Author Topic: highest possible score on DK JR.  (Read 5743 times)

Offline kalel

• Awards
highest possible score on DK JR.
« on: April 21, 2013, 11:25:48 am »
Just thought i would throw my 2 cents out there cause this seems to be a topic people have talked about. My math and what i have fig out in the game is a littler higher than what others are saying.  I think if you can manage to do the bonus 12oo on the hideout second apple 16 times. ( i did it 14 in my game ) get the 4 drop at the top  i think if you are willing to take it down to the end it comes up more than you would think. im thinking 10-11 times is legit.( i got 4-5 last night dont remember for sure )  and i have found 2 very fast set of birds on the springboard. if you manage to get those say 12-14 times and make the first superjump. Miss no regular fruit drops ( i missed i think 14 last night LOL ). and you get to level e sparks on first guy ( which is an amazing feat even if just running through the boards). I actually have it mathed out to 1.47 million give or take a couple K . And i actually think 1.5 is possible say you got 3 drops on every apple on the chains ,and finished say inside of 2000 timer . and couple extra 4 drops throughout the game. ( this is highly unlikely  , just saying it is actually possible )
  All that being said. i think 1.41-1.42 is a very very doable game . part of me wants to push it to that. but im not playing for awhile LOL. i will let mark and the rest of you fry your brains on stupid 0 board  deaths  LOL
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: highest possible score on DK JR.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 07:45:18 am »
I thought about it for a bit and I agree with your assessment. If you had a pretty huge start, and played as well as you could, had no bad randomness screwings, and cashed all your lives in I think realistically a player could get around the 1480k range. Add to that a few levels that just really go your way 1500k could theoretically be reached I suppose.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 08:13:09 am »
I thought about it for a bit and I agree with your assessment. If you had a pretty huge start, and played as well as you could, had no bad randomness screwings, and cashed all your lives in I think realistically a player could get around the 1480k range. Add to that a few levels that just really go your way 1500k could theoretically be reached I suppose.

Also, I don't think Mike Kasper is taking into account Dean's apple smash move on the Jungle board.  Yes overall it evens out, but I could see a person using this move, and getting lucky enough to get at least 10k extra by doing this.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 08:39:35 am »
Also, I don't think Mike Kasper is taking into account Dean's apple smash move on the Jungle board.  Yes overall it evens out, but I could see a person using this move, and getting lucky enough to get at least 10k extra by doing this.

Yeah you are spot on there. As far as I can tell it isn't a viable strategy over the course of a game because of the possibility of getting screwed by snapjaws that won't behave, but in the short-term it can be a way to gamble a bit going for extra points or as a "hail-mary" if you are desperately trying to regain pace.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 11:12:14 am »
That's where you leave the second apple, and smash the two reds on the right so they respawn on the left. Then you can wait until a few go down the apple vine and hit the fruit from the right side to smash them.

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 01:40:38 pm »
Yeah, Dean goes back to the first apple when there are 4 reds over there.
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 01:47:56 pm »
Yeah, I meant the first fruit.