Author Topic: Jason Vasiloff gets 6,925,300 on TG Marathon settings! The New DK3 King  (Read 7715 times)

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
OK, Jason Vasiloff has absolutely demolished by Donkey Kong 3 record of 6.1 million with 6,925,300.
And for me that's what I have been looking for.  It's one of two scores that I see that if someone beats it they are now the new king of this game.

To be honest, he's next level.  He improved his previous score by 2.3 million points.   I have a TON of score between 4.6 and 6.1 million points.  It was an epic struggle to get to that point.
So yeah, on this date on September 1st, 2022, a new King of DK3 has been crowned.
The man is a true beast at this game, and he put in the time to become great at it.

Congratulations Jason, you're amazing.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: Jason Vasiloff gets 6,925,300 on TG Marathon settings! The New DK3 King
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 02:09:26 am »
 Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm

absolutely MASSIVE. score of the year right here. maybe even the decade or  <Billy>. riley's score's are/were top 10 all time imo <HootLove>

I remember a few years ago Max H. and myself constantly poking at you to play this because we thought it was a "JV" game. well, we weren't wrong ;)

epic stuff mate. soooo pumped! you completely crushed it too. the scary thing is, you can go higher!
D1 lets goooo  <gasp> <stanley> <stanley> <stanley>

Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline JasonV91

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 05:41:09 pm »
Thank you George, very kind of you to say - you set the bar so high on this game, I'm with Barra in that your DK3 scores are some of the most impressive in all of CAG.

Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm

absolutely MASSIVE. score of the year right here. maybe even the decade or  <Billy>. riley's score's are/were top 10 all time imo <HootLove>

I remember a few years ago Max H. and myself constantly poking at you to play this because we thought it was a "JV" game. well, we weren't wrong ;)

epic stuff mate. soooo pumped! you completely crushed it too. the scary thing is, you can go higher!
D1 lets goooo  <gasp> <stanley> <stanley> <stanley>

Thanks again mate - haha, I TOTALLY remember you and Max suggesting several times that I give DK3 a play...I don't know how you guys picked up on it being a "JV game" (still not sure what that even means  ;D), but you guys knew what you were talking about...great suggestion!  :)
Member for 5 Years DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Twitch Streamer

Offline rayfinkel

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 09:16:15 pm »
JV, you're an absolute beast. Congrats!

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2022, 12:33:05 pm »
Ah I missed this awesome score!  Congrats JV (seems like that should just be copy/paste every few weeks or so)!  Sick score man, what on earth you gonna play next?
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline JasonV91

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2022, 10:07:55 pm »
JV, you're an absolute beast. Congrats!
Thanks Fink!

Ah I missed this awesome score!  Congrats JV (seems like that should just be copy/paste every few weeks or so)!  Sick score man, what on earth you gonna play next?
Thanks dude! I know, it's getting kinda old, but it wasn't my idea to track 8 different variations  :) Still some work to be done on DK3, so when time allows, I'll probably continue with that for now. Not really sure what's next...maybe Commando?  <confused> ROFL
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 10:09:29 pm by JasonV91 »
Member for 5 Years DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2022, 04:56:02 pm »
Jason's score has been officially verified and the DK3 HSL has been updated accordingly. Congrats sir!

I'd like to share some stats from the game, but first a quick refresher on DK3 mechanics:
-DK3 maxes out in difficulty during the board 27/28/29 loop of blue/grey/gold boards then resets when the game loops.
-The RBS (repetitive blue screen) starts at board 160. Board 159 is an expected blue board, which should be followed by a grey board. However, boards 160-256 are all blue boards. Board 257 is actually board 1 of the second loop, so that's an expected blue board, but back to the beginning difficulty. That gives 99 blue boards in a row.
-A "loop" consists of 256 boards. Boards 1-255 are counted as such in the game's code, but board 256 is treated as board 0 with no level indicator. To my eyes it plays the same as a max difficulty blue board, but I'll let the pros discuss whether they feel it plays differently. Board 257 is when the game loops and the game treats this as board 1...counting it as such and returning the game to the original starting difficulty. On and on forever, as far as we know.
-Marathon games on 30k bonus settings can earn up to 37 lives. The 36th life is granted at 990,000 and the 37th is granted at the first points scored after 990,000. After this point, no extra lives can be earned, even after the game loops.

After 2:30:32, Jason went into the RBS with a score of 3,338,300 and 23 lives remaining. Loop 2 came 4:16:05 into the game, at which point Jason's score was 5,696,400 and he only had 4 lives remaining. He would suffer only one more death before passing Riley's WR 21 minutes later, on board 280 (board 24 of the second loop) during the end-stage Bonus calculation, after 4:37:45. Pressing on for another 800k and 36 more minutes, the game ended on board 317 (board 61 of the second loop), after what must have been a grueling 5:13:35 of gameplay.

Jason's 5th death occurred at 1,414,100...very nearly passing his recent 5-man WR of 1,445,600. His best 5-man run during the game was 1,648,100, between boards 233 and 310 (board 54 of second loop). His highest scoring single man was his third-to-last life, which scored 599,300 from board 277 (board 21 of second loop) to board 304 (board 48 of second loop). His longest lasting single man was his first man, which made it to board 30 before dying at 550,700.

In the first loop of the game, Jason had no deaths prior to the max difficulty section (I guess we can call boards 1-26 the "start"?). In the second loop he had one death during the start, on board 277 (or board 21 of the second loop). Not counting the RBS section of the game (in which there were 19 deaths), Jason had 8 deaths on blue boards, 8 deaths on grey boards, and 2 deaths on gold boards. Over the entire course of the game, only once did Jason suffer back-to-back deaths (multiple deaths on same board): on board 70 he lost a man at 1,414,100 and then almost immediately at 1,415,100. There was also only one section of the game where Jason lost lives multiple boards in a row. After losing a life while finishing board 213 at 4,642,000 he then lost a life on board 214 at 4,648,800 and on board 215 at 4,686,500.

I've attached a graph showing the score and death data over the course of the game, with the background being shaded blue/grey/gold to roughly show the board progression. I've also attached a CSV file of that data.

Congrats again on a legendary score, sir. But I don't think your work on DK3 is done yet!

"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer