Author Topic: Better Late than Never  (Read 19790 times)

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Re: Better Late than Never
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2014, 06:57:24 am »
I had never thought about that Dean, but it does make a lot of sense; basically you can gain 2 vertical pixels (⌂Y) over the course of a "broad jump"so you'd want to, ideally, get one of the pixels at the beginning of the jump (allowing a later departure) and the other at the end of the jump (around the left edge of the last trailing barrel).  I would say that I have NOT been actively jumping from spots that are "conducive" to this effect, perhaps even larger jumps are possible.  So, essentially any up-hill running jump is going to gain a minimum of 1 vertical pixel, I'd imagine (no knowledge on debug) that statistically speaking, a 2 pixel jump is less common.

Dave, I remembered reading that barrel speeds were consistent, but I had often wondered if the slopes of the girders changed, thanks for that clarification.

I am adding another 2 videos; large jump(s) 4 and large jump 5.  I think that large jump 5 may be the largest yet, although there were fewer barrels, it looks like jump 5 only had a  ⌂Y + 1, implying there is potentially a bit more room.

Large Jump(s) 4 http://www.twitch.tv/f_symbols/c/3522830

Large Jump 5 http://www.twitch.tv/f_symbols/c/3522859

EDIT:  I just noticed that at the end of "large jump 5" (last jump) there is a good example of a ⌂Y+2.  Also, I've added a photo from just prior to takeoff.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 02:58:42 pm by f_symbols »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2014, 03:53:23 pm »
During a fit of spastic rage, following a death on 2-1  ::) , I discovered (accidentally) that you can do a 2x100 on the Blue Barrel.  I'm not sure if it is applicable for later levels, but it was a pleasant accident. 

http://www.twitch.tv/f_symbols/c/3892457
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2014, 03:58:14 pm »
wow spastic grub hype. love it
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2014, 05:55:24 pm »

During a fit of spastic rage, following a death on 2-1  ::) , I discovered (accidentally) that you can do a 2x100 on the Blue Barrel.  I'm not sure if it is applicable for later levels, but it was a pleasant accident. 

Nice.  Meanwhile, I'm still trying to figure out an item from your signature:

dk wreckerds: 3 jumps, 1 barrel, 1100₧

Can you help me understand that one?

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2014, 06:35:39 pm »

Nice.  Meanwhile, I'm still trying to figure out an item from your signature:

dk wreckerds: 3 jumps, 1 barrel, 1100₧

Can you help me understand that one?

No problem Scott. 

It was on 1-1 near the bottom hammer; I had two fireballs to my right and an approaching barrel from the left, I got a 500 pt leach while jumping from right to left over the barrel and the 2 fireballs gave chase, they were nearly "frozen together" but not quite overlapping and I managed to get two 300pt jumps while heading left.  The 3 jumps were back to back to back, as soon as I hit the ground.  Ultimately I got hit by a barrel coming down the long ladder from the 3rd girder (avoidable).   It's in one of my past broadcasts somewhere, but I never highlighted it and finding it at this point would be a nightmare.  FailFish

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2014, 12:49:01 pm »
Awesome, Ethan! I'm adding that move into my 2-1 repertoire from now on!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2014, 01:54:30 pm »
Awesome, Ethan! I'm adding that move into my 2-1 repertoire from now on!
You should add a kill screen to that as well   <Allen>

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2014, 02:00:28 pm »
No need for a KS without first having a huge game to end it with.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2014, 10:46:38 pm »
Little bit o' hitbox hype

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2014, 09:29:11 am »