Author Topic: CAG tourneys as fantasy leagues of sorts  (Read 3285 times)

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
CAG tourneys as fantasy leagues of sorts
« on: March 25, 2019, 08:52:46 am »
The fantasy sports geek in me has been thinking about this.  It would be interesting to run Yolympics or a similar event like a dynasty league in fantasy baseball/football, etc.  It would require keeping the same 4 or more captains, which could be tricky but each player registered is assigned a dollar value, each team captain has a salary cap they cannot go over.  Initial draft players can be retained for x number of tournaments after which point they become automatic free agents/re-draftable.  ie) if BBH is due to become a FA one tourney from now, a team might strategize to clear out cap room, etc.  Teams get FA priority in reverse order of last year's tournament finish.  But it could be possible a last place team is still stuck in salary cap hell.  Captains will have to balance winning/going for it vs the cap.

Player salaries can fluctuate based on past performance.  For example, going into this last Yolympics, Pearl might have had a salary x based on no previous Yolympics history, after the tournament in which he had a very strong showing that number should climb by some formula related to total individual points (as well as maybe some less tangible stuff like team performance, etc).

When player salaries escalate, the captain could opt to release/trade them for cap relief in an attempt to draft new, cheaper but potentially very good players with no previous tourney history.  Again, this means player user names couldn't fluctuate either in order to prevent circumventing the cap system.

I don't know, lots of fun possibilities to keep this great event fresh and exciting and make Barra work for it!  Would be cool to see the first (that I'm aware of) of this type of implementation into CAG.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 08:59:27 am by TheSunshineFund »
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: CAG tourneys as fantasy leagues of sorts
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 10:46:12 am »
Interesting...... I like this idea
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 11:04:32 am »
Interesting...... I like this idea

Wait a second...you understood that shit?

It made me want to go back to studying differential equations.
Member for 10 Years

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 11:13:11 am »
It made me want to go back to studying differential equations.

I did not enjoy that class.  Fantasy sports are much better.
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline wolfman24

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 11:19:31 am »
trying to make this a reality I guess I will put anime on hold for a few days  ROFL
barra on hearing wolf for the 1st time  "wolf is a child and that is a man talking"

Barra [11|Jul 04:57 PM] Barra: I'll be happy with whatever wolf decides, but will still do my fair share of whinging
Member for 9 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 11:22:40 am »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooo

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 11:27:48 am »
The only sport where recovering from surgery increases your performance by allowing for grind time.
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer