Author Topic: DK Score Submissions  (Read 1446895 times)

Offline ToddLalonde

• Donkey Kong is the greatest game of all time!
    • Awards
Re: Score Submissions
« Reply #330 on: October 29, 2013, 09:25:19 am »
Just scored 9,700 points on DK 1-1 live on Twitch.
I'd like to submit this score. Here is the link to my 1-1 9,700
http://www.twitch.tv/toddlalonde/c/3160128

thanks guys :)

Todd Lalonde
Donkey Kong Arcade Cab PB 903,900 KS
Best 1st man 458,100 :)
Donkey Kong Remix PB 311,500
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #331 on: October 29, 2013, 10:52:28 am »
Just scored 9,700 points on DK 1-1 live on Twitch.
I'd like to submit this score. Here is the link to my 1-1 9,700
http://www.twitch.tv/toddlalonde/c/3160128

I can confirm the score above. The strange girder in the bottom left corner I know to just be a screen capture issue, since I've talked with Todd about it before. Well done, Todd! Two 800 smashes with the top hammer was really nice!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #332 on: October 29, 2013, 07:29:12 pm »
Living dangerously close to the very edge of the submissions rules. I have only accepted four MAME scores without an inp, and only one of these were a sole screen capture.  In the case of the three, was Robbie's because it was a webcam on the screen and we could double check everything at the end, seeing his monitor, etc, I have accepted Christian's score because I could see real time chat and his monitor in the end because he was using a monitor capture, and I have accepted a score by Colmon, which took me about a week or two to accept and then finally I saw in his original broadcast that I could see his whole monitor in the end and see that wolfmame was open, no video software, etc. So... to date, I have never accepted a window capture only except from Ben Falls. I had already stated why... unless someone hijacked Ben's stream and put up a one million point game! The reasons for my acceptance in that case are clear and I don't think anyone disputes it. So with Todd's submission I am back to the following criteria... while keeping the case by case basis principle alive and well...

Auxiliary Rules:

7.   The requirement for .inp and .wlf files addresses the possible falsification of a streamed game. If for some reason the player does not record their input along with their stream then they must demonstrate other evidences to address these concerns. These concerns predominantly include window capture only streaming formats. These evidences include: 1) showing the start up process of the game by clicking on the game in mame so we can see it is being started by the mame program. 2) At the end of the game, after the initials are entered, start another game while the game is still running. 3) Using the monitor capture format or using a webcam facing your monitor will enable people to see that you do not have any video software open on the bottom of the screen and that you are actually starting and playing a game live on Twitch.

Streaming Rules:

3.   It is highly recommended that any streaming, whether Arcade or MAME, show the player who is playing the game, and are encouraged to have audio available with a microphone so we can hear the player and game inputs. The more evidence that you can provide on your streams will only strengthen your score’s credibility.

4.   Streaming formats that only capture your MAME window will automatically require the .inp and .wlf files. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you either have the .inp and .wlf files, or make sure that you are using the full monitor capture, or a webcam facing your monitor, or have as much supporting evidence as possible so that there can be no question concerning the validity of your scores.

On the positive side, Todd's highlight is part of a nearly 4 hour broadcast of him playing at his level of DK. We know Todd very well and he streams on his channel often for all of us to see. We can clearly hear his inputs during the highlight, we can see him put his initials in at the end of play and in the broadcast he continues to play. We know from the broadcast that it is a continuous play with new credits put in so we know this is not some kind of inp playback from someone else. It is merely 400 points from his last update, so it is a reasonable progression from his recent score, so we are not looking at any substantial increase. In light of the following on his side, I propose to accept the score as legitimate.

