Author Topic: Billy Mitchell Scores Perfect Game of Pac Man Live at Funspot!!!!  (Read 4365 times)

lakeman421

20 years after <Billy> made the journey to Funspot to complete the quest for the first ever official perfect score of Pac Man, he decided to make the journey once again to repeat the accomplishment. On the anniversary day of July 3rd, we started with a celebration for Bob Lawton for everything that he has done for gaming, and for its  competitors.  <Billy> presented Bob with a  <Walter> award for his contributions, and in attendance were Bob’s family members, and even the mayor of Laconia. The employees of Funspot, and ACAM were great to us the whole week, and were nice enough to set up a barrier around  <Billy> In the party room. The first day,  <Billy> Got into a groove, but wasn’t able to get a serious  game going. The second day, he had a great shot at it, but ran into trouble when he took a bad turn. The downside of playing live at an arcade is that you have a deadline to drop a credit to be able to finish within their hours, so he decided to finish for a split screen 90 points shy of the perfect game. I could tell the rest of the night he was frustrated about dying, but bounced back like the champion he his, and got the job done the next day. He had an event to go to in Indy on Saturday, so I doubt he really got any sleep last night. We had some spectators, some fans, and even a heckler showing their support along with the 600-700 viewers on Twitch towards the end of the perfect run. I also wanted to take the time to thank all of you who participated in this historic event at my home arcade. I was happy to help  <Billy> setup, and provide commentary for his stream. It was an honor to be there next to him when he finished the game, and wanted to thank all of you who supported the event on his twitch channel with your viewership all week.  <pacman> <blinky>
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 05:41:25 pm by lakeman421 »

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Billy Mitchell Scores Perfect Game of Pac Man Live at Funspot!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 05:47:49 pm »
Hmm, maybe you should go for a perfect Pac Man?  My guess is it wouldn't take you that long given you are a dynamo at Super Pac Man.

So yeah, go for it Robbie! :)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 07:43:25 pm »
Hmm, maybe you should go for a perfect Pac Man?  My guess is it wouldn't take you that long given you are a dynamo at Super Pac Man.

So yeah, go for it Robbie! :)

thank you Robbie lit When WR lo
59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 07:57:53 pm »
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 08:02:44 pm »
dadfkk
59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline colecomeister

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 09:42:49 pm »
It was an entertaining event, glad that I could check out the stream on day 2 and 3. I missed the ceremony - no doubt that Bob Lawton is a legend, hosting the International Classic Video Game Tournament for a number of years and keeping the "arcade flame" alive for gamers everywhere when on-location classics basically disappeared before the emergence of the "barcade" model and its derivatives. Hope to head down there this November.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 09:47:04 pm by colecomeister »
Member for 6 Years

Offline Mitch Mitchell

• Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 08:34:57 am »
It was awesome to see a Perfect Pac go down, and Billy's work ethic too, he put in something like 10-11hrs each day until he got it. Very cool you helped him make it happen Robbie with the ride and stream and "Go Right," reminder to help him stay focused for all those boards.
Doing what he did for Bob was amazing, he has helped shape my childhood.
Epic stuff.
VS Duck Hunt - 3,502,900
DK - 985,400
Member for 6 Years Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline ersatz_cats

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 12:29:13 pm »
In an historic video game achievement that will be remembered for years, Billy Mitchell has gone several hours without cheating once. How does the man do it? Truly remarkable.
Member for 6 Years

Offline domchimp

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 05:19:47 am »
Was great to be able to be there and watch this, Robbie.  Not sure who was happier when it was finally over - you or Billy!  Thanks for the introduction and see you at the FS soon I am sure.
Member for 10 Years