Author Topic: Walter Day's 70th Birthday Party in Banning 5/18/19  (Read 2835 times)

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
Walter Day's 70th Birthday Party in Banning 5/18/19
« on: March 24, 2019, 08:36:33 am »
I'm not as good at this as Paul Dean, so I'll just link to his informational posts on the subject:

http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/forums/index.php/topic,7220.msg78900/topicseen.html#msg78900

Walter is a person that I have a lot of love for, because of the devotion he has given in his lifetime to these games that I have such affection for. I'd like to do something for him personally, but I'm not sure what yet.

I know that there is conflict between DKF and Billy Mitchell, and that Walter is close to Billy, but maybe that is all the more reason it would be classy for the DKF community to do something together to recognize Walter on his 70th birthday.

Any ideas out there?
Member for 10 Years

Offline johnbart

• Awards
Re: Walter Day's 70th Birthday Party in Banning 5/18/19
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 09:53:01 am »
 <Walter> is a flawed human just like the rest of us but as a whole he's been a positive influence on the hobby regardless of where he stands on  <Billy>

If there were to be a gift fund from DKF to get something for him I would pitch in.

Also you now need a forum sig along on the lines of "Paul Dean of DKF" or "The new Paul Dean". I just hope no one turns into the  <Pigger> of DKF.
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 10:15:00 am »

This message pending moderator approval.

<Pigger>
Member for 10 Years

Offline wolfman24

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 11:14:30 am »
could get  <Walter><Billy> approved tie
barra on hearing wolf for the 1st time  "wolf is a child and that is a man talking"

Barra [11|Jul 04:57 PM] Barra: I'll be happy with whatever wolf decides, but will still do my fair share of whinging
Member for 9 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline colecomeister

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 11:29:49 am »
One idea - you could gather up any contributions from DKF members, and then use the funds to make a donation to the IVGHOF on behalf/in honour of Walter. Or if there's a charity that Walter is passionate about, that's an option as well.
Member for 6 Years