Author Topic: Could I get a list of confirmed DK Jr. killscreens?  (Read 12170 times)

ChrisJBenn

Could I get a list of confirmed DK Jr. killscreens?
« on: June 27, 2013, 09:26:00 am »
I've started a Donkey Kong Jr. High Score list, and I'm looking to get a list of as many confirmed Donkey Kong Jr. killscreens as possible, as the Bold formatting (indicating killscreens) is essentially meaningless at this time. I'd appreciate anyone that has any killscreen games on that list so far, or not on it for that matter, letting me know in this thread. Furthermore, any scores that haven't been submitted via TG that you know of, I'd also greatly appreciate Twitch links/.inps/MARP replays/Youtube videos of killscreens or scores.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 09:32:19 am by ChrisJBenn »

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: Could I get a list of confirmed DK Jr. killscreens?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 10:01:40 am »
According to discussions I've had with him in the past, Jason Cram's DK Jr score on the list was not a ks game.  He told me recently he had never gotten to the ks but that he would get around to it one day.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 11:00:17 am »
FWIW, according to this account Jeff Brandt's and Kent Farries's games were killscreens.

http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/contests/Nov1982/index.htm

Also, there was at some brief point a TG listing for a Joe Malasarte of over 1m but there is really no way to know if it was a killscreen, or why it was ever removed from the books. Same with Calvin Frampton's removed score, it too was listed by TG at one point and according to his and eyewitnesses accounts he experienced what sounds like a killscreen. It doesn't sound like either one of those two meet the criteria for the list obviously, but it is an interesting part of the history.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 11:40:08 am »
Ben Falls and others can be found on MARP: http://replay.marpirc.net/r/dkongjr

hchien

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 12:58:03 pm »
Feel free to exclude my Jr. killscreen as it is completely unofficial, on MAME, at home, not recorded, self reported with only a screenshot.  I could do it again, but in the words of a wise and famous Q*bert player "why would I want to?"  Maybe some day.

corey.chambers

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 01:04:03 pm »
Chris, as you can see from the DK HSL, I have a lengthy explanation of the process I used to determine official killscreens. You are working with a lot less information, so I am not sure if that makes it easier or more difficult. ;)

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 01:27:31 pm »
Feel free to exclude my Jr. killscreen as it is completely unofficial, on MAME, at home, not recorded, self reported with only a screenshot.  I could do it again, but in the words of a wise and famous Q*bert player "why would I want to?"  Maybe some day.

To be more specific, this is what Hank reported

8)
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 02:01:26 pm »
 ;D

*Like*
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

corey.chambers

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 02:43:36 pm »
Nice Dave, really nice!  :P

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 02:45:04 pm »
Seems legit.

;D
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 03:07:07 pm »
Careful Dave. One might construe that as being a bullying asshole!  ;D
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 03:23:19 pm »
'Nuff said...

OH CRAP!!! HANK IS GONNA UNFRIEND ME NOW!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 05:41:59 pm »
You guys are too funny.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 05:55:28 pm »
Geeeeez, you have a lot of badges!!!^ 

You think you're special, huh?! Well, I'm gonna get the Burrito Off badge this year!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it! (but don't hurt your jaw! ;) )
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 06:01:45 pm »
I think with the chicken vs. steak handicap it's going to be really close.  If I chew enough gum from now til KO3 I may have the edge.  Buy some Wrigley stock now.