However, Todd, I will probably sit on this score for a little while to see if you will increase your pb on 1-1 again since you have done so twice this week. Get 9,800 points very soon and that will make life easier. It is much easier for us to do in-house verification of known members of the forum, and usual streamers. We all know who we are. I just don't want people to begin questioning why I accepted Ben's score or Todd's score over-against another. But rest assured if some of these positive factors were missing then the case by case would say, um, we don't know you, we have not seen you stream before, we can't hear your inputs, etc, don't be surprised if I reject the score, lol. :P

In short, may all the Ben's and Todd's out there...... Stream your games, let us hear the inputs, have the inp if you want a mere window capture, etc. Read the rules and follow them so as to build as much evidence for your games as you can, prove to the world with as much proof as possible for your scores. :D

That is... in the perfect world...   
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 07:42:03 pm by corey.chambers »

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #333 on: October 29, 2013, 08:21:45 pm »
I don't think it would hurt for Todd to also figure out how to fix that little screen capture glitch in the bottom left corner. :)

Corey, I'll make sure to re-read through the rules as well as refresh myself with the cases of Robbie and Ben before I verify a score in the future. Thanks for thouroughly explaining how you assessed Todd's case.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

Offline ToddLalonde

• Awards
« Reply #335 on: October 30, 2013, 03:08:35 pm »
Hi guys , I Todd Lalonde would like to submit this DK 1-1 score of 10,300 points to the scoreboard.
Here is the link to the Twitch video:
http://www.twitch.tv/toddlalonde/c/3166404
Here is the inp of my performance also! I'm on vacation soon for 3 weeks and plan on upping all my DK personal bests.

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #336 on: October 30, 2013, 04:14:25 pm »
Hi guys , I Todd Lalonde would like to submit this DK 1-1 score of 10,300 points to the scoreboard.

Todd's 10,300 Level 1-1 score, achieved on 10/30/13, has been verified.

I'm on vacation soon for 3 weeks and plan on upping all my DK personal bests.

Given the symmetry of your latest submission (10.30K on 10/30), I'm predicting 11,100 on November 10th.   :)

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ToddLalonde

• Awards
« Reply #337 on: October 30, 2013, 10:27:36 pm »
I hope to break 11k on the 1-1 next!

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #338 on: October 30, 2013, 11:12:50 pm »
HI had a play on 1-1 today and have a score to submit 9200
the inp is here for wolf106 but ill probably be changing to wolf 149 from here on in.
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #339 on: October 31, 2013, 01:16:13 am »
Had another crack at this again upped it again thanks to some help from mitch.
9600 1-1
this one is done in wolf .149
the way the newer Mame's run compared to wolf 106 with the samples turned on is day and night for me.
hope its ok.
And this will be it for atleast a few days for 1-1
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Milehighdt

• Awards
« Reply #340 on: November 02, 2013, 05:02:11 pm »
Here is the link to my 1103700 game from 10/30/13

http://www.twitch.tv/milehighdt/c/3181602
DK (Arcade) 1,129,700
DK No-hammer (Arcade) 768800 Killscreen
DK No-hammer (mame japan set)  524600 level 21-4
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener Winner of a community event Individual Board Record Holder IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK No-Hammer Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener

corey.chambers

« Reply #341 on: November 11, 2013, 11:28:12 pm »
I, Corey Chambers, got a new start score of 128,600 on 11/12/2013. I need someone to verify this score for me. It was done live on my Twitch account at http://www.twitch.tv/clchambers00/c/3231040

P.S. If no one really minds I will be updating scores after the Kong Off. Sorry for being absent on it but I had to fulfill my part on the beginner's manual that will be up for sale at the Kong Off.

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #342 on: November 21, 2013, 06:46:20 pm »
10600 on 1-1
wasn't planing on trying but it just played out that way.
wolfmame .149
I know nobody is updating at the moment but I just felt like putting it up.
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #343 on: November 24, 2013, 02:01:40 am »
The score list management has been transitioning, so here are the scores that will hopefully be updated soon. I just want to make this post to reassure everyone that we'll get there!  ;D

1-1:
Jim Coxell
Todd Lalonde
Nick Sheils

No Hammer:
Jason Corey Brittain

Regular HSL:
Jonathan McCourt (from KO3)
Aaron Rounsaville (from KO3)
Remaining TG scores (whenever the site is back up)
Remaining MARP scores
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #344 on: November 25, 2013, 01:12:35 am »
10600 on 1-1

I just verified this 1-1 score. Congrats!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer