Author Topic: Donkey Kong High Score List General Discussion  (Read 324240 times)

corey.chambers

Re: Donkey Kong High Score List
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2013, 10:02:07 am »
Obviously this is the high score list tread, but sometimes there are smaller accomplishments along the way to a new high score that are nevertheless part of the broader story of an eventual high score. For example, last night I got a score of 816,400, which increased my both hammers score from 696,800. I achieved the score of 816,400 on level 18-3 with a 1M point pace. No, it was not the highest score I have ever gotten, but it was the longest game of Donkey Kong I ever played lasting for 2 hours and 1 min! Interestingly I lost my third guy before I hit 400K! So I have improved two personal bests in these categories. One Million soon I hope. That was my 5th or 6th major attempt... keeping track on a spreadsheet.

http://www.twitch.tv/clchambers00/b/396674912

Edit: Apparently this video was accidentally deleted. Sorry about that. At least I still have the inp, lol.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:34:57 pm by corey.chambers »

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2013, 02:46:18 pm »
WOW!

Over 800K at million pace just after your kill screen, that's awesome!
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline Ninglendo

• Awards
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2013, 08:09:22 pm »
Hey guys! Just wanted to share the links and picture that gives me suspicion on PSP's kill screen...
http://web.archive.org/web/20110227025333/http://www.patrickscottpatterson.com/home
^ That is the link that shows the L=22 picture.

This is the link on his website when he was tracking his progress...
http://web.archive.org/web/20101127032038/http://www.patrickscottpatterson.com/DK.html

As you can see there is no video or actual proof that he ever did a kill screen. As Chris said he was public in his progress up to 300k. After that silence for a couple of months and then did a kill screen non-publicly. Obviously with the links provided and his evidence of a kill screen I just can't believe that it ever happened. Also if he ever decides to delete these links or anything I already have them archived so the "lack of evidence" will always be there.
Member for 11 Years Blogger

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: May 02, 2013, 08:56:07 pm »
Yeah, that was the biggest thing when it came up. PSP updated the world on a daily basis of everything his did back then on his TG blog. You don't go from 300K to killscreen, while keeping progress quiet for a few months after 300K. As soon as 500K was crossed, it would have been headlines everywhere, and so on. So, that's why I never bought it from the beginning. And it's an insult to all the players who've achieved the killscreen to play it off as that trivial and walk away from the game, especially by someone who is suppose to be highly regarded in the game industry - why would you do that to your credibility just for the sake of being part of a certain group of achievement? Those who know this game know that something happens to you when you get that killscreen, and you don't just walk away. It's like being knighted, and from then on you possess a desire to increase your game. That's my opinion on it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 08:57:57 pm by LMDAVE »
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: May 02, 2013, 09:04:39 pm »
Personally I am wondering if he did a killscreen with 6 + 1 men.   I believe he did a killscreen, I just think he may have started out with 6 men.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Ninglendo

• Awards
« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2013, 09:07:49 pm »
 The easiest way for him to settle the accusations is to start playing again. It's that simple. People question your score, you back it up with live gameplay. Not only is it a slap in the face to the DK community, but to all the other credible gamers out there. It really makes you wonder that if a guy is possibly lying about something like this, what else have they lied about?

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2013, 11:41:18 pm »
Just to let everyone know (if it even matters to most people), it seems as though PSP may have blocked me on FB over a comment I made on this forum questioning his score. So, if you want to still remain friends with him on FB, keep it in mind that he may repeat this same immature response with you as well. I did make some other comments about the lack of sufficient evidence concerning his score elsewhere, on Facebook, in response to maybe Rudy or Glen, but I assumed he wasn't friends with them and that to see them he would have to really be putting in effort to lurk on people he apparently would have no need to care about. Otherwise, if he didn't see those comments, I can only assume he is lurking this forum then. So, just giving people the heads-up.

By the way, here was my brief comment I made on this thread that may have gotten me unfriend  :-\ :

I agree with Chris in that PSP's killscreen score is highly suspect for the reasons he mentions. 'Nuf said there...
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2013, 03:36:11 am »
OK, Mitch if that is the case, than I probably should add a little extra, and say that if Scott were to say that he reached the kill screen on the regular 3 men plus 1, I would take him at his word.  I just offered the 6 men plus 1 theory because I don't remember PSP ever saying how many men he did it on.

My guess is that at the time his goal was not a score, but the killscreen.  Since Donkey Kong keeps track of levels after you die he simply took a picture of the level since there was nothing extraordinary about the score.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2013, 05:56:44 am »
Reaching the Killscreen with 6 men is not recognized as "getting a Killscreen" . If someone did that with 6 men it needs to be disclosed as soon as you say it. But that wasn't the case. The claim of a DK Killscreen is what was posted everywhere and passed off as a normal game.
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2013, 07:31:15 am »
Hank sir steve grunberger needs to be placed on the dk high score list yer buddy
59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Ninglendo

• Awards
« Reply #160 on: May 03, 2013, 07:51:56 am »
I really don't believe him now since he blocked people that questioned his kill screen. He is now saying today that his kill screen is as important as "taking a dump" If it is so meaningless then why feel the need to call up to local news about your attempts? Why publicly track and brag about your progress?
CBS 11 - Patrick Scott Patterson begins his Donkey Kong challenge
Now that the whole "I have X amount of records" excuse isn't working, it is now a meaningless accomplishment that means nothing. I didn't buy it before and now I really don't buy it.

Simpsons99

« Reply #161 on: May 03, 2013, 08:35:51 am »
Allen
I thought about him allso .. His game was'nt  recorded.  Other then a screen shot.

Theres really no record of the score happening other then Retro Mag.

He's a great player though needs to have a score in and be in these fourms .
Hank sir steve grunberger needs to be placed on the dk high score list yer buddy

benmullen

« Reply #162 on: May 04, 2013, 08:32:52 am »
This is an impressive list.  I've been hoping the Tetris community (with a surprising similar score structure) could catch up.  We have quite a ways to go looking at this list, which is more complete than id seen before.

Here is our communities list for comparison:

http://tetrisconcept.net/forum/showthread.html?t=1918

We'll get you one day ;)

Simpsons99

« Reply #163 on: May 04, 2013, 08:46:32 am »
Hey Ben!  Wellcome to the DK Fourms!
Brian  *The Big Bird Hater* Allen!
This is an impressive list.  I've been hoping the Tetris community (with a surprising similar score structure) could catch up.  We have quite a ways to go looking at this list, which is more complete than id seen before.

Here is our communities list for comparison:

http://tetrisconcept.net/forum/showthread.html?t=1918

We'll get you one day ;)

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: May 04, 2013, 01:01:19 pm »
L=22 nuff' said.
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger