Author Topic: My 2021 Classic Video Game Hall of Fame  (Read 3083 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
My 2021 Classic Video Game Hall of Fame
« on: January 12, 2021, 01:28:55 pm »
Ok, for 2021 I decided to go a different direction this year.  I decided to focus on the legendary programmers/designers of these great arcade games.  Warning, my knowledge of programmers isn't that great.

Shigeru Myamoto:  He created the Nintendo Arcade universe in the Golden Age of Arcade games.  His work spans four decades.   Such a legend.  He designed Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Junior, Donkey Kong 3, Popeye, Mario Bros.  He even helped create Pac-man.

Eugene Jarvis:  Williams wouldn't be Williams without this genius programmer.  He created these amazing Arcade games,  Robotron 2084, Defender, Smash TV, Stargate, Cruis'n USA, Cruis'n World

Takshi Nishiyama:  Created Moon Patrol, and Kung Fu Master.  Totally love these games

Toru Iwatani: Designer for two epic Arcade games Pac-man, and Pole Position.  That's good enough for me.

Tomohiro Nishikado:  Designed Space Invaders.  Although only known for one really popular game, this game started off the Golden age of arcade gaming.  So I had to include him.

Ed Logg: He created Gauntlet, Gauntlet II, codesigned Centipede, codesigned Asteroids, and designed Millipede, and designed Super Breakout

Players from the past that were elected,

Donald Hayes
Billy Mitchell*
Matt Hall
Dwayne Richard
Todd Rogers*

*Both Todd Rogers, and Billy Mitchell were kicked out of Twin Galaxies after they were put in my personal Hall of Fame.

Martin Bedard
Tom Votava
John McCallister

Dean Saglio

Mark Kheil
Tim Sczerby
Robbie Lakeman
Wes Copeland
Phil Tudose
Andrew Barrow
Steve Wiebe

"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Rev John

• Awards
Re: My 2021 Classic Video Game Hall of Fame
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 10:18:32 pm »
At some point I reckon you should include that George fella who has been the DK3 king for as long as I can remember
DK PB: 219,500 (MAME 7/10/19)
CK (RU): 140,200 (27/3/2018)
First person to score 500,000+ points on Atari 2600 Berzerk
Member for 6 Years

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
Re: My 2021 Classic Video Game Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 06:07:11 am »
I was really hoping Ed Logg was the guy who developed Logger
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer