Author Topic: Donkey Kong High Score List General Discussion  (Read 324241 times)

Offline stella_blue

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong High Score List
« Reply #465 on: July 01, 2013, 01:56:55 pm »

Hey Jason, if you have trouble loading the save state, try the following:

Make sure you're using MAME Version 0.106

If you're using the MAME front end GUI, select the "Play Donkey Kong [US set 1]" menu option, and press function key F7 to load a save state.  If you're using the "Play and Record Input..." option instead, F7 will have no effect.

If you want to load a save state AND record, you'll have to use the command line approach.  I created a simple batch file that navigates to my MAME folder, and then executes this command:

mamep106-vc dkong -state e -record dk_elevators  (of course, you can replace "dk_elevators" with an output filename of your own choosing)

Playback of your recorded file also requires the command line route.  In my previous example, the command becomes:

mamep106-vc dkong -state e -playback dk_elevators

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #466 on: July 02, 2013, 12:49:16 am »
Awesome work, Jason. :) You will be hitting 300K soon. Keep up the good work. Yes, feel free to update us on your progress. We are behind you 100%!

corey.chambers

« Reply #467 on: July 02, 2013, 01:04:46 am »
Adam, I have updated your score. Sorry it took so long. I have been focusing on the Barrel Training Video which should be done by the end of this week if I can keep hammering away, lol. Great game. 600K just around the corner. I liked the notepad Read Me file you put in your zip folder with all the information. Very neat and organized! :)

corey.chambers

« Reply #468 on: July 02, 2013, 10:58:25 am »
Question: I was just talking to someone about this. Someone could simply take an inp from a friend who really doesn't care and use it as there own and submit it to MARP. Unfortunate as this may be. I was reading in the TG rules and they mentioned that it is either ideal or required for the video to show the person playing. I started doing this every stream so you can see me playing, and even better if the controls can be seen as well in that image. This is not a new requirement for Twitch rules for the HSL, but I wanted to raise the question if this could be more than just ideal one day. I know that not everyone shows them self on their stream, but some people do. Does this add credibility that it is the person who says they are. I mean I just need to share my stream key with Vincent and have him bust out a crappy looking one million game, lol. Just some thoughts. I would like to get some discussion going if at all possible. 

Drunkguy89

« Reply #469 on: July 02, 2013, 11:08:18 am »
Adam, I have updated your score. Sorry it took so long. I have been focusing on the Barrel Training Video which should be done by the end of this week if I can keep hammering away, lol. Great game. 600K just around the corner. I liked the notepad Read Me file you put in your zip folder with all the information. Very neat and organized! :)

Not at all Corey, I understand its a time consuming process, plus on top of everything else you're doing, so a big thank you :) really appreciate it, and yeah cheers, after lvl 5 its just a test of endurance for me now, I know its the safest way to play and their's nothing fancy about just runnin the boards but its yielding results and I'll take that any day of the week ;)

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #470 on: July 02, 2013, 11:14:06 am »
The TG recording rules ask that you show yourself at the beginning, or at least talk now and then during the game to prove it is you playing.  You also have to say your name, and a bunch of other stuff into the camera after you've completed your game.

After my 1M game, I made sure to show my face on camera...and since I was streaming I was talking a lot throughout the game.  You can also see my reflection faintly in the screen bezel the whole game as proof.

So yea, I agree with your concerns.  It's definitely much easier to fake a game or cheat via MAME than arcade. 
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

cheetah33p

« Reply #471 on: July 02, 2013, 08:52:22 pm »
Here is my brand new DK personal high score up to date now!  :-).  258,000!  :-). 

corey.chambers

« Reply #472 on: July 02, 2013, 09:33:55 pm »
Updated a score for Jason Corey Brittain. Nice work! You will hit 300K soon. Keep working on those Springs.

I heard that Kayla got a new high score of 304,200. Nice Job Kayla! I am just waiting for a Twitch highlight link and it will get updated soon I hope.

KaylaFX

« Reply #473 on: July 03, 2013, 03:52:05 am »
yes!!! awesome bday gift!!!
Still trying to break my high score of 345k
*soon enough...
:))) 8) :-* ;)

http://www.twitch.tv/kayla_illfx/c/2515294
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 06:32:36 pm by JCHarrist »

corey.chambers

« Reply #474 on: July 03, 2013, 07:33:16 am »
Kayla, your highlight has now been updated on the list. 400K soon!

Offline Shane_NC

• Awards
« Reply #475 on: July 03, 2013, 05:38:27 pm »
I just want to say beforehand that I am not singling anyone out.

I honestly think Microphones should be a requirment when streaming on twitch. Being able to hear you hitting the buttons in sync with the video lends much more credibility than a score done without a mic. For all anyone knows this could be a INP. and replayed.

First of all watching a stream with no mic is lame to begin with.

I dont know how everyone else feels about this, but its REALLY been bothering me for some time now. All my scores both on mame and arcade have ALWAYS had a microphone. It not only helps me interact with my viewers, but also lends way more credibility to my games imo.

HIGH SCORES:
Donkey Kong Arcade: 865,900 22-1 KS
1-1: 11,300
Donkey Kong Junior MAME: 599,300 22-1 KS
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

SQUIIDUX

« Reply #476 on: July 03, 2013, 06:17:04 pm »
http://www.twitch.tv/squidux/c/2519668
Dustin Pease
July 3rd, 2013
Filename: PEASE_330200_20130703_202100.zip

Thanks!
-Dustin

corey.chambers

« Reply #477 on: July 03, 2013, 06:32:25 pm »
It is hard to make some things a requirement but until further discussion I have added the following wording to the criteria: "It is highly recommended that any streaming, whether Arcade or MAME, show the player who is playing the game, are encouraged to have audio available with a mic so we can hear the player and game inputs, shows the controls being used, and parts of the Cabinet if you are new to the community."

EDIT: I would encourage everyone to create as much evidence as possible for your scores and make it fun for people to watch your streams for crying out loud... we want to hear you swear and throw stuff. Be more like Allen would ya? lol
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 06:35:13 pm by corey.chambers »

Offline stella_blue

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #478 on: July 03, 2013, 06:39:20 pm »
http://www.twitch.tv/squidux/c/2519668
Dustin Pease
July 3rd, 2013
Filename: PEASE_330200_20130703_202100.zip

Thanks!
-Dustin

You're making fast work of this, Dustin.  Onward to 400K, and who knows where else?

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #479 on: July 04, 2013, 08:42:16 pm »
Ok....so.... about that "Robbie Rule".....GO!!!:
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer