Author Topic: DK Score Submissions  (Read 1446153 times)

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
Re: Score Submissions
« Reply #3390 on: October 27, 2019, 09:17:26 am »
NEW DK PB!! 911,800. Twitch Link Here. Let me know Jeremy!! Movin On Up! Cheers.  8)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/498575502

Game starts at the 39 Minute mark or so of this twitch link. Verified it at the end after game was over.

Superb achievement!!
Member for 4 Years DK Killscreener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3391 on: October 27, 2019, 03:08:59 pm »
Hi all,

Test upload of an INP before I go for a KS.  May as well add it to the list for now if ok please  ;D

Welcome to DKF! This INP looks good. How do you want to be listed on the scoreboard?
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3392 on: October 27, 2019, 04:34:37 pm »
New PB of 555900, soz about the light from the sun tunnel in the roof.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/500143423

Game starts at 0:01:20

Nice score, sir! Tough ending, but you went over 400k on your 2nd life! Sounds like a KS is coming up soon! Your score has been verified and updated on the HSL.

kongtrac.kr summary
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline elbee85

• Awards
« Reply #3393 on: October 28, 2019, 02:12:55 am »

Nice score, sir! Tough ending, but you went over 400k on your 2nd life! Sounds like a KS is coming up soon! Your score has been verified and updated on the HSL.

kongtrac.kr summary

Member for 5 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
« Reply #3394 on: October 28, 2019, 12:51:37 pm »
Hi all,

Test upload of an INP before I go for a KS.  May as well add it to the list for now if ok please  ;D

Welcome to DKF! This INP looks good. How do you want to be listed on the scoreboard?

Hi buddy,

Sorry, I should have added my name! My full name is Luke Brynycz.

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
« Reply #3395 on: October 28, 2019, 12:52:56 pm »

kongtrac.kr summary

What he said! Cracking score. This game can be savage!!

Offline rayfinkel

• Awards
« Reply #3396 on: October 28, 2019, 06:59:07 pm »
I want to thank all 30+ of you who stopped by tonight to watch my new PB - it seriously means the world to me. This community is incredible. I've been gaming hard my whole life, but I've never seen a more genuine, down to earth and supportive group of fellers in my life.

I grinded hard for this one. I started the journey in July of last year and have put in over 3500 failed INP's since then. But, even more important than that were the hundreds of hours watching all of you guys (you've probably seen me lurking in every DK stream imaginable), learning, failing (and failing...) and honing my technique through endless save state sessions and visualizing myself getting better. I know to some it's just a game, but I think we all know how much hard work we each put into this thing we love.

I will probably write up a blog here soon.

Justin Elliott
WolfMAME 0186

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3397 on: October 28, 2019, 08:38:35 pm »
Hi all,

Hi buddy,

Alright, added to the HSL! Congrats!

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3398 on: October 28, 2019, 08:51:34 pm »
I want to thank all 30+ of you who stopped by tonight to watch my new PB - it seriously means the world to me. This community is incredible. I've been gaming hard my whole life, but I've never seen a more genuine, down to earth and supportive group of fellers in my life.

I grinded hard for this one. I started the journey in July of last year and have put in over 3500 failed INP's since then. But, even more important than that were the hundreds of hours watching all of you guys (you've probably seen me lurking in every DK stream imaginable), learning, failing (and failing...) and honing my technique through endless save state sessions and visualizing myself getting better. I know to some it's just a game, but I think we all know how much hard work we each put into this thing we love.

I will probably write up a blog here soon.

Justin Elliott
WolfMAME 0186

Congrats on the amazing score, sir! Looks like your grind on The Island? has paid off! You've burst into the top 10, knocking out Vince Lemay in the process. Only 500 points behind Phil Tudose, and 900 behind Jason Wade! Your score has been verified and updated on the HSL. I know we're all looking forward to your grind towards 1.2M!

kongtrac.kr summary

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
« Reply #3399 on: October 29, 2019, 01:07:16 am »
Hi all,

Hi buddy,

Alright, added to the HSL! Congrats!

Cheers! :)

Online Kibbey93

• Nibblayyyyyy.
    • Twitch.tv
    • Awards
« Reply #3400 on: October 29, 2019, 02:55:09 am »
Justin Elliott
WolfMAME 0186

Kreygasm Kreygasm
DK Masters - Rank D Member for 9 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #3401 on: October 29, 2019, 08:34:16 am »
Justin's game was great. I haven't seen Phil's run yet, but as far as a 1.14 game goes it was extremely efficient. For 2019, it should be seen as the gold standard of a low-ish risk 1.15 pace game.

Please stream 1.2 attempts. I'm really curious what you'll add to the mix for that goal. Gardikis leeches, top shelf, more aggressive grouping, transition rejumps? Whatever it is I can't wait.
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Online Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #3402 on: October 29, 2019, 01:55:04 pm »
Amazing score Justin! Feels like you only just picked up the game too. Cant wait to see what's next....some Junior perhaps?
:)
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Submit a score for every DK3 track Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline rayfinkel

• Awards
« Reply #3403 on: October 29, 2019, 02:17:05 pm »
Thanks, guys! You da best.

Duke - you hit the nail on the head. I wanted to figure out how I could do 1.15 with as much minimal risk as possible. It's obviously not even remotely optimized yet but that was the gameplan. Minimal (except well-timed) lateral jumps on the 4th girder, no 5th to 4th girder rejumps if a fireball is directly below me on girder 3, no Gardikis jumps even though I'm fairly well-practiced, 100% panic grabbing and quicker girder transitions when I don't smash the first fireball with the hammer. Those are just some of the golden rules to 1.15 as long as you are somewhat combo-savvy during your transitions and can press pretty well up top with your groupings.

Barra - Thanks my man. I am still fairly new to this game so we'll see where it goes from here. I'm not sure about Junior yet. I'll have to reach out to ya so you can teach me the ways! I missed your tutorial! Haha.

Offline JMayden81

• maydengaming instagram
    • Awards
« Reply #3404 on: October 29, 2019, 04:22:06 pm »
Justin you?re the man, the myth, and now a legend! Well done my friend!
http://www.twitch.tv/jmayden81
DK pb: 1,027,700 KS

"Not far below you is a large horizontal plane which proves beneficial in maximizing the exploitation of gravity."
Member for 9 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer