Author Topic: DK Score Submissions  (Read 1446895 times)

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
Re: Score Submissions
« Reply #3435 on: November 13, 2019, 04:36:01 pm »
I'm having a real issue with OBS and WolfMAME.  I'm trying to do dual capture but when I try, my frame rate drops no matter what settings I try :(   It makes springs almost impossible to do properly.

I assume I'm good to use MAME64 so long as I have both a camera recording my screen and control panel input, as well as the application capture in the top right?  I figured this would be a more conclusive way as I'm in the video also.
Member for 4 Years DK Killscreener

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
« Reply #3436 on: November 13, 2019, 04:42:45 pm »
I'm having a real issue with OBS and WolfMAME.  I'm trying to do dual capture but when I try, my frame rate drops no matter what settings I try :(   It makes springs almost impossible to do properly.

I assume I'm good to use MAME64 so long as I have both a camera recording my screen and control panel input, as well as the application capture in the top right?  I figured this would be a more conclusive way as I'm in the video also.

Wrong thread, please remove..  FailFish

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3437 on: November 15, 2019, 09:19:41 pm »
Submitting new PB, done tonight on Twitch - 555,000

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/506687503
Game starts at around 00:45:00 and ends at about 2:04:00

I took video of the CP/PCB/Remix Kit also and restarting the game just in case.  I did verify for my first submission here and this was done on the same cabinet.

Great score, sir. Especially considering the early deaths...epic last man! Your score has been verified and updated on the HSL. Please continue to go good.

kongtrac.kr summary
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline VeryApe121

• Awards
« Reply #3438 on: November 17, 2019, 12:11:18 pm »
Thank you sir.  I appreciate the time and work you put into this community!  It feels good to see my score in the Kong tracker!
"GET SLAMMED NERD" - Ape Jr
Member for 5 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
« Reply #3439 on: November 21, 2019, 05:20:17 pm »
I took on board the advice given to me by a few members here (thanks Sith and Jonesy).  I ignored an early stupid set of deaths, and went for it.  I got over 350k with one man and got over 500k.

I have been having a real hard time keeping focus and my nerves about me when recording, but I'm slowly getting used to it.  I hid my score so that I could focus on the game, and it really helped me play like I know i'm capable of.

I accidentally got a peek of of my score one I started getting into rhythm, and it fell apart.  I rushed the pies for quick points and being on the last life knocked my confidence a bit, and I lost it in a silly way.  I believe I've got what it takes to get to the KS, so that's hopefully my next update  :)

I don't think it's too shabby of a score for a months worth of playing.  Any advice from my video welcome  <popcorn>

I'm going to my local arcade on Saturday.  Unfortunately my phone isn't capable of recording for more than an hour.  If I get a high score or KS, am I able to have a friend record the last part, then ask the manager to verify?  Would I need him to open the control panel and show the insides within the same video?

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3440 on: November 21, 2019, 08:37:19 pm »
I'm going to my local arcade on Saturday.  Unfortunately my phone isn't capable of recording for more than an hour.  If I get a high score or KS, am I able to have a friend record the last part, then ask the manager to verify?  Would I need him to open the control panel and show the insides within the same video?

If you can only film part of the game, then you need to do the following:

1) Film as much of the end of the game as possible
2) Immediately start a new game and play until you reach 7,000 points (to demonstrate proper game settings)
3) Do not power cycle the cab before doing the above step
4) Let the attract mode run for at least one full cycle so we can see the copyright info
5) Do your best to have someone open the cab so we can see the control panel and PCB
6) Do all of this in the same video
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
« Reply #3441 on: November 22, 2019, 03:55:50 am »

If you can only film part of the game, then you need to do the following:

1) Film as much of the end of the game as possible
2) Immediately start a new game and play until you reach 7,000 points (to demonstrate proper game settings)
3) Do not power cycle the cab before doing the above step
4) Let the attract mode run for at least one full cycle so we can see the copyright info
5) Do your best to have someone open the cab so we can see the control panel and PCB
6) Do all of this in the same video

Thanks.  I'll keep the post on my phone just in case  ;)

Offline GILLYKONG

• Awards
« Reply #3442 on: November 22, 2019, 06:06:44 am »
Buy an extra power brick there like 5$ should get you through the game.
Member for 8 Years DK Remix Killscreener Winner of a community event DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Remix World Record Holder DKJR Remix Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
« Reply #3443 on: November 22, 2019, 06:35:48 am »
Buy an extra power brick there like 5$ should get you through the game.

I seem to remember someone saying that they did this, and phones tend to cut off at 1 hour, battery good or not.  :(

Offline captnkong

• Awards
« Reply #3444 on: November 22, 2019, 04:46:19 pm »
New PB for me; I blew it at the end; had several phone calls coming in and my wife screaming at me from downstairs...and like I wasn't stressed enough!!  849,400 level 20.6
Wolfmame:  Recorded INP file and live streamed on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/511993186

Donkey Kong: 834,100 KS! 11/20/18
Donkey Kong High Score: 849,400 11/22/2019
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
« Reply #3445 on: November 23, 2019, 12:31:20 am »
New PB for me; I blew it at the end; had several phone calls coming in and my wife screaming at me from downstairs...and like I wasn't stressed enough!!  849,400 level 20.6

Women  ::)

Nice score!

Offline Itsmrpitchy

• Awards
« Reply #3446 on: November 23, 2019, 01:52:37 pm »
Hello this is my first post and first submission  :D

I have not recorded the game so only have the INP file from MAME, I hope this is okay and that I have understood the rules correctly.

The game is a 326100 score which is a PB for me and even though there is a lot of mistakes I am happy with the progress I have made so far in this game!
Member for 4 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline JMayden81

• maydengaming instagram
    • Awards
« Reply #3447 on: November 24, 2019, 07:32:57 am »

Great job Tim buddayyy!
http://www.twitch.tv/jmayden81
DK pb: 1,027,700 KS

"Not far below you is a large horizontal plane which proves beneficial in maximizing the exploitation of gravity."
Member for 9 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline woleykram

• Awards
« Reply #3448 on: November 24, 2019, 09:55:28 am »
Think I got everything right this time.

Still learning this game, but new PB - 197,600 achieved 11/24/19
Member for 4 Years

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3449 on: November 24, 2019, 08:35:06 pm »
I took on board the advice given to me by a few members here (thanks Sith and Jonesy).  I ignored an early stupid set of deaths, and went for it.  I got over 350k with one man and got over 500k.

I have been having a real hard time keeping focus and my nerves about me when recording, but I'm slowly getting used to it.  I hid my score so that I could focus on the game, and it really helped me play like I know i'm capable of.

I accidentally got a peek of of my score one I started getting into rhythm, and it fell apart.  I rushed the pies for quick points and being on the last life knocked my confidence a bit, and I lost it in a silly way.  I believe I've got what it takes to get to the KS, so that's hopefully my next update  :)

I don't think it's too shabby of a score for a months worth of playing.  Any advice from my video welcome  <popcorn>

Well done, sir. Verified and updated on the HSL. If you can score 500k, you're well on your way to a KS!

kongtrac.kr summary