Author Topic: In Memory of Jeff Harrist  (Read 20096 times)

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
In Memory of Jeff Harrist
« on: April 18, 2022, 04:30:48 pm »
In mid-February, JC passed away unexpectedly. The classic arcade community has lost an amazing ambassador for the hobby, and we've all lost a great friend. JC was the founder and admin of DKF and under his watch a fantastic community came together to share their passion with another, show their support for each other, and curse at a monkey. JC never expected DKF to become as large and influential as it has and moving forward I hope we can make him proud.

ersatz_cats wrote a wonderful memorial for JC here: https://perfectpacman.com/2022/02/18/in-memory-of-jc-harrist/

Take some time soon to tell your loved ones and friends how much you care for them. And drop a credit of DK or Robotron for Jeff.

<jimmyhouston>
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 04:56:12 pm by xelnia »
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
Re: In Memory of Jeff Harrist
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 10:50:30 pm »
JC brought so many of us together and did so much for this community. He was one of the kindest souls I had the pleasure of meeting in my time with this community so far. He constantly put so much of his own time and work into the Kong Offs and related events. I can confidently say that I would have never been involved in this community and met so many wonderful people for the past 8 years of my involvement if not for Jeff.

Rest easy, sir. We'll take it from here.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 10:53:21 pm by tilt »
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline blackraven15

• I usually just quietly lurking
    • My UV Multimidia Art
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 02:14:40 pm »
JC I am truely sad that I wont be able to kayak with you in alaska, you were such a kind soul that I am happy to have gotten to know

Rest well friend
Willow / Sock's other half

Higest DK Remix score default setting 64 180 (April 19 2018)

Twitter: @donkeykongremix
https://www.facebook.com/donkeykongremix/
Member for 8 Years

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2022, 04:00:05 pm »
I was very shocked to hear about Jeff. Beside DK, I used to discuss guitar with Jeff a lot. He was great player and had an awesome guitar collection. He will be missed.

Glad the site lives on. Thanks.
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline Gettysburg1863

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 05:13:03 pm »
RIP JC   :'(
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2023, 12:38:25 pm »
Yes so sad to hear the loss of a dk brother.. i met jeff back in 2012 at the kong off in the usa.. what a incredable man he was.. GOD be with you sir.. we will miss you. sir.. AMEN.
59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer