Author Topic: Crazy Kong High Score List Submissions  (Read 45731 times)

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: Crazy Kong High Score List Submissions
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2016, 11:30:49 am »
Holy Kreygasm

So large. Congrats
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Submit a score for every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

WCopeland

« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2016, 11:45:31 am »
Congrats

Offline aarontruitt

• Elite Member
    • AaronTruitt's Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2016, 12:04:37 pm »
Wow great score Robbie! This makes the upcoming CKO quite interesting, indeed!  <popcorn> Unless... has it already started....?
Arcade DK PB: 1,007,600 (KS)
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2016, 01:23:39 pm »
Congrats - Crazy score. 
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2016, 01:39:15 pm »
Holy fk
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2016, 02:33:08 pm »
great scores! congrats :)
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2016, 12:29:15 pm »
Robbie Lakeman
9/9/2016
746,400 MAME

Was this WolfMAME 106? Do you have the wlf file that goes with the inp?
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2016, 01:04:14 pm »
Robbie Lakeman
9/9/2016
746,400 MAME

Yeah it's WolfMAME 106.  I'm not sure if i have the wolf file since this is the first time I've ever submitted a MAME score.  I'll see if I can find it.  If not, I can always restream it on Twitch.

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2016, 03:06:38 pm »
Robbie Lakeman
9/9/2016
746,400 MAME

Yeah it's WolfMAME 106.  I'm not sure if i have the wolf file since this is the first time I've ever submitted a MAME score.  I'll see if I can find it.  If not, I can always restream it on Twitch.

It should be in the same folder as the inp. When you record an inp in WolfMAME 106 it will spit out two files "game.inp" and "game.wlf", with whatever you name you actually give it. So, as long as you haven't started another CK game with the same name as the last one, that wlf file should still be there.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 03:13:17 pm by xelnia »
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2016, 03:17:46 pm »
Unfortunately, I may have lost that file.  Rookie mistake on my part, but I will make sure to also save the wlf file in the future.  At the moment I dont have access to any files since the computer I was using isnt working.  Since I know very little about MAME, what is the point of the wlf file and why is it needed for submissions?  Either way I'll restream it at some point since I'd like to upload it to YouTube.

lakeman421

« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2016, 12:20:45 pm »
I replayed the game on Twitch this morning and put the link with my submission

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2016, 12:23:31 pm »
Robbie Lakeman
August 17th 2016
Crazy Kong Arcade 681500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GncTuLa1rhA
Funspot

Robbie Lakeman
9/9/2016
746,400 MAME

It should be in the same folder as the inp. When you record an inp in WolfMAME 106 it will spit out two files "game.inp" and "game.wlf", with whatever you name you actually give it. So, as long as you haven't started another CK game with the same name as the last one, that wlf file should still be there.

Unfortunately, I may have lost that file.  Rookie mistake on my part, but I will make sure to also save the wlf file in the future.  At the moment I dont have access to any files since the computer I was using isnt working.  Since I know very little about MAME, what is the point of the wlf file and why is it needed for submissions?  Either way I'll restream it at some point since I'd like to upload it to YouTube.

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and accept Robbie's MAME score without the wlf file, and the CK HSL has been updated accordingly. I've watched both the arcade score and the MAME score and both performances are, in my opinion, legitimate and acceptable for the following reasons:

1) Both scores were done with the appropriate settings.
2) The MAME score was done with WolfMAME 106.
3) There is already a history of non-WolfMAME/non-RU MAME submissions (or MAME games that were streamed only) being accepted, so I interpret that as a certain looseness in the MAME requirements.
4) Although it's a separate list, I think the CK HSL (and all of the lists on the forum) should look to Corey's Rulesâ„¢, in particular Auxiliary Rules #11 and #12:
11.   The cumulative effect of multiple evidences will also play a factor in the acceptance of a score even if those evidences are not adequate alone.

12.   Additionally, and most importantly, all scores on this list must be peer-reviewed in one manner or another. All scores which are being submitted according to the Auxiliary Rules will be handled on case by case bases and must be peer-reviewed, and a general consensus must be given by the DK Community that the score is probably genuine.
5) In my opinion, the wlf file requirement is important but not necessarily a deal-breaker. I've shifted my opinion on this over time. Formerly I was definitely in the "yes, always wlf file" camp, before I found out more about what it's used for. Now, I'm not entirely convinced that it's as important as it's made out to be. I don't know if there's anything useful contained in the wlf file that can't be determined by viewing the performance or digging into the inp itself.

Of course, this is still a community-based process, so if anyone sees any problems, please let me know.

lakeman421

« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2016, 12:28:13 pm »
Thanks for accepting the score under these circumstances.  In the future, I will make sure to save the wlf file as well to shred any doubt of any submissions.

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2016, 03:13:27 pm »
I have a feeling this thread's going to be busy for the next month.

572,900 at RU, L=21

INP and RU screenshot showing no pauses, play time, attached.
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2016, 04:58:06 pm »
Thanks for accepting the score under these circumstances.  In the future, I will make sure to save the wlf file as well to shred any doubt of any submissions.

shreads
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer