Author Topic: DK Score Submissions  (Read 1446268 times)

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
Re: Score Submissions
« Reply #3465 on: November 30, 2019, 04:57:48 pm »
I've just moved from 0.106 to the latest version of WolfMAME as I was getting huge frame rate drops, making an already nuts game even more difficult!!

I found your script online Xelnia, and modified it to mame64 instead of mamearcade, and it fires up ok, but seems to create one frame INPs.  I got the z7ip part working ok by moving the exe to the root folder, but it seems that my INPs aren't recording.  Batch file attached..

Any ideas?  :(
Member for 4 Years DK Killscreener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3466 on: November 30, 2019, 08:01:09 pm »
I've just moved from 0.106 to the latest version of WolfMAME as I was getting huge frame rate drops, making an already nuts game even more difficult!!

I found your script online Xelnia, and modified it to mame64 instead of mamearcade, and it fires up ok, but seems to create one frame INPs.  I got the z7ip part working ok by moving the exe to the root folder, but it seems that my INPs aren't recording.  Batch file attached..

Make sure you're running it from the command line. If you're double-clicking the batch file and using the MAME GUI it's not going to work.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3467 on: November 30, 2019, 10:56:23 pm »
Hi there,

Submitting my Arcade score (60 in 1) of 337,700

Nice score, sir! Your verification at the end was very quick, but I think I got a good view of the 60-in-1 board and the 4-way restrictor (looks like a Zippy-type joystick with the sliding 8/4/2-way restrictor?). So, your score has been verified and updated on the HSL! Congrats!

kongtrac.kr summary
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
« Reply #3468 on: December 01, 2019, 01:38:49 am »

Make sure you're running it from the command line. If you're double-clicking the batch file and using the MAME GUI it's not going to work.

So run CMD from within the root folder and type "record.bat dkong" ..?

Offline creech

• Awards
« Reply #3469 on: December 01, 2019, 05:27:19 am »
cd/
cd \wolfmame 0215
record dkong dkong
Member for 4 Years CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
« Reply #3470 on: December 02, 2019, 03:40:27 pm »
Hey Jeremy,

You ok to just confirm this INP is good before I push harder with this newer version of MAME?

I've got some nice cmd shortcuts created now that start in the WolfMAME location, and auto add the commands so nice and easy to double click for record and playback.  Could be nice for new guys to this.  I've attached below, just needs the 'start in' location tweaking for wherever WolfMAME is stored.

Offline woleykram

• Awards
« Reply #3471 on: December 02, 2019, 08:49:24 pm »
New PB - 244,000
wolfmame

achieved 12/2/2019

slowly working my way up to 300k.
Member for 4 Years

Offline woleykram

• Awards
« Reply #3472 on: December 02, 2019, 09:18:58 pm »
Sorry for the double post, just realized a typo in my submission and can't seem to find an edit button. The score should be 242k, not 244.
Member for 4 Years

Offline Itsmrpitchy

• Awards
« Reply #3473 on: December 03, 2019, 03:20:52 pm »
Got a new PB of 522100! Really happy with this and the idea of a kill screen seems a possible reality if I keep practising.

Hopefully I have properly archived the file this time  :)
Member for 4 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3474 on: December 03, 2019, 08:59:10 pm »
Hey Jeremy,

You ok to just confirm this INP is good before I push harder with this newer version of MAME?

I've got some nice cmd shortcuts created now that start in the WolfMAME location, and auto add the commands so nice and easy to double click for record and playback.  Could be nice for new guys to this.  I've attached below, just needs the 'start in' location tweaking for wherever WolfMAME is stored.

This all looks good. Just need to tweak the batch file to show the correct WolfMAME version, and your preferred date/time format and timezone.

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
« Reply #3475 on: December 04, 2019, 12:45:44 pm »
Hey Jeremy,

This all looks good. Just need to tweak the batch file to show the correct WolfMAME version, and your preferred date/time format and timezone.

My skills don't allow me to do that  ;D

Here's what I've got in there.  I figured the version number out, but not sure how to set to GMT UK:

@echo off

REM Get system time
REM Format will be YYYYMMDDTHHMMSS00
for /f "tokens=1-4 delims=/ " %%a in ('date /t') do (set mydate=%%d%%b%%c)
for /f "tokens=1-4 delims=/:/./ " %%a in ("%time: =0%") do (set mytime=%%a%%b%%c%%d)

REM Run WolfMAME
REM This assumes WolfMAME version 0.162 or newer, when MESS and MAME were merged. Replace "mamearcade" with "mame" if necessary
REM This disables NVRAM, runs in a window, disables bilinear filter, runs with no auto-frameskip at frameskip 0, and disables cheats
REM %2 - %9 are for any other options you want to use from the command line when running WolfMAME, for example: record milliped -mouse
mame64 %1 -rec %1.inp -nvram_directory NUL -w -noafs -fs 0 -noc %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

REM Zip the INP
REM Archive will be named based on romset short name, WolfMAME version, and the system time at the start of recording
REM 7-Zip executable must be present in WolfMAME root folder
REM This assumes default INP locations in inp folder
REM () is a placeholder for score
REM WolfMAME version ("wolfXXX") will need to be updated if used for different versions
7z a inp/%1_()_wolf216_%mydate%T%mytime%JST.zip .\inp/%1.inp*

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3476 on: December 04, 2019, 01:36:38 pm »
Hey Jeremy,

My skills don't allow me to do that  ;D

Here's what I've got in there.  I figured the version number out, but not sure how to set to GMT UK:

@echo off

REM Get system time
REM Format will be YYYYMMDDTHHMMSS00
for /f "tokens=1-4 delims=/:/./ " %%a in ("%time: =0%") do (set mytime=%%a%%b%%c%%d)

REM Run WolfMAME
REM This assumes WolfMAME version 0.162 or newer, when MESS and MAME were merged. Replace "mamearcade" with "mame" if necessary
REM This disables NVRAM, runs in a window, disables bilinear filter, runs with no auto-frameskip at frameskip 0, and disables cheats
REM %2 - %9 are for any other options you want to use from the command line when running WolfMAME, for example: record milliped -mouse
mame64 %1 -rec %1.inp -nvram_directory NUL -w -noafs -fs 0 -noc %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

REM Zip the INP
REM Archive will be named based on romset short name, WolfMAME version, and the system time at the start of recording
REM 7-Zip executable must be present in WolfMAME root folder
REM This assumes default INP locations in inp folder
REM () is a placeholder for score
REM WolfMAME version ("wolfXXX") will need to be updated if used for different versions

For date format, play with the token order (%%d, %%c, etc.) in:

Code: [Select]
For timezone, it needs to be changed manually. When I first made this batch file I was living in Japan, so I entered JST in this line:

Code: [Select]
So, change that manually to GMT or whatever.

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #3477 on: December 04, 2019, 01:46:14 pm »
New start PB - 136700. Awful final rivet. Note the "pro" escape in the top left on an earlier rivet.
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3478 on: December 04, 2019, 10:02:41 pm »
New PB - 244,000
wolfmame

achieved 12/2/2019

slowly working my way up to 300k.

Sorry for the double post, just realized a typo in my submission and can't seem to find an edit button. The score should be 242k, not 244.

Verified and updated on the HSL! Congrats! Keep pushing forward!

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3479 on: December 04, 2019, 10:04:39 pm »
Got a new PB of 522100! Really happy with this and the idea of a kill screen seems a possible reality if I keep practising.

Hopefully I have properly archived the file this time  :)

Great improvement! Verified and updated on the HSL. I also added your 100,200 Start score to the Start HSL. Tough ending, but it looks like you have all the pieces there to get a KS!

kongtrac.kr summary