Author Topic: TwinGalaxies and Marp Submissions  (Read 7941 times)

corey.chambers

TwinGalaxies and Marp Submissions
« on: August 09, 2013, 09:05:42 pm »
It has been noted on each and every High Score List that if you are willing and able then I strongly recommend you submit your scores to TG. And for the most part, if a member of this forum posts a score on TG then they are hopefully also posting their scores on our forum. However, there are Donkey Kong players that have not yet joined our forum who may post to TG in the future without any submissions to our list. I propose that about once a year one of us can do an audit to see if any new TG scores have been posted over the course of that year. Perhaps we could set a date such that at the first of each year one of us could just to see if there are any dates of new submissions for that year. So on 1/1/2014 someone could just check to see if there were any submissions with a date ending 2013. Should be quick and easy, hopefully. There may be some on our lists here because of people posting to both during the year. Just wanted to throw that out there for us to keep in mind as the years go by. This is also true of Marp.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 04:10:43 pm by corey.chambers »

Offline stella_blue

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: TwinGalaxies Submissions
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 09:52:43 am »

We should also monitor MARP periodically, as there are bound to be players who will use that site exclusively to upload their scores.

Player name is the only potential issue I foresee.  If we occasionally encounter a score by a DK newcomer, identified only by a cryptic username, do we care?

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

Re: TwinGalaxies Submissions
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 10:30:02 am »
This is true about MARP Scott, good thinking. What I will say is that hopefully anyone who is using a cryptic username will eventually want to be known. The same is true now, there are cryptic username MARP scores that are not on our list because I lack basic information to post them.

Donkey Kong Genius

Re: TwinGalaxies and Marp Submissions
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 03:37:40 pm »
Just had the thought passed my mind. When was the last time a serious audit was done of TG and MARP? I don't think that TG will be an issue but as I understand it they are beginning to accept submissions?