Author Topic: Dai San Wakusei Meteor Challenge and Bounty  (Read 2801 times)

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
Dai San Wakusei Meteor Challenge and Bounty
« on: January 26, 2019, 01:38:44 pm »
I recently ran across a game first included in MAME in recent years called Dai San Wakusei Meteor. What was immediately intriguing to me is the similarity in basic game play mechanics between it and Centipede, although it pre-dates Centipede.

For the player to score the highest on Dai San Wakusei Meteor between now and Sunday February 3, 2019 at 2300 hours US Central Standard Time I have a t-shirt:

Post .inp files to this thread. You must use WolfMAME .199. Use MAME default settings. The inp file must play back for myself or someone that I trust. I reserve the right to invoke a one-hour time limit if players can play too long.

Additionally for the first player to complete War 8 (what they call the waves) by February 28, 2019, I will offer a $100 (usd) bounty.

For the monetary bounty, you must stream the performance live on Twitch, and at the time of the performance must be listed in the forum's Twitch streamer list, administrated in this thread, so that we can see when you are playing. Afterwards you will need to save a video of the game on Twitch and attach the inp file here.

Again, I'm not going to lie to you. It's not a great game. Certainly no Centipede.
Member for 10 Years

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
Re: Dai San Wakusei Meteor Challenge and Bounty
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 09:12:08 pm »
Okay, I keep the t-shirt.   Kreygasm

Maybe some random nights I'll increase the bounty for completing War 8, just for that night. See if that motivates anybody to play.
Member for 10 Years

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 02:00:35 pm »
Maybe some random nights I'll increase the bounty for completing War 8, just for that night. See if that motivates anybody to play.

Like tonight. If anybody claims the bounty before midnight tonight Central Standard Time, I'll up the reward to $500 (usd). Payment by Paypal only, which I forgot to announce in the original post.
Member for 10 Years

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 03:38:58 pm »
And....I keep the money, too.   Kreygasm
Member for 10 Years

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 03:56:08 pm »
If it's any consolation, I was aware of/interested in this, but was too focused on Yolympics to give it a shot.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer