Author Topic: My journey with Crazy Kong  (Read 6378 times)

Offline Shane_NC

• Awards
My journey with Crazy Kong
« on: August 28, 2013, 07:09:37 pm »
I had only played Crazy Kong 2 times, and gotten a score of around 90k. I never really gave the game much thought after that. However, 3 days ago I heard Chris Psaros talking about Crazy Kong
and how it was easy, because you can perform a "pie glitch" on the oil can and the pie factory will stop spawning pies.

Without knowing any crazy kong strategy the pies usually are very hard, they come out very fast, the conveyors move a lot faster, and the timing had given me issues in those 2 games that I played. I decided to boot up some Crazy Kong and see if I could figure out this pie glitch. It pretty much happened without me really doing anything and after a few save states I ended up figuring about what Chris was talking about.

After using this strategy and getting farther than I ever had in Crazy Kong, I realized the difficulty plateau's at lvl 5, just like Donkey Kong. I also realized how easy the springs / pies / and barrels were compared to DK pretty quickly. So, I get the idea that I will attempt to KS this game, thinking I could come away with a KS fairly easily.

2 Nights ago, I streamed Crazy Kong for roughly 6 hours. The farthest I got was lvl 14 rivets. The session went on a lot longer than I wanted, and at a certain point I was going to try and stay up all night, sacrificing sleep to get this game beat. After many restarts I began to take it very personally, and promised myself I would not play Donkey Kong again, until I conquered this game.
It seems pretty arrogant for me to try for DK KS attempts when I can't event beat Crazy Kong.
I ended up cutting my losses and went to sleep defeated.

Last night I streamed for around 10 hours almost completely until I had to go to work this morning. Yes I am sick in the head, I realize this. The farthest I got was 19-2 with 2 men left and lost them both on same board. Misplayed both men. Sadly enough this is EXACTLY how I died on my PB in DK. Got to 19-2 with 2 men left lost them both same board. WOW, that is pretty sick and really coincidental.

Fortunately, Phil Tudose and Jeff Wolfe stopped by and provided me with tons of tips/strategy, and I feel like despite my not being able to put down the KS, I am more prepared than I was the previous day.

So I am about to get back to it soon, so hopefully tonight is the night and I can coninue back with my DK KS attempts.
HIGH SCORES:
Donkey Kong Arcade: 865,900 22-1 KS
1-1: 11,300
Donkey Kong Junior MAME: 599,300 22-1 KS
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Shane_NC

• Awards
Re: My journey with Crazy Kong
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 04:02:25 am »
Killscreened it tonight, score of 487,700 L=22 KS death on my last man. Took 4 Nights to do
HIGH SCORES:
Donkey Kong Arcade: 865,900 22-1 KS
1-1: 11,300
Donkey Kong Junior MAME: 599,300 22-1 KS
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 10:37:07 am »
Kongrats, Shane! Sorry I missed it!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 01:12:50 pm »
Donkey Kong might not be a cult, but Crazy Kong definitely is, and I'm proud to have sucked in another innocent soul.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener