Author Topic: Donkey Kong High Score List General Discussion  (Read 324288 times)

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong High Score List
« Reply #450 on: June 27, 2013, 11:42:33 pm »
Oh man, I just realized that I actually have the lowest-scoring verified kill screen on this list!

I guess that's kind of appropriate, given my affection for running boards and gleefully dumping points (I am the anti-Dean), but it's still kind of embarrassing.

Maybe I SHOULD upload one of my 890K kill screens...

Nah.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Drunkguy89

« Reply #451 on: June 30, 2013, 02:08:17 pm »
Hi-Score Submission (Adam Mon), let me know if I left anything out, Thanks Corey :) Inp and wlf attached along with twitch link.

cheetah33p

« Reply #452 on: June 30, 2013, 11:44:15 pm »
Does my new high score make the list yet with 209,100 I just got a few minutes ago!  :-).  It is posted that 200,000 minimum to make the list right!  So does my score make it now!  :-). 

Oh man, I just realized that I actually have the lowest-scoring verified kill screen on this list!

I guess that's kind of appropriate, given my affection for running boards and gleefully dumping points (I am the anti-Dean), but it's still kind of embarrassing.

Maybe I SHOULD upload one of my 890K kill screens...

Nah.

cheetah33p

« Reply #453 on: June 30, 2013, 11:54:50 pm »
I would be ranked 61 or 62 on Twin Galaxies for my 209,100 score I just got!  :-). 

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:28:54 am by JCHarrist »

corey.chambers

« Reply #454 on: July 01, 2013, 12:53:22 am »
Jason, do you have the inp and wlf files for your recent game? Adam I will update your score soon.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #455 on: July 01, 2013, 04:45:11 am »
Jason, do you have the inp and wlf files for your recent game? Adam I will update your score soon.

I never understood why you would post I'll get to your score soon when it would probably take just as long to actually update the score along with the file as it would to make your two sentence post.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

cheetah33p

« Reply #456 on: July 01, 2013, 07:16:39 am »
I just have my video under my highlight under my twitch account since I recorded my game on there.  My stream is http://www.twitch.tv/cheetah30p.  Thats my link!  I was never told that I had to do anything else like an inp file or anything like that!  I'm not sure how to do that either so I could get a score to count then!  :-(.  I was hoping my video would just work on my twitch! 

cheetah33p

« Reply #457 on: July 01, 2013, 07:39:40 am »
I'm gonna try to do an inp of a new game when i get over my 200,000 again and try sending one in to see if it works!  Thats so disappointing for me if my 209,100 game doesn't count now since I didn't know that I had to do an inp of my game.  Nobody of my DK friends told me that I had to do that!  :-(.  I was just told just to play on twitch and it would do an automatic recording for me and that everyone could see it!  Thats all I was told!  When I seen the high score list saying that 200,000 was minimum to make the list, I was so happy since I finally broke my first ever 200,000 game!  :-). 

cheetah33p

« Reply #458 on: July 01, 2013, 08:15:09 am »
Here is the link to my 209,100 game!  This is the best I can do right now!  I'll have to keep remembering from now on then that I will have to submit an inp file from now on to get a score verified.  But here is the link just in case it can still count since I recorded it on Twitch. 

http://www.twitch.tv/cheetah30p/c/2504166

I hope this still counts hopefully so I can have my name on a list once in my life!  :-). 

corey.chambers

« Reply #459 on: July 01, 2013, 08:20:33 am »
George, I usually glance at the responses briefly and make quick comments. In order to update a score on the list I have to do it in my excel spreadsheet. I have to get the link on Twitch put in right, I have to adjust all the rank changes due to the update of the score, I have to add the inp link as well as change the position of the text and the text itself. This is an example of what the text looks like for a typical MAME inp score update. This is the complete text line for a single score. See attached file. Thanks for asking.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:23:11 am by corey.chambers »

corey.chambers

« Reply #460 on: July 01, 2013, 08:30:55 am »
Jason, yeah, at one time I did not require the inp and wlf files but I have since made the change to the rules in order to address a potential problem concerning streaming MAME games. Sorry that you were not personally updated or missed the posts I have made. I would recommend that everyone read through the criteria which is at the top of the list. And always record your INP. I also made recent posts to let people know. I also made sure that I posted it in a few different places as well, such as the shoutbox and in the WCR #3 threads. I said this recently: "Requiring people to post the zip folder containing the .inp and .wlf files allows me to verify the checksum and speed of emulation. It also requires the player to Play and Record which will automatically disallow pausing, so this will never be an issue. If someone is recording and had used cheats (if there are any for DK) then the input will not play back for me at all. This will also help with the concern of people trying to stream a MAME game that looks real through software and save-states which had been mentioned at one time. Requiring the inp and wlf files will eliminate this streaming issue. Having the files adds evidence to the list which I will hyperlink as INP in the source category. If anyone has their .inp and .wlf files for the game they have on the list, please feel free to put a copy of these into a zip folder and attach it to a post in this thread."

If you can get 200K then rest assured that you will beat that soon. Most of the score changes that I make on the list is updating a person's score under 500K. I have updated Chris's score on the list 4 times now I think.

cheetah33p

« Reply #461 on: July 01, 2013, 08:56:06 am »
So my score won't count then for 209,100 that I got then?  :-(.  Even though my video is on my highlight under my twitch account!  :-(.  Next time I'll do the inp file and everything and try again!  :-(.  Took me long enough to get a good score like that though!  :-(.  Oh well! 

Offline stella_blue

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #462 on: July 01, 2013, 09:33:44 am »
So my score won't count then for 209,100 that I got then?  :-(.  Even though my video is on my highlight under my twitch account!  :-(.  Next time I'll do the inp file and everything and try again!  :-(.  Took me long enough to get a good score like that though!  :-(.  Oh well!

It will be a moot point soon enough, Jason.  During your 209,100 game, 75% of your deaths occurred on the elevator stages.  With a bit of dedicated practice on that particular board, I have no doubt that you will surpass your personal best by at least 100k, within just a few short weeks.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

cheetah33p

« Reply #463 on: July 01, 2013, 09:36:45 am »
Thanks Stella!  Yeah I hope so soon!  Thats where most of my deaths are!  Thats for sure!  I have always had trouble trying to time the springs alot better!  :-(.  My most difficult stage right now in DK!  If I can keep practicing that stage better then I can see no problem increasing my score!  :-).  I'll keep on practicing for sure!  :-). 

Offline stella_blue

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #464 on: July 01, 2013, 09:59:42 am »
I have always had trouble trying to time the springs alot better!  :-(.  My most difficult stage right now in DK!  If I can keep practicing that stage better then I can see no problem increasing my score!  :-).  I'll keep on practicing for sure!  :-).

Save states are an effective way to focus your practice sessions.  I've attached one for Level 5-4 (WolfMAME 0.106).  Place the file in your MAME\sta folder.  If you already have an "e" save state, you'll want to rename the attachment first.

Good luck!

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer