Author Topic: What's the best platform? Arcade/MAME or Home Consoles?  (Read 2654 times)

Offline furiouswolf666

• Kicker and Magic Sword World Record Holder!!
    • Awards
What's the best platform? Arcade/MAME or Home Consoles?
« on: December 27, 2018, 