Author Topic: Donkey Kong 3 Submissions  (Read 41230 times)

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong 3 Submissions
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2017, 05:40:26 am »
Congrats mate!  Trifukta here you come!
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2017, 06:04:11 am »
Got emmmmm  Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm

FK now I have to play junior again  FailFish

WolfMAME 0.183
Hard, marathon

ty :)

Congrats sir! Quite a few last-man heroics in there.  Kreygasm Verified and updated on the list. Good luck on junyah...might want to dig deeper into that game, never know what the supafecta badge will require.  <stirpot>
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2017, 08:03:59 am »
Fantastic!  Another person to the million hard settings club! 8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2017, 01:16:57 pm »
Ty mates :)

Supafecta <mad> consider spilling the beans
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2017, 03:51:30 pm »
Holy moley, fastest 1M Hard ever!

You even beat the great Wes Copeland for speed.

I will say though, Galaga skillz most definitely transfer over to this game to a significant extent, so I'm not too surprised. George mentioned "dodging ability", and that's one of the big things. :)
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

WCopeland

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2017, 07:07:29 pm »
Supafecta <mad> consider spilling the beans

An idea I tossed around for a little while. The 1m Trifecta shows competency on games, whereas there would be another badge showing mastery of the three games.

1.1m Donkey Kong
1.3m Donkey Kong Jr
~2.5m (???) for Donkey Kong 3 (Hard)

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2017, 07:37:33 pm »
I believe "wait and seafighter" is an appropriate catch phrase here
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2017, 07:56:46 pm »
I think 2.5 million on DK3 is too low.  RBS on Hard would work though.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

WCopeland

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2017, 08:10:42 pm »

Comparatively speaking, 2.5m on DK3 hard would put the player near the same place on the leaderboard as the 1.1m and the 1.3m scores. I think RBS Hard is approaching WR capability.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2017, 08:37:59 pm »

Comparatively speaking, 2.5m on DK3 hard would put the player near the same place on the leaderboard as the 1.1m and the 1.3m scores. I think RBS Hard is approaching WR capability.
OK, I'm half, and half on this.  Although I believe that DK3 hard RBS is more accurate, I do think I sort of look like a Dbag because I'm making a criteria that only myself has accomplished.

Maybe for the sake of inclusiveness it should be 2.5 million, but with an understanding that this 2.5 million requirement can one day be amendable if people start to say that 2.5 million on Hard is too easy to get.  Sort of how the one million badge on DK3 was originally on easy, but now is on hard.  So yeah, for now it wouldn't be that bad, but if this were to become a thing, and people start to say it's to easy to get, than yeah it should be upped. :)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline gstrain

• Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2017, 03:49:19 pm »
Difficulty 2 - 5-man (TGTS) - George Strain - 302,200 - WolfMAME .106
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2017, 07:19:42 am »
Difficulty 2 - 5-man (TGTS) - George Strain - 302,200 - WolfMAME .106

Well done, sir! Your score has been verified and added to the DK3 HSL!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2017, 09:33:40 am »
Somehow I didn't see this, but great job.  If you submit this to Twin Galaxies it'll be the 2nd highest 5 man MAME score ever!

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline gstrain

• Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2017, 07:10:03 pm »
Somehow I didn't see this, but great job.  If you submit this to Twin Galaxies it'll be the 2nd highest 5 man MAME score ever!
Thanks.  I still have a long way to go to actually learn how to play the game before I can put up a score I'd consider "good".  I think I prefer the 5 man settings for now though since they make for shorter games and also more quickly "force" you to not just rely on the super spray and strategic suicides to improve.
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2017, 08:19:02 pm »
Thanks.  I still have a long way to go to actually learn how to play the game before I can put up a score I'd consider "good".  I think I prefer the 5 man settings for now though since they make for shorter games and also more quickly "force" you to not just rely on the super spray and strategic suicides to improve.
Well then, there is something you could shoot for that you may not have thought about.   With five men, maybe going for the lock would be a good idea.  At board 35 the game stops counting boards, and turns into a lock(Well at least I think of it as a lock).  That would be a score that's a little over 600k.  Whatever the score you are looking for, I wish you luck.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard