Author Topic: DK Score Submissions  (Read 1446804 times)

Offline rayfinkel

• Awards
Re: Score Submissions
« Reply #3405 on: October 31, 2019, 03:47:15 pm »
Wanted to post a start score from back on October 20th. Thanks!

Justin Elliott
138,600 start
WolfMAME 0186

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3406 on: October 31, 2019, 05:21:30 pm »
Wanted to post a start score from back on October 20th. Thanks!

Justin Elliott
138,600 start
WolfMAME 0186

Verified and updated on the Start HSL! Congrats!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Lyriell

• Awards
« Reply #3407 on: November 02, 2019, 05:41:57 am »
Hi all,

New start high score list submission.

start at
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/502884798?t=0h36m54s

ends at
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/502884798?t=1h3m4s
1:03:04 sec

Same setup as always, TKG4.

Member for 6 Years DK 1.2M Point Scorer Winner of a community event CK Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
  • Mario Bros. Arcade World Record Holder.
    • Awards
« Reply #3408 on: November 02, 2019, 08:56:28 am »
Kongrats Justin on the BIG Scores!! Cheers.  Kappa
Member for 10 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline woleykram

• Awards
« Reply #3409 on: November 02, 2019, 12:45:29 pm »
Submitting a score mainly because I am new, and just want to make sure I did everything correctly!

Kevin Markielowski
Mame
Score achieved November 2 2019
Member for 4 Years

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3410 on: November 02, 2019, 03:38:05 pm »
Submitting a score mainly because I am new, and just want to make sure I did everything correctly!

Kevin Markielowski
Mame
Score achieved November 2 2019

Welcome to DKF, Kevin, and thanks for the submission! This INP looks like it was recorded with regular MAME, and for submissions we require WolfMAME: https://github.com/mahlemiut/wolfmame/releases

It works the same as regular MAME but has special features that make it more suitable for competition purposes. Also, please put your INPs in a zip archive when submitting if you can (zip, 7z, whatever).

Hope to see another score soon!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
« Reply #3411 on: November 03, 2019, 03:28:35 pm »
Slightly updated score if you could update please xelnia  :D

Finding it really hard to stop the pressure when recording.  Any tips to clear the mind?  I've had so many 400-500k games when relaxed including at my local arcade.  Maybe I need to get some music going!
Member for 4 Years DK Killscreener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3412 on: November 03, 2019, 09:08:55 pm »
Hi all,

New start high score list submission.

start at
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/502884798?t=0h36m54s

ends at
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/502884798?t=1h3m4s
1:03:04 sec

Same setup as always, TKG4.

Verified and updated on the Start HSL! Somebody's getting better!  <Allen>

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3413 on: November 03, 2019, 09:12:55 pm »
Slightly updated score if you could update please xelnia  :D

Finding it really hard to stop the pressure when recording.  Any tips to clear the mind?  I've had so many 400-500k games when relaxed including at my local arcade.  Maybe I need to get some music going!

Verified and updated on the HSL! Congrats!

Music might help, or some players cover the score so they can't see it. You might also try thinking about how far into the game you're getting instead of what your score is...or use a higher score as a goal instead of your PB (e.g., aim for 400k, not 222k).

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
« Reply #3414 on: November 04, 2019, 03:56:54 pm »
I honestly don't know how people keep composed when recording, I just can't deal with the pressure and I think I'm going to stop playing this game for good.  I get tinging hands and extreme nervousness and just can't play like I normally.  ROFL

If you watch this INP, you'll see I fecked up on the pies big time when I had an easy run.  I passed out for a moment!  <gasp>

Offline Charlie Milne

• Awards
« Reply #3415 on: November 05, 2019, 04:55:11 am »
G'Day Kongers,

Looking back over Sept and Oct just want to say there is a lot to recognise. Congratulations to everyone for posting PBs, amazing scores and Kill Screens.
Matt on breaking a mil
BBH, LauraKingNeville, KKX, Wade Wittmar for Kill Screens
Brad Williamson, Maximumsteve for 900K+ scores
and Justin for a mammoth 1.142 mil
and lets not forget Xelnia for continuing the updates to the scoreboard (sorry I am sure there are others but being new to the community I'm still getting a handle on who everyone is)

If I may now indulge in my own efforts separating myself from the ranks above
submitting my new PB HS of 485,200 and a start HS of 101,700 done on Wolfmame 106
I've had a couple of tough months since posting my last PB on 1st Sept, after that the rest of Sept had left me feeling like I have been going backwards and lucky to get 200k.
Things got back on track early Oct with a new PB on the 7th but only by 7100pts not enough for me to want to submit.
Went back into a slump for the rest of Oct only managing 2 games into 300K. However Broke the hoodoo on Sunday with a new PB but alas only by a soul destroying 300pts. Then it came up trumps for me yesterday with a new PB breakthrough game adding 126K. No screwings in there so on and upwards
What a funny old game this is, 2 thumbs up to the community and enjoying the roller coaster ride.

Thanks to all.
The code screws everyone equally
Member for 4 Years

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
« Reply #3416 on: November 05, 2019, 05:04:03 am »
G'Day Kongers,

Looking back over Sept and Oct just want to say there is a lot to recognise. Congratulations to everyone for posting PBs, amazing scores and Kill Screens.
Matt on breaking a mil
BBH, LauraKingNeville, KKX, Wade Wittmar for Kill Screens
Brad Williamson, Maximumsteve for 900K+ scores
and Justin for a mammoth 1.142 mil
and lets not forget Xelnia for continuing the updates to the scoreboard (sorry I am sure there are others but being new to the community I'm still getting a handle on who everyone is)

If I may now indulge in my own efforts separating myself from the ranks above
submitting my new PB HS of 485,200 and a start HS of 101,700 done on Wolfmame 106
I've had a couple of tough months since posting my last PB on 1st Sept, after that the rest of Sept had left me feeling like I have been going backwards and lucky to get 200k.
Things got back on track early Oct with a new PB on the 7th but only by 7100pts not enough for me to want to submit.
Went back into a slump for the rest of Oct only managing 2 games into 300K. However Broke the hoodoo on Sunday with a new PB but alas only by a soul destroying 300pts. Then it came up trumps for me yesterday with a new PB breakthrough game adding 126K. No screwings in there so on and upwards
What a funny old game this is, 2 thumbs up to the community and enjoying the roller coaster ride.

Thanks to all.

Congrats on the new score! Superb stuff.

I too feel like I'm going backwards sometimes, but you have to remember that it's simply due to the randomness of this game. Even the top players admit that if the fireballs want to get you, there's nothing you can do. It really does depend on the luck you get thrown.

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
« Reply #3417 on: November 05, 2019, 12:53:49 pm »
Hi xelnia,

Wasn't sure if you saw my last submission with my rambling.  ;D

Thanks

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3418 on: November 05, 2019, 03:24:50 pm »
Hi xelnia,

Thanks

I see everything. Don't worry...I'll get to it.

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
« Reply #3419 on: November 05, 2019, 03:30:18 pm »
Hi xelnia,

Thanks

I see everything. Don't worry...I'll get to it.

I've modded a forum in the past, no easy task. Keep up the good work, and thanks for the previous updates.