Author Topic: Donkey Kong High Score List General Discussion  (Read 324276 times)

corey.chambers

Re: Donkey Kong High Score List
« Reply #225 on: May 11, 2013, 11:38:56 pm »
Svavar, just out of curiosity which score on the list is yours? Forgive me, I am bad with names.

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #226 on: May 11, 2013, 11:51:35 pm »
Svavar, just out of curiosity which score on the list is yours? Forgive me, I am bad with names.

He's #22. The longest name on the list. ;)
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

corey.chambers

« Reply #227 on: May 11, 2013, 11:56:04 pm »
If I understand it correctly, WCR#2 games had to be fully verified. I am sure that everybody has already been ok with your score, Svavar. :)

corey.chambers

« Reply #228 on: May 12, 2013, 12:44:58 am »
I just updated a score for Melkond DomBourian. Someone shared the link to his 616,300 game on Twitch done on 2/16/2013: http://www.twitch.tv/melkond/c/1938312. Nice game!

corey.chambers

« Reply #229 on: May 12, 2013, 12:55:54 am »
While adding the information I noticed that tyr1ck didn't have a name but I saw that he had a Donkey Kong game streamed on 3/1/13 achieving a score of 660,400. No one has that score on the score list and wanted to get it added. Does anyone know who this is?

Here is the link to the game: http://www.twitch.tv/tyr1ck/b/372771341

Offline Svavar

• Awards
« Reply #230 on: May 12, 2013, 01:30:42 am »
In that case, I would like to point out that my 919,100 score was a kill screen game  :)

http://www.twitch.tv/sneikarmokko/b/378579336
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #231 on: May 12, 2013, 10:23:39 am »
Thanks, Svavar. I bolded the score and added your link to the high score list. Nice game!

corey.chambers

« Reply #232 on: May 13, 2013, 11:37:38 am »
A few new things were added today.

1) All the MARP links were made so that you can download the inp file for the wolfmame by simply clicking on "MARP" on the high score list. So far this is not possible to set up for the TG scores until it is available on the TG website again, if they even allow that any more. I am also linking the pertinent comment for the peer evidence so that one can just click on "Peer" and easily see what was said in support of the score.

2) I attempted to make a link for the youtube evidence but any time I make the link it just embeds onto the list which does not look good. Does anyone know how to create a hyperlink for youtube with out the video embedding? Thanks for your response in advance.

3) It was suggested for us to have a "highlight" section on the high score list in case anyone wanted to highlight good facts such as "1.05M pace", "146K L=5 start", L=16.6", etc. The problem is that any time I attempt to add another column to the list it begins to mess with the list. There seems to be a horizontal space limitation that is causing this problem.

4) Nick Sheils has increased his personal best. It was streamed at http://www.twitch.tv/monstabonza/c/2277837. The score of 302,600 was achieved on 5/13/2013. Congratulations on the increase, Nick! Everyone be sure to post your new scores to this High Score List thread. I can't guarantee that I will see it as it is happening or run into the post on another thread.

I have observed that there are some scores that were done on Twitch but for some reason are no longer available. I have recognized that there is a "save forever" option before, but I can't seem to find it at this time. I am not sure but if we created a highlight of the game maybe it will not be deleted. It would be a good idea for us not to delete these ourselves since I link them to the score list.

Jeff, do you know of a solution to point 2) and point 3)?

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: May 13, 2013, 11:49:37 am »
Corey, use (noembed) (/noembed) tags around the Youtube URL to disable embedding. Use brackets [] instead of parentheses.

Not sure about #3. I'll take a closer look when I get a chance.
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: May 13, 2013, 12:42:37 pm »
I added another column and it looks ok on the computer I'm on now. However on mobile devices and lower resolution monitors it may wrap the "comments" back around to the left side .

Further complicating things is that the user profile pane on the left will stretch out to accomodate the longest username that has posted on that page. That's not normally a problem with regular messages , but with table data, it can really mess things up.

corey.chambers

« Reply #235 on: May 13, 2013, 12:50:00 pm »
Thanks, Jeff. I will add the youtube links the way you suggested. I have added another column and it looks fine in the preview but if I actually save it then it will look bad.

corey.chambers

« Reply #236 on: May 13, 2013, 02:52:16 pm »
While I was adding evidence to the Peer aspect of those on the score list I ran across the name Steve Wiltshire. I know that he has a TG verified score of 964,600 which is eligible for this list. I know that Chris at one time mentioned: "Steve Wiltshire is up to 1,016,xxx. I don't know if he streamed it though." And it was discussed at https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=23.msg89#msg89 where it states that it was seen on Facebook that Steve broke a million.

The reason I am asking is because I have no video, no pictures, TG has not verified it, did someone witness this game being done over Twitch or live? His score presently sits at 1,019,600 on the score list because it was supported early on while the criteria was still being developed, but does it have ample evidence to be on an evidence-based list? Forgive me if I missed how this does or does not fit the criteria. I was just trying to add a hyperlink to the word "Peer" next to his name on the score list and realized that I didn't really have evidence for it to keep it on the list. Originally there were 4 peer sources that enabled scores to be on the list. Both Shayne Black and Jimmy Linderman's scores were said to be witnessed. Mitch says, concerning his own score, that others in the community witnessed it - and no one contested, and then there was Steve Wiltshire. I know he is a good player, was on the news, in blog articles, etc, so I definitely give him the benefit of the doubt. I am sure he really did break a million, I just needed to get it supported by evidence to keep it on the list like all the others. Thanks for your help in advance.

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: May 13, 2013, 03:53:54 pm »
While I was adding evidence to the Peer aspect of those on the score list I ran across the name Steve Wiltshire. I know that he has a TG verified score of 964,600 which is eligible for this list. I know that Chris at one time mentioned: "Steve Wiltshire is up to 1,016,xxx. I don't know if he streamed it though." And it was discussed at https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=23.msg89#msg89 where it states that it was seen on Facebook that Steve broke a million.

The reason I am asking is because I have no video, no pictures, TG has not verified it, did someone witness this game being done over Twitch or live? His score presently sits at 1,019,600 on the score list because it was supported early on while the criteria was still being developed, but does it have ample evidence to be on an evidence-based list? Forgive me if I missed how this does or does not fit the criteria. I was just trying to add a hyperlink to the word "Peer" next to his name on the score list and realized that I didn't really have evidence for it to keep it on the list. Originally there were 4 peer sources that enabled scores to be on the list. Both Shayne Black and Jimmy Linderman's scores were said to be witnessed. Mitch says, concerning his own score, that others in the community witnessed it - and no one contested, and then there was Steve Wiltshire. I know he is a good player, was on the news, in blog articles, etc, so I definitely give him the benefit of the doubt. I am sure he really did break a million, I just needed to get it supported by evidence to keep it on the list like all the others. Thanks for your help in advance.

I was just talking to Steve yesterday on it. I know Steve doesn't make it to the message boards as much, but I'll let him give you the details. All I'll say is yes, its a good score, it was recorded and sent in to TG during their transistion, and was given the thumbs up. So, it is a valid score, just some outlying details about why it's not on TG yet that I'll let Steve comment on, or we can all just wait until it finally up on the TG list.
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #238 on: May 13, 2013, 04:00:04 pm »
Thanks, Dave. I knew I could count on you guys. I was pretty sure it was good. I will just change it to TG from Peer as soon as it is finalized. I eagerly await his response. Thanks again.

hchien

« Reply #239 on: May 13, 2013, 04:01:50 pm »
Yeah, I was going to point this out (about Steve Wiltshire), but I think I've picked on enough Steve W's.  And yeah, I know it was submitted to TG, just hasn't been officially posted yet, so you can decide what you want to do with the score Corey.

Also few corrections:

Jimmy Linderman = Tongki Linderman (you have him listed twice)

Ross' high score is 993K (MAME, not a killscreen).  This was streamed on justin.tv and witnessed by many of us back in ~2009?  I doubt it's still archived.  Ross made mention of it earlier in this thread.