Author Topic: DKJR Score Submissions  (Read 229988 times)

ChrisJBenn

DKJR Score Submissions
« on: July 07, 2013, 02:11:39 am »
Please use this thread to post any new scores or improvements. In order to be eligible for acceptance on the High Score List you will need to read and play according to the List Submission Rules. If for some reason you do not have sufficient evidence for a complete score submission then please feel free to post your score here in this thread anyways. Everyone enjoys a good game of Donkey Kong Junior!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 11:33:43 pm by xelnia »

.adrian.

Re: Score Submissions
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 06:25:10 pm »
I'd like to submit a score of 111,800 achieved on 8/8/13.  Link to video is below, thanks!

http://youtu.be/Z49__XxXA9E

-Adrian Littel-

corey.chambers

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 07:25:40 pm »
Very nice. Finally a DK Jr. score submission.  ;D

Graham Wolfe

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 11:56:16 am »
I am looking for the exact rules on controls.

Rebinding keys from the default arrows to w,a,s,d.
Multiple binds for jump, example making buttons 1 and 2 for jump then pressing both at the same time when jumping.
Using keyboard as opposed to joystick.
Going to assume that turbo fire is not allowed, but I am curious on this as well.

Is any of this regulated or some sort of file somewhere I can read on these rules?

the reason i ask is in the fighting game community for example they allow mostly any controls. infact there is a top player at one character who uses pad which has analog sticks because this allows him to do motions which are humanly impossible on normal sticks. they also allow mapped buttons that do kick+kick+kick which allows simultaneous presses to become easier.
another thing that is allowed is convex over concave buttons. This allows speedier button presses, the reason these things are important to me is i know the differences and what i prefer. I did hear some video on youtube and it sounded as if the player on his machine was smashing convex buttons for springboard jumps as he was pressing very fast.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 01:34:01 pm by Graham Wolfe »

corey.chambers

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 05:09:45 pm »
This question is proposed to all of us. So far no specifications have ever been made either by TG or by DKF. No restrictions are placed on the use of auto fire, multiple buttons mapped for the same purpose on keyboard. As far as I know the concave and convex issue has never disqualified a score. Even if you only had the concave buttons, there is different positions to set the jump as well such as requiring it to be pushed 2/3 of the way down before input clicks, 1/2 of the way, or 1/3 of the way. No one really concerns themselves with these issues. Besides, how would I even verify the keyboard mapping, auto fire, etc? People can say and do what they want in this regard as far as I am concerned.

But... I will say this... if you are playing on cab it would be a players choice to consider factory settings. If the buttons are concave then use concave, if the button input position is 1/2 push position then have it set to 1/2 push position. I think this is important for the player to place them self with others in this regard. It is not just an issue of getting a high score but did you do it in the same way with a level playing field as others. I know of someone on the DKF HSL that used a MsPacman joystick on their cab with no restrictor plate. No one has fussed about it.

Mame is another animal. Since there is no default mame mapping for DK or DK Jr then maybe consider making it as much like arcade with one button for jump, and no auto fire. But like I said, no one can verify keyboard mapping. 

I don't think we need any official rule accept maybe to mention what is allowed so that this question can be anticipated and be already answered for newer members or anyone else for that matter.

Thank you to any and all who chime in on the question.

Graham Wolfe

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 03:26:01 pm »
Wolfmame submission of dkjr score 694,200 *updated*
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:22:34 am by Graham Wolfe »

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 12:28:04 pm »
Verified Adrian and Graham's scores and added to the list.

Apologies to Adrian for the delay. I didn't realize ChrisJBenn hasn't been active on the forum and your score had been waiting almost a month.

Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

corey.chambers

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 04:26:11 pm »
Wow. Nice catch, Jeff. I didn't even think about the Jr board other than I would like to learn the game some time and post a score myself. What happened to Chris? Now thinking of it, I have not seen him post or stream lately. I hope he is ok.  :'(

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 05:02:45 pm »
Wow. Nice catch, Jeff. I didn't even think about the Jr board other than I would like to learn the game some time and post a score myself. What happened to Chris? Now thinking of it, I have not seen him post or stream lately. I hope he is ok.  :'(

According to his profile, Chris was last active on the forum less than 2 weeks ago, on August 23rd.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Graham Wolfe

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 11:36:51 pm »
1,041,900 with Kill Screen

im so glad im finally bold! hehehe

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 10:50:04 am »
1,041,900 with Kill Screen

im so glad im finally bold! hehehe

Verified and added. Great game Graham!
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 11:23:28 am »
I'm not gonna hassle JC about it, since I know being the de facto admin of the list was sorta shoved in his lap by necessity, but there are only 25 MARP scores to tend to. Several are on here already, and most are too low to bother with, but there are a few exceptions.

In particular, "VERTEX-B" has 1,040,100 on there, which is obviously a major score and the list seems incomplete without it. Does anyone know who that is?

There's also some idiot in 6th place who posered his way through the game and blew it on 21-4.

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/dkongjr
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Graham Wolfe

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 11:30:45 am »
Yeah I just looked, that Vertex-B guy looks like some sorta pro at games in general around 2004 maybe he was unemployed and went on a gaming rampage?

that is quite a score but i guess ill play devils advocate and ask if it could possibly be someone on the TG list under an alias?

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 11:49:39 am »
Graham I have been actively updating the top 10 list for Donkey Kong Junior players, and so you're on my list at least.

https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=231.0
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Graham Wolfe

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 11:54:34 am »
Now if you can convince the people who run the site to add the dkjr list to the top of the page or at least a button for it to link to the list! hehe