Author Topic: DKJr has become a top 5 competitive Arcade/MAME game  (Read 4030 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
DKJr has become a top 5 competitive Arcade/MAME game
« on: August 23, 2020, 05:27:44 pm »
Flashback to the beginning of 2009. Yes, Donkey Kong Jr was a competitive game, but the competition revolved around Ike Hall and Steve Wiebe. You also had Donald Hayes, but after that, this was it, and there were no 1.2 million scores, and Wiebe was the only 1.1 million score.
Flash Forward to today and a 1.1 million score won't even net you a top 10 score.
Back in 2009 Ms Pacman, Galaxian, Centipede, Dig Dug, Pac Man, Galaga, Berserk, and Frogger were way more competitive.
But with the exception of Galaga of the games I listed, I believe the competition of DKJr exceeds them all.  It's far easier to get a top ten score in those games. And while the record has changed hands at least 7 times, a lot of those games have had the record change hands less than 5 times since 2009.
So there I said it. Competitively speaking DKJr is now a top 5 game.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: DKJr has become a top 5 competitive Arcade/MAME game
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 07:49:32 pm »
jr is on fire right now!
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder