Author Topic: DK Score Submissions  (Read 1446815 times)

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: Score Submissions
« Reply #1905 on: September 24, 2016, 05:32:06 pm »
Congrats mate GG

Badge him up Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Submit a score for every DK3 track Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #1906 on: September 24, 2016, 09:53:34 pm »
Name: Andrew Garrett
Twitch: agarrett13
Score: 816,800
Video link: https://youtu.be/5zieZScFDTA
Date: 24 September 2016

Score was performed live at Z82 Retrocade in front of a decent crowd. The owner started recording the score at 704,100 points not knowing a kill screen was imminent. After the game, the control panel is pulled up to verify a 4 way stick, the boards are recorded for valid chips and DIP switches, and the game reset to verify the 3-life setting and the extra life obtained at 7000 points.

Congrats on the KS and PB Andrew! Video looks great and is enough to verify your score. The HSL has been updated! Time for 1M! :)
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #1907 on: September 25, 2016, 12:20:53 am »
Quote from: person who hasn't got 1m
Time for 1M! :)

<mad>
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Submit a score for every DK3 track Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline alumbrada

• Awards
« Reply #1908 on: September 25, 2016, 01:35:03 am »

person who hasn't got 1m

ROFL

<stirpot>

........ <popcorn>
DK high score: 89,100
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #1909 on: September 25, 2016, 01:55:54 am »
Time for 1M! :)

<mad>

person who hasn't got 1m

ROFL

<stirpot>

........ <popcorn>

wda likit
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #1910 on: September 25, 2016, 03:25:35 am »
Good job mate! lovit
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline YesAffinity

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #1911 on: September 25, 2016, 07:28:44 am »
Name: Andrew Garrett
Twitch: agarrett13
Score: 816,800
Video link:
Date: 24 September 2016

Score was performed live at Z82 Retrocade in front of a decent crowd. The owner started recording the score at 704,100 points not knowing a kill screen was imminent. After the game, the control panel is pulled up to verify a 4 way stick, the boards are recorded for valid chips and DIP switches, and the game reset to verify the 3-life setting and the extra life obtained at 7000 points.
Congratulations, sir.  And in front of a crowd, no less...very impressive!
Matthew 21:22

DK Arcade PB (verified): 970,200 KS
DK Start PB (verified): 126,600
DK L1-1 PB (verified): 11,400
DK PB 1st Man: 622,000

Donkey Kong Direct Feed How-To - http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=1413.0
^Now outdated, see instead: http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=2471.0
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #1912 on: September 25, 2016, 09:26:20 am »
great stuff! congrats :)
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

DonkeyKongGenius

« Reply #1913 on: September 26, 2016, 09:10:17 pm »
Congrats Andrew! There's nothing stronger than having it be done in front of a crowd.  <Walter>

Offline JumpmanJack

• Awards
« Reply #1914 on: October 21, 2016, 01:28:41 pm »
I, Kyle Serrano and posting my son, Jackson Serrano's score of 81,900.  Jack achieved this score on the evening of 10/18/2016 at the Z82 Retrocade in Sherwood AR.  He is 8 years old.

This score was achieved in front of Dan Solis, owner of the Retrocade and Andrew Garrett, recent Kill Screener during a "Donkey Kong University" class that Andrew was instructing.  This score was posted using the standard arcade settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvnWJCEgkd8

This is Jack's first submission to this forum, but he looks forward to posting scores for years to come   :)
Member for 7 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #1915 on: October 21, 2016, 03:12:39 pm »
I, Kyle Serrano and posting my son, Jackson Serrano's score of 81,900.  Jack achieved this score on the evening of 10/18/2016 at the Z82 Retrocade in Sherwood AR.  He is 8 years old.

This score was achieved in front of Dan Solis, owner of the Retrocade and Andrew Garrett, recent Kill Screener during a "Donkey Kong University" class that Andrew was instructing.  This score was posted using the standard arcade settings.

This is Jack's first submission to this forum, but he looks forward to posting scores for years to come   :)

Welcome Kyle and Jackson! Amazing to see an 80k score from an 8-year old! Since this is your first submission to the forum, and because the video is only a partial recording, I'd like to ask if you can get Andrew and Dan to post here as confirmation that they witnessed this score. Generally, for video that only shows the end of a game, we like to see a restart in the same video so we can verify the game settings. Since Andrew and Dan are established members of the community who have vouched for others before, their confirmation would be good enough for me! Thanks for your help and understanding and keep going Jack!

Offline Shamrock

• Awards
« Reply #1916 on: October 21, 2016, 05:42:03 pm »
Evening guys. I'm here to confirm Jackson Serrano's score of 81,900 points. He did in fact do it during my DKU class, oddly enough, the first night. He did it on the same cabinet that I did my Killscreen if you would like us to confirm the boards and I also have pictures to show Jackson's progress
All scores set at Z82 Retrocade in Sherwood AR

Galaga - 3,614,350 KS (WR Default?)
Pac-Man - 3,214,250 KS
Q*Bert - 1,506,925
U.N Squadron - 1,410,750 KS/WR(?)
Gyruss - 1,426,750
Four-time defending Air Hockey Champion
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline JumpmanJack

• Awards
« Reply #1917 on: October 21, 2016, 06:20:25 pm »
Thanks for the quick response Andrew!  Jack had a great time at DKU and looks forward to coming back on Tuesday.  You did an awesome job teaching the class!
Member for 7 Years Twitch Streamer

Daniel Solis

« Reply #1918 on: October 22, 2016, 04:21:01 pm »

This is Daniel Solis, owner of Z82 Retrocade
The donkey Kong pcb that Jackson Serrano scored on is the same board that Andrew Garrett scored his 816,800 and was done live during DKU, Donkey Kong University on Tuesday October 18th, 2016
Just wanted to give that verification as soon as I could

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #1919 on: October 22, 2016, 04:34:49 pm »

Welcome Kyle and Jackson! Amazing to see an 80k score from an 8-year old! Since this is your first submission to the forum, and because the video is only a partial recording, I'd like to ask if you can get Andrew and Dan to post here as confirmation that they witnessed this score. Generally, for video that only shows the end of a game, we like to see a restart in the same video so we can verify the game settings. Since Andrew and Dan are established members of the community who have vouched for others before, their confirmation would be good enough for me! Thanks for your help and understanding and keep going Jack!

Evening guys. I'm here to confirm Jackson Serrano's score of 81,900 points. He did in fact do it during my DKU class, oddly enough, the first night. He did it on the same cabinet that I did my Killscreen if you would like us to confirm the boards and I also have pictures to show Jackson's progress

This is Daniel Solis, owner of Z82 Retrocade
The donkey Kong pcb that Jackson Serrano scored on is the same board that Andrew Garrett scored his 816,800 and was done live during DKU, Donkey Kong University on Tuesday October 18th, 2016
Just wanted to give that verification as soon as I could

Ok, good enough for me! Welcome to the Donkey Kong High Score List, Jackson! We look forward to seeing more scores from you in the future!

For Kyle: if you haven't already, please check out the List Submission Rules to help with future submissions. For Andrew and Dan: thanks for the quick responses and for creating such a cool environment for these players!