Author Topic: DK Score Submissions  (Read 1446197 times)

Offline guwu

• Awards
Re: Score Submissions
« Reply #2295 on: December 25, 2017, 10:31:35 am »
Hi, my name is Guido Wulf, I'm from Germany and this is my first submission to the HSL:

Guido Wulf
17/12/23

Thanks, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!
DK (MAME): 270,400
DK (MAME) Start: 102,800
DK (MAME) 1-1: 9,600
Member for 6 Years

Offline mrvaya

• Awards
« Reply #2296 on: December 25, 2017, 10:45:29 am »
Hey Guido. Welcome and congrats on your pb. Are you gonna go for that ks?
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline guwu

• Awards
« Reply #2297 on: December 25, 2017, 11:52:39 am »
Hey Guido. Welcome and congrats on your pb. Are you gonna go for that ks?

Thanks! I just started playing DK but yes, ks is a goal ;)
Member for 6 Years

Offline mrvaya

• Awards
« Reply #2298 on: December 25, 2017, 12:44:24 pm »
Awesome - make sure to stream your journey for the rest of us to enjoy.
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline John73

• Awards
« Reply #2299 on: December 26, 2017, 12:03:09 am »
393,100 - very small increase on my pb

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/212610392

Link should take directly to around 22mins in when the game starts.  Did quick film of multiboard and DIPs but have previously shown inside of machine, joystick etc.
DK Mame 266K Level 8-6
CK Mame 559K Killscreen
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2300 on: December 26, 2017, 11:41:24 am »
This was posted in the million point timeline, but I was wondering if it counts for the scoreboard?  Okinawa San apparently is his name.  I think the video will soon be erased though because it looks like he doesn't save anything.   1,014,400
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/212619513
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #2301 on: December 26, 2017, 03:01:04 pm »
422,200 points! https://www.twitch.tv/videos/212365489

Nice PB increase, sir! Your score has been verified and updated on the HSL and Start HSL. Top 100 coming soon!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #2302 on: December 26, 2017, 03:03:20 pm »
Hi, my name is Guido Wulf, I'm from Germany and this is my first submission to the HSL:

Guido Wulf
17/12/23

Thanks, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!

Welcome to DKF! Unfortunately I was unable to play back your INP.  :( The INP looks like a WolfMAME 0.189 INP, and I used the Windows and Linux versions of 0.189, but the playback desyncs very early in the game (meaning the game dies off, but I can still see your inputs as if you're still playing). Did you use a different front-end for WolfMAME, or a different build?
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #2303 on: December 26, 2017, 03:05:44 pm »
393,100 - very small increase on my pb

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/212610392

Link should take directly to around 22mins in when the game starts.  Did quick film of multiboard and DIPs but have previously shown inside of machine, joystick etc.

gg sir. Your score has been verified and updated on the HSL. I think you're pretty close to huge score, just a couple quirky mistakes in this game. Keep going good!

kongtrac.kr summary

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #2304 on: December 26, 2017, 03:08:57 pm »
This was posted in the million point timeline, but I was wondering if it counts for the scoreboard?  Okinawa San apparently is his name.  I think the video will soon be erased though because it looks like he doesn't save anything.   1,014,400
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/212619513

Okinawa-san has stated that he would join DKF once he scored a million. But in case that takes a while, I'm going to add this score to the HSL right now. I've also saved the VOD in case he doesn't make a permanent highlight. Stats below for any that are interested.

Offline guwu

• Awards
« Reply #2305 on: December 26, 2017, 03:49:59 pm »
Welcome to DKF! Unfortunately I was unable to play back your INP.  :( The INP looks like a WolfMAME 0.189 INP, and I used the Windows and Linux versions of 0.189, but the playback desyncs very early in the game (meaning the game dies off, but I can still see your inputs as if you're still playing). Did you use a different front-end for WolfMAME, or a different build?

I compiled the WolfMAME V0.189 sources on my Mac and use this build for playing and recording DK sessions. To be honest I do not have a clue why the resulting INP does cause such issues on a Windows or Linux system... Bad luck for me, maybe I'll switch to the Windows build of WolfMAME running in a VM on my system and try that out.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your effort and letting me know of the issues!

Cheers,
Guido
Member for 6 Years

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #2306 on: December 26, 2017, 03:54:25 pm »

I compiled the WolfMAME V0.189 sources on my Mac and use this build for playing and recording DK sessions. To be honest I do not have a clue why the resulting INP does cause such issues on a Windows or Linux system... Bad luck for me, maybe I'll switch to the Windows build of WolfMAME running in a VM on my system and try that out.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your effort and letting me know of the issues!

Cheers,
Guido

Ok, that makes sense as I've seen that issue before. Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac to verify scores (a newer one anyway), so if it's not too much a trouble, creating a Windows/Linux INP would be greatly appreciated. We certainly want to get you on the scoreboard, so we'll work something out! Thanks for your patience!

Offline Sbarron1983

• Awards
« Reply #2307 on: January 05, 2018, 07:24:05 pm »
Hey I wanted to Submit a score for my son Isaac Barron. Do I need to create an account for him on dkf?
I attached his game
Fyi he is 8 years old  :)
Member for 6 Years Blogger

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #2308 on: January 07, 2018, 12:32:56 am »
Hey I wanted to Submit a score for my son Isaac Barron. Do I need to create an account for him on dkf?
I attached his game
Fyi he is 8 years old  :)

No need to create a separate account; you can submit for him. So, congrats to Isaac on his 15,600 score and welcome to the DKF HSL!

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #2309 on: January 11, 2018, 02:31:32 am »
Want to make sure my settings are right in MAME for submissions before I get a good score and find out something is messed up. All dumb deaths.

Date was 1/10/2018. Comments/advice on general play style welcomed. I do know how to not die in every spot I died, just silly unforced errors. Goal with this approximate level of pressing is 1.15, and If I wanted 1.2 I would add g6 backjumping,more multi-girder rejumps of triples, and I’d stop panic grabbing. Oh, and I wouldn’t be happy with 0 point deaths because I jumped a few frames late on elevator making retreat impossible.

But to be fair, I really just want to make sure that my settings are right so the game I want to have will actually be accepted.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:46:23 am by dnickolas »
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer