Author Topic: Donkey Kong High Score List General Discussion  (Read 324221 times)

Offline stella_blue

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong High Score List
« Reply #165 on: May 04, 2013, 02:18:36 pm »
L=22 nuff' said.

If that means what I think it does, congratulations Dan!

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #166 on: May 04, 2013, 02:34:04 pm »
I think he is making a reference to my statement about PSP -not that he got a KS.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2013, 03:02:01 pm »
I think he is making a reference to my statement about PSP -not that he got a KS.

Yeah, shortly after replying I began to suspect that I had misinterpreted the "L=22" reference.

I'll leave my reply as is, so that when Dan does killscreen the game, I won't have to congratulate him again.

How's that for laziness reaching new and dizzying heights?   ;)

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: May 04, 2013, 06:24:59 pm »
HAHA sorry just kidding. Gonna try now yet again.
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline craighiphopfish

• Gleaming the cube!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2013, 07:46:07 pm »
I truly believe nobody would lie about scores on our forum.  I think we all have integrity.  PSP, although I don't know him outside of Facebook, seems like a guy that wouldn't lie.

Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2013, 07:57:51 pm »
Even if I like PSP, taking a screenshot of only "L=22" instead of a screenshot of the whole screen is... well... kindda stupid, lol. I don't understand why someone wouldn't take a full screenshot of the whole screen instead of just a screenshot of the level. I would obviously trust PSP with minimal proof like a screenshot of the whole screen, but "L=22" isn't even a minimal proof, not even a minimum of the minimal proof.

But maybe he did take a screenshot of the whole screen, if so, I just haven't seen it

1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: May 04, 2013, 10:08:22 pm »
Exactly, Vince. Based upon his Facebook status responding to this thread he has obviously seen the reasons we have for doubt. He could easily post some further evidence (if he has it) to settle this issue. It would seem very suspect if he doesn't have at least an entire screenshot from that game.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #172 on: May 04, 2013, 10:09:13 pm »
As for Steve Grunberger or PSP, they may have great scores, which is wonderful. Donkey Kong is a great game and every accomplishment is worth talking about. I would encourage everyone to play DK... never actually been successful in getting anyone to play that does not already play. I have tried. :) As soon as either has a score that fits the basic criteria then I will be more than happy to add them to the list. The more participation the better. Anyone better their score in the last two weeks?

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: May 05, 2013, 12:34:46 am »
I don't think I have anything else to say about it, and it's unfortunate that PSP is upset about the situation, and I think we would all be happy to listen if he were to address it in detail, but if anybody's interested in having all available information, if you are FB friends with him, you can click here to read the original Facebook announcement/thread that he made on 1/31/11.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: May 05, 2013, 06:21:54 am »
Funny thing about that post (besides the long drawn-out talk about a secret) was how it died at Feb 1st, and got resurrected by the guy Daniel 4 months later, and it was then that a score was revealed. I remember when it came up on TG he wouldnt reveal a score other than saying it was low. I mean Vincent got only 809K on his first KS, why would you not say the score until 4 months later. The recent response given when heard about doubts of his killscreen tells the most:

1. I don't give a crap who believes what about high score this, kill screen that. This might shatter some people's lives, but at the end of the day such things are not a priority to the majority of human beings. They certainly don't pay my bills, and it's been years since I've taken part in such things at all. If you want to spend weeks and months questioning something I hardly talked about doing two years ago... something that is about as important to me as my morning dump today... feel free. I. Don't. Give. A. Shit. What. You. Think. About. It.
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: May 05, 2013, 09:04:56 am »
1. I don't give a crap who believes what about high score this, kill screen that. This might shatter some people's lives, but at the end of the day such things are not a priority to the majority of human beings. They certainly don't pay my bills, and it's been years since I've taken part in such things at all. If you want to spend weeks and months questioning something I hardly talked about doing two years ago... something that is about as important to me as my morning dump today... feel free. I. Don't. Give. A. Shit. What. You. Think. About. It.
[/quote]

^this is coming from a guy who solicited a news story about his "gaming prowess"...

Seems that somebody should call the wah-mbulance, as PSP spilled his french-cries and needs a hug
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:07:27 am by f_symbols »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #176 on: May 05, 2013, 09:41:50 pm »
Obviously the purpose of this thread is not to question the legitimacy of a score, but to determine whether it fits the criteria to be on this list. The original context for the PSP discussion occurred because he was on Hank's list for killscreeners and I wanted to see how many of those scores could be moved over to this list, pending if they fit the criteria. (Granted, at the time, the criteria was still being developed.) I never intended to facilitate the questioning of one's integrity, or to draw their submitted scores into suspicion. I especially don't want anyone to feel ostracized by this list. It was my hope that it would inspire people to work hard and diligently to be added to it, not to criticize anyone. No matter how suspicious a score may seem, I would like to encourage everyone to play according to the criteria and get their name posted to the score list for a job well done. If PSP wants to do this then that is fine, but if he doesn't I wouldn't want anyone in the community to treat him poorly. I would want him to feel welcomed here.

By the way, I found a quick and easy way for me to add and change ranking on the high score list so take a look and see how you rank!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 07:28:27 am by corey.chambers »

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: May 05, 2013, 10:37:14 pm »
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty pissed off that I am only like 48th when I know I can do better. But I'm not gonna let myself get sucked in -there are other games to master first. I'm just gonna let this lack of a good DK score sit for a bit like an annoying itch until I can't take it anymore. Plus, I know that all this other-game-playing is making me a lot more patient and that will help when I eventually do come back to DK. I promise I won't do a 'Ross' though and disappear from the DK scene for 3 years! ;) I'll at least need to up my score once they deliver the KO3 qualification announcements in a few months.

P.s. I may look for a DKjr pcb though that I can swap into my DK cab and stream that game in the mean time. Hopefully I can find something local and cheap! Otherwise, any streaming from me will probably be at my local arcade or of D2k instead of normal DK.  :D

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: May 06, 2013, 03:22:41 am »
I'm not sure if this is his highest, but you can still watch Tim Szcerby's 1,034,700 game on Dwayne Richard's JTV channel here: http://www.justin.tv/drdreaddr/b/258392828 with some color commentary by Dwayne.  There's a 1.024M game on there too.  Been a long time since I've seen these...might watch again.  I figured others might be interested.  He has a bunch of other great videos as well.

EDIT:  The game is chopped up into parts, so you'll have to look through his videos to watch the rest.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 03:40:39 am by syscrusher »
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline stella_blue

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: May 06, 2013, 04:46:54 am »
By the way, I found a quick and easy way for me to add and change ranking on the high score list so take a look and see how you rank!

Looks good, Corey.  Just one small correction:

Rank

Source

Score

Player

Date

Platform
    MARP   
    Thomas Bauer   
02/07/2013
    MAME
    TG   
    Chris Enright   
11/06/2009
    Arcade

These 2 items should be reversed.
DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)