesty never appealed to me however, so in my less than sober state I managed to compile a list that would make a John McAllister-Don Hayes love child poop himself (assuming he's already potty trained).  Without further adieu, I present a list of shit that will most likely never happen:

Ms. Pac-Man turbo - world record (922k+)
Centipede - 1 million points
Millipede - 1 million points
Robotron - marathon
see 150 Phish shows
Donkey Koooooooong - killscreen
Missile Command - marathon
Bubbles - 500k points, followed by 1 million points (in the same game)
Defender - 1 million points
Stargate - 1 million points

And there you have it, straight from The Corky's brain to his fingers to his computer to this forum to the interwebs back to this forum to your computer to your eyes to your brain.  It's like a really convoluted Vulcan Mind Meld.

And if you're still here (which you should be, since there will be punch and pie at the end), you may or may not be pleased to know that I have already accomplished one of my goals.  That's right ladies and germs, last night, off camera, away from prying eyes, came the Centipede game of my life.  I am officially in the 1 million point club.  And that's as much bragging as I personally care to do, so please refer to my publicist and high score hype man, Bill Carlton, if you wish to hear more.  Thank you all; you've been great.  Try the veal and tip your bartender.

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Cork's shweet nerd blahg
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 02:08:32 pm »
Congrats on your 1M Centipede!  That's a giant accomplishment that I still need to work on as well.  I'll start working on that once I have a machine again.  Most of these goals are on my list as well.  Good luck!  Blog badge for Corky! :D
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 03:52:45 pm »
Congrats on the 1m+ Centipede, Dan!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 05:05:23 pm »
Ain't no mutha fkn pie up in hya!

corky

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 12:39:01 am »
Just streamed another 1 million point game, no biggie.  You can check it out at:

http://www.twitch.tv/the_corky/c/3137329

Ain't no mutha fkn pie up in hya!

It's in the mail.

ThomasTHC

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 04:45:42 am »
Congrats on the 1m+ Centipede score! That's awesome. Are you playing with marathon or tournament settings?

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 05:00:52 am »
Most of these goals are on my list as well. 

I'd love to see you break 150 Phish shows!
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

corky

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 08:40:49 am »
Are you playing with marathon or tournament settings?

Tournament.  I'm not sure I've even seen a machine set on marathon settings.