Author Topic: The 4 main Kong records at the beginning of the decade and how they did  (Read 1872 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Since we are closing on a decade and a few days I thought it would be interesting to see how each record did. I am including MAME with Arcade in this list as I don't see much of a difference.

At the beginning of 2010 the Donkey Kong record was held by Steve Wiebe with a score of 1,049,100.  That same score would be in 26th place today if Steve Wiebe had never upped his score.  Of course the record rose an amazing 209,900 points, and the game play style today looks completely different.

The Donkey Kong Junior record of 1,147,800 was held by Mark Kiehl at the beginning of 2010.  Had Mark not upped his score, the score would now be in 8th place  Now the score has improved by 264,400 to 1,412,200.  This is the only score that is still held by the same person.

For Donkey Kong 3, I decided to make reference to two different scores.  The default easy marathon settings record, and the Difficulty 3 hard marathon record.
In the beginning of 2010 the record for easy default marathon settings was 3,061,700 and was held by teign (This person might be Lloyd Bromola).  The score now stands in 6th place.  In the beginning of 2010 Dwayne Richard had the record with a score of 2,538,000.  That score is now in 3rd place

For Crazy Kong Ben Jos Walbeehm had the record at 638,700.  That score now is in 8th place as the score has improved a remarkable 172,900, and the record holder is now Phil Tudose at 811,600

Each and every game has had amazing participation when it comes to competition.  Each game has had an amazing jump in score.  Unless something super drastic happens I don't foresee ANY current Kong record score being outside the top by the end of the 20s, which is saying something since all the major Kong scores except for Donkey Kong 3 hard are outside the top 5 for this decade.  One prediction.  Both Dwayne's and Teign's scores will be outside the top 10 by the end of the 20s.

Just wanted to post this because of the great advancement in scores in just this decade.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener