Author Topic: Donkey Kong High Score List General Discussion  (Read 324249 times)

SQUIIDUX

Re: Donkey Kong High Score List
« Reply #390 on: June 10, 2013, 06:01:17 pm »
well that finally clears that up for me. thanks for your patience, i know this was a kind of an off the wall aside but i think it will help with consistency and understanding how to do this outside of a traditional windows environment

ChrisJBenn

« Reply #391 on: June 11, 2013, 04:36:14 am »
Just wanted to see if I could submit this score: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisjbenn/b/415502460

Name is Chris Benn, the date is 06/11/2013 and the score is 158,800.

corey.chambers

« Reply #392 on: June 11, 2013, 07:05:36 am »
Chris, yes, you can certainly submit this score. I can put it on the score list if you want but to be quite honest, after watching your game play and your grasp of the basics I think you will be able to beat this score within a couple days.

ChrisJBenn

« Reply #393 on: June 11, 2013, 08:26:33 am »
Thanks! Yeah, that's the plan. Just making sure I'm able to put my scores up here before I dive in. :)

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #394 on: June 11, 2013, 08:30:22 am »
I see we crossed the 100 entries point....maybe it's been that way for a while. But still pretty cool. This is turning into an awesome list.
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #395 on: June 11, 2013, 08:46:12 am »
Thanks Dave, and thanks to all of you who are posting scores and offering suggestions. Go get 'em Chris!

corey.chambers

« Reply #396 on: June 11, 2013, 04:16:35 pm »
Mark Keihl just updated the evidence for his 1.052K game on youtube. You can now view his entire game! I updated the link on the list. Enjoy! Be sure to Like and Subscribe. :) [noembed]Youtube[/noembed]

SQUIIDUX

« Reply #397 on: June 12, 2013, 09:43:31 am »
Please add my new PB 215100

Dustin Pease
June 12, 2013
http://justin.tv/squiidux/c/2414487

Thanks,
-Dustin

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #398 on: June 12, 2013, 01:30:05 pm »
Good job, Dustin! 8)
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

corey.chambers

« Reply #399 on: June 12, 2013, 11:58:17 pm »
Good Game, Dustin! Shows potential for sure. A few ideas for you to take along with you on your journey, if you care to hear them, who knows could save your life one day, lol.

1) If you know your hammer is about to run out and a barrel is coming, then just stand still and rapidly tap the jump button. One of two things will happen. You will either smash the barrel with the hammer or if the hammer runs out then you will jump in the air and the barrel will run under you. Listen for the rapid tapping on other people's streams, this is why.
2) I don't know if you have seen my Rivet Training Video on my youtube account or not. I have it posted at the top of the high score list. Generally it is not a good idea to leave the top two rivets on the left, try to avoid this because it makes it more difficult in the long run. Especially when you were also grabbing the top hammer and smashing them on the left making them respawn on the right. This makes the final two top right rivets much more difficult.
3) You did well on timing the hammer grab on the top of the barrel stage, waiting for the on-coming barrel to hit kong's ladder, but as soon as you see a wild barrel that comes to the left, just adjust to the left abit and then right again and you should be fine.
4)Definitely don't try jumping over a frozen firefox, lol! :)

I see that you have a firm grasp of a lot of the fundamentals, and shows a lot of promise.

And since when do you have a Donkey Kong cabinet in your laundry room? You will have to show us some time to add a little more verification, showing the board, and the various parts. Shane did that one time and I thought it was a good idea for us to show our machines, more so for the newer players, and for myself who just got a cabinet. I actually assembled mine live so everyone knows exactly what I have. Besides, people love DK cabinets and I am sure they would like to get a look under the hood! Keep the scores coming! :)

SQUIIDUX

« Reply #400 on: June 13, 2013, 03:10:35 am »
Thanks for the advice! i will use this moving forward.

i feel that my biggest issue is that i try to force things.

I will take some pictures today of the machine inside and out. dont mind the mess i havnt clean it since i bought it.

overall im pretty happy with that game. not too bad for a guy that saw king of kong this year and bought my cabinet on presidents day (feb 18 2013)  ::)

it is good to be a part of a great community. i look forward to learning more and meeting more of you. hopefully i can contribute something more. just have to find my niche...

-Dustin

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #401 on: June 13, 2013, 07:38:42 am »
Well played good sir.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

SQUIIDUX

« Reply #402 on: June 13, 2013, 09:37:26 am »
And since when do you have a Donkey Kong cabinet in your laundry room? You will have to show us some time to add a little more verification, showing the board, and the various parts. Shane did that one time and I thought it was a good idea for us to show our machines, more so for the newer players, and for myself who just got a cabinet. I actually assembled mine live so everyone knows exactly what I have. Besides, people love DK cabinets and I am sure they would like to get a look under the hood! Keep the scores coming! :)

As requested. i just took these...

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #403 on: June 13, 2013, 09:58:28 am »
Cool pics!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #404 on: June 13, 2013, 01:35:07 pm »
Nice cab mate, what's with the jump button?
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer