Author Topic: DK Score Submissions  (Read 1447098 times)

Offline BillyGaines

• L=22
    • Awards
Re: Score Submissions
« Reply #1125 on: June 07, 2015, 05:49:01 pm »
Nice score and welcome.  I too believe in submitting every score increase.  We all start somewhere and when you are learning to deal with the level 4 springs/wild barrels a score of 100k is the first milestone gets you hooked on this crazy game.  We all know about Billy Mitchell and Steve Sanders back in the day, but I NEVER saw a score higher than 60-80k on a DK machine back then.  Usually a level 3 Pie success was good to get you high in the top 5 list (at the arcades I played in and DK was everywhere).  I love seeing new blood playing Kong and getting that high score list fever.  In the words of Robbie Lakeman 'keep grinding!'

I'd like to make my first score submission to the High Score List.

Kreygasm

It's low and I'm sure that many might wonder why I am taking the time to submit it.  I am here to learn, to improve, to challenge myself, and to support the DK community.  I love the idea of the HSL and I want to watch myself climb higher.  How high can I climb?

I am huge supporter of people submitting every score they get and not just waiting until they get a #1 score, or a score they're "happy" with, etc. The competition and scoreboard becomes better and more legitimate that way, in my opinion.

So here is the official submission.  Please let me know if I need to do anything differently.  Thanks.

Robert Copley (DadsGlasses)
6/6/2015
Submitted via Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNwQFtUcugA&feature=youtu.be

Everything looks good. Your score has been verified and the High Score List has been updated! You enter ranked #258 and I look forward to seeing you climb the ranks!

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated: playing style, video setup, strategy, etc.

For video quality, consider increasing the capture frame rate. It looks like your video was somewhere around 7 FPS. If your equipment allows for it, try to increase that to at least 25. 30 is standard, 60 is  Kreygasm.

As far as playing tips, there are a lot of things that are best learned by repetition (springs, how to jump certain barrel combos, etc.). One specific tip I can offer is to make sure you're always steering barrels out of your way. Take a look at your last death in this game. If you had steered the two barrels down the ladder right as your hammer ran out you could have climbed the up and finished the level before the fireball made its way over.
"If at first you don't succeed then maybe you just suck." - Kenny Powers
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline BillyGaines

• L=22
    • Awards
« Reply #1126 on: June 07, 2015, 05:56:29 pm »
Chris Gleed
6/7/15
Arcade

http://youtu.be/mAxn9gPeias

Man, I could smell the kill screen.  Risk management is a key component to continually advancing through the boards.  I was making much better decisions overall, which allowed me to get as far as I did, but all but one of the deaths were clearly of my own doing.

AWESOME!  I know at least 4 players who are going for their first Kill Screen so it's going to be a great summer of Kong milestones. Congrats on your new high score! 

DadsGlasses

« Reply #1127 on: June 07, 2015, 06:32:02 pm »
Chris Gleed
6/7/15
Arcade

http://youtu.be/mAxn9gPeias

Man, I could smell the kill screen.  Risk management is a key component to continually advancing through the boards.  I was making much better decisions overall, which allowed me to get as far as I did, but all but one of the deaths were clearly of my own doing.

Awesome man!  Your progress is inspiring me.  Can't wait to see your KillScreen

DadsGlasses

« Reply #1128 on: June 07, 2015, 06:33:23 pm »
Nice score and welcome.  I too believe in submitting every score increase.  We all start somewhere and when you are learning to deal with the level 4 springs/wild barrels a score of 100k is the first milestone gets you hooked on this crazy game.  We all know about Billy Mitchell and Steve Sanders back in the day, but I NEVER saw a score higher than 60-80k on a DK machine back then.  Usually a level 3 Pie success was good to get you high in the top 5 list (at the arcades I played in and DK was everywhere).  I love seeing new blood playing Kong and getting that high score list fever.  In the words of Robbie Lakeman 'keep grinding!'

Thanks Billy, I really appreciate it.  I've been watching your impressive scores.  Great job!

DadsGlasses

« Reply #1129 on: June 07, 2015, 06:34:04 pm »
Robert Copley
6/7/15
Arcade

https://youtu.be/wT-7KODjt_o

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 06:35:47 pm by DadsGlasses »

Online xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #1130 on: June 07, 2015, 11:00:40 pm »
Chris Gleed
6/7/15
Arcade

Top 100 achieved, killscreen right around the corner! Your score has been verified and the HSL has been updated. Time to update that forum signature. :D
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Online xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #1131 on: June 07, 2015, 11:01:23 pm »
Robert Copley
6/7/15
Arcade

Verified and HSL updated!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #1132 on: June 07, 2015, 11:34:56 pm »
Nice to see so many players upping their scores and making sure Jry has something to do.
Congrats guys! Keep em comin'!
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Submit a score for every DK3 track Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline alumbrada

• Awards
« Reply #1133 on: June 08, 2015, 01:10:21 am »
making sure Jry has something to do
ROFL
DK high score: 89,100
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #1134 on: June 08, 2015, 02:47:50 am »
Nice to see so many players upping their scores and making sure Jry has something to do.
Congrats guys! Keep em comin'!

Yeah It's great to see people progressing Kreygasm .
A lot of newer people around lately really pushing for their 1st ks  which is great (I'm reminded of the great JCB/ Staal race to 1st KS  <3 )  <Allen>" stop goin good!"

Be sure to sign up for Eric's free to enter tournament https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=1284.0

Offline BillyGaines

• L=22
    • Awards
« Reply #1135 on: June 11, 2015, 01:47:52 am »
Billy Gaines
Arcade
June 11th
http://www.twitch.tv/billygaines/c/6820343

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #1136 on: June 11, 2015, 02:43:11 am »
wow so close of a kill screen! I'll need to watch you play more, it's just a matter of time until you kill screen. Keep going! lovit  Kreygasm
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

DadsGlasses

« Reply #1137 on: June 11, 2015, 07:11:53 am »
Billy Gaines
Arcade
June 11th

Awesome job. Can't wait to watch your Kill Screen!

Offline jumpman

• Awards
« Reply #1138 on: June 11, 2015, 07:34:12 am »
Another day another billy Gaines pb! Go sir I'm rooting for you.
DK Arcade 606,200
Zookeeper 750k

http://www.twitch.tv/shigerumiyamoto
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Online xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #1139 on: June 11, 2015, 08:20:23 am »
Billy Gaines
Arcade
June 11th

So close! Maybe take a break for a few days and get that first KS during the Online Open...bounty $$$  Kreygasm  ;D

Score has been verified and HSL updated.