Author Topic: Sevenup1203s Gaming Blog  (Read 5025 times)

Offline sevenup1203

• Awards
Sevenup1203s Gaming Blog
« on: July 03, 2013, 01:51:25 am »
Well, there wont be too much to this but I plan on adding on.  So.....Im getting back into DK again.  Gotta get some practice in before November again.  Any ways my high score is 728k, that was done back in November on MAME before the KO2.  I just recently hit 543k and then the previous week nailed 660k.  So Im closing in on my PB which is excellent.  I have the hardest time staying calm under pressure, I listen to music to try and help but if anyone has any advice on how to stay calm that would be great.  And Allen cursing loudly isn't helping lol :P
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener Blogger

Drunkguy89

Re: Sevenup1203s Gaming Blog
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 02:32:09 am »
I cant offer any advise but I go trough the same thing (and imagine most people do), Its like some weird phnomenon that when I get within 100k of my PB my heart races and my hands start physically shaking, this no doubt (for me at least) ends up being the cause of my last guy dying.

Hopefuly someone else (as you suggested) can offer some solution to this nervous play. Im also wondering if drinking caffiene effects gameplay for better or worse, but thats for another disscusion.

Offline sevenup1203

• Awards
Re: Sevenup1203s Gaming Blog-Killscreen Achieved!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 09:12:37 pm »
I got the Killscreen, I stayed calm under pressure and told all those fireballs to fuck off and I did it... YES! Thanks for all the support everyone.  Next is 900k and then 1mil. 

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 12:41:28 pm »
Kongrats, Chris! Looks like you beat me to the punch on beating Brian's score! Sorry I missed your game. I'll keep an eye out for when you're going for 1m+!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Fast Eddie

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 12:53:37 pm »
nice one dude, welcome to the KS club!

i used to get nervous approaching my target score when it was 500k, i used to cover up the score on my screen so i could just concentrate on playing...

8)

Offline sevenup1203

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 03:32:43 pm »
Thanks everyone.  Now Im gonna focus on doing "No Reset" runs.  Even if I die early on I  gotta practice so might as well just do it.