Author Topic: A great reason to be decent at a lot of Arcade/ MAME games  (Read 2819 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
A great reason to be decent at a lot of Arcade/ MAME games
« on: August 03, 2019, 08:11:20 pm »
When you become decent at a lot of games you get a better understanding of how great a high score is on these games.
It sort of gives you an appreciation for that person's score that you normally wouldn't have.
 So as I have branched out feel that my understanding is better.
Recently I got 26k in Elevator Action.  Not a great score by any stretch of the imagination, but my understanding of how difficult 150k is, is greatly increased.  It's basically all out warfare for the last seven floors for every building.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline NWnike

• Awards
Re: A great reason to be decent at a lot of Arcade/ MAME games
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 09:31:54 pm »
Homer, were you in YOLO?
Member for 5 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 07:45:32 am »
Long haul trucking didn't really allow it.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline NWnike

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 03:07:07 pm »
Oh, ok, I just asked because it was one of the games in the tournament. 26,000 would have put in 25th out of 43 entries.
Member for 5 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer