Author Topic: Monsta's Slow Journey  (Read 12103 times)

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
Re: Monsta's Slow Journey
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 03:10:03 pm »
Unfortunately the last few days I have been playing dk on time constraints, probably not the best way to go but it has made me change my style a bit more. Now I'm mostly running level 1 and 2 with no hammers, and running lvl3 barrels with no hammers.
My main reason for this is to save time, but I think it had improved my barrel awareness a little.
I believe I have a higher chance of beating my PB by doing this because I get games that get to lvl 5 with only 1 death or less a lot more regularly. On I side note this style has has seemed to mess with the Pauline programme, the last couple of games playing like this after lvl 5 is done its giving me a pace of about 1.3 million, now either I rule at this game or something is up. I'm going with the second  option.
Hopefully ill get a couple of games in today but its not looking good
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 04:04:20 pm »
On I side note this style has has seemed to mess with the Pauline programme, the last couple of games playing like this after lvl 5 is done its giving me a pace of about 1.3 million, now either I rule at this game or something is up. I'm going with the second  option.

1.3 million?  Nice!  Don't sell yourself short, perhaps you do rule at this game.   ;)

When I complete Level 5 after just running boards, Pauline displays the text "Haha, don't ask" where the pace calculation should go.  Completely uncalled for.  Talk about adding insult to injury.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:10:35 pm by stella_blue »
DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2013, 10:21:46 pm »
SO ive been a bit quiet here,
First of fixed the problem with Pauline, It seemed to be that xsplit was running on the nvidia card andmame was running on the onboard video. i changed them to both run on the same and it was fine.
I've been having a bit of a hard time with DK lately lots of silly errors, but to day while watching Danman play and he had joystick issues, made me think ill pull out the R4 fighting Stick i bought about 6 months ago and see what i can do,
The main problem with this was a Square gate and no other option so it made 4 way games difficult but fine on 8 way games. I opened it up and this time in about 3 seconds realised that i could just flip it over and in effect would have a diamond gate, making it 4 way.
This worked and i started playing some Dk.
First game Got 290000 on level 9 again but better pace, i new i would beat my PB before i got to lvl 10 but level 10 is my aim and score doesn't matter.
After a few false starts i got a game going with decent pace,  1st death on level 7, i was thinking this could be the game, but this time i didnt seem to get nervous at all like I usually do, played through to 9-2 where i had my second death had 4 fireballs on the bottom conveyer in about 8 seconds, and died a little later. then on the following springs i went on a bad spring and that was that. Last life 3 screens to go, i had to calm down and not rush, made it past the screen and started saying 1 screen to go, well i messed that up there was 2, Although I already had a PB by here i didn't care i just wanted to see LVL 10 for the first time. made the barrels and on the rivets had a little problem but got through it, I was happy LVL 10 for the first time,
I ended up finish 10 and dying on 11-2 to a mistimed jump, bad death but all in all a good Game and im happy with it.
Final score 379800
and the link
http://www.twitch.tv/monstabonza/c/2393486

So after this and thinking I believe i know why i had troubles the last few times, i have been jumping between cab and keyboard too much, if i stick to just the arcade controls from now i should be able to get some more consistency
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 04:17:22 pm »
ok, A quick overview.
the WC rematch for me kinda sucked, it had nothing to do with the late start or the extended time or anything, Basically first of all in the week leading up i was having A lot of trouble getting anywhere in the game, after about 3 days i figured that the joystick I was using was messing up, So after switching back to keyboard i noticed MAME was lagging a lot, i was not sure why and it got worse and worse until the computer just locked up, 1 day before the WC rematch, It became a mad rush to get something setup for the weekend, i managed to get about a 6 hour window to play and did alright considering the circumstances. It would have been nice to beat my score in the previous WC but there is always next time :)
The addition of time i'm not going to complain about but just say for me personally I don't think it had any effect on it. It was just bad luck,  I found out it was starting on Saturday here, I told the boss ill be in Monday i don't need it off anymore, that's why I wasn't playing in the end.

Anyway, Put the computer in on Monday just got it back had a dodgy hard drive in it i'm told. Its running faster than it ever did and i'm in the process of getting everything installed back on it now. I should be up and streaming n the next 2 hours and we'll see how I go, Haven't played any Dk sine the WC only played  little Dig Dug 2 and some Mr DO!, both of which are games i'm starting to like.
Ok that's enough of that, See Ya'll in Twitch

Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 05:13:03 pm »
I was wondering why I hadn't seen you around in awhile.  ;D Look forward to seeing you over at Twitch. Get that PB!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 07:53:38 pm »
Her is the pics of the beer/coffee mugs

And he says
"Prices will be $10 each for coffee mugs and $15 each for large beer mugs (plus P&H). Will offer discounts for bulk orders but please PM me."
Ill ask him about DkF mugs.
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 10:20:36 pm »
So finally put some time into the cab building,
Photos on fb an ill post some to the thread when I get home.
A big thanks to all who helped me out with measurements
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 01:00:15 pm »
4 months time for an update,
So I'm back again, had more pc issues and ended up getting all boards replaced so that's is good and it running smoother than ever.
Still having problems with wolf106 and samples but I may have it worked out now with a 9k sample set and changing priorities.
I am stuck on keyboard controls as the setup I had before went in a mame machine so that's that until I get a Ipac or something similar
After this break I have had I am keen again to play some kong so that is a good thing, I was getting a little board of the constant deaths and a break had been good although haven't cracked 250k yet in sure it's coming,
I have taken up playing some crazy kong of late, for two main reasons, the first being the I have a crazy kong bootleg of some description laying around and though I should learn the game so I can pick the differences between the games.
And second and more importantly I am using this game to practice playing long sessions, I always found my mind wondering after about 30min if constant play, with crazy I have been able to practice past this timeframe so it has been good.
Do 4 days into ck and I'm at 481400 lvl 19-1 was disappointed but ran my last life from lvl 9 to 19 so that is a positive,
Hope to get a ks on this as it will be my first buy who knows what will happen.

Now congrats to all the people who have got there first ks ot new pb  the last few months,good work.
And even bigger congrats to the guys who upped their pb's an knocked me out of the top 100,
I've Got something realistic to aim for for a while;)
Enjoy the kong off all that are going, ill be their in spirit ;)
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2014, 11:36:29 pm »
So i download Super Glob Pacman hardware German edition yesterday.
not such a great game and kinda easy i think but any way.
And Sorry Fruity :(

Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2014, 09:04:36 pm »
Ok,
Here is the visual studio solution for the ck pace calc i am working on,
It has a few bugs and I can get the datagridview to work on the second form.
It requires manual input at the moment, numberpad for entering score, backspace to clear it
enter button for finished level, and shift key for a death.
It can also export all level scores, death scores and end of level pace calculations to a .csv file
for easy import to Excel.

anyway Wes, help me out.
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =