Author Topic: My song of the day  (Read 5124 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
My song of the day
« on: June 24, 2021, 07:01:35 pm »
I believe I have pretty good taste in music. So I am offering an alternative song of the day who don't necessarily like the other song of the day.
First up Spacehog-In the meantime 1994
One of the better bass riffs for a song
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: My song of the day
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 01:56:56 am »
Day 2: Jane's Addiction-Jane Says
While I don't really care for any other music this band has produced they really hit it out of the park with this one.
At the time this didn't get much air play because it simply wasn't radio friendly since it is a song dealing with a person's heroin addiction. 
But the song eventually did make it to radio decades later simply because it's an amazing song.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 03:18:30 am »
For today I present my favorite Radiohead song. Kid A.
This song is the highlight of how experimental they could go. The song is otherworldly.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 03:22:35 am »
Since I missed the song of the day yesterday I present my favorite LCD Soundsystem song.  This song represents the struggles of a marriage, and the cliche of the husband not wanting his wife to change, and the wife changing and wanting her husband to change along with her.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 06:52:07 am »
My favorite Darwin Deez song.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 05:02:10 am »
Metallica's One. Yeah it's a popular song to this day, but that's because it's a great song.
This was a hungry band on top of their game.
Unfortunately they sort of slowly went downhill after this.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 05:52:20 am »
Presenting the best music video you haven't seen.
Grizzly Bear Gun Shy

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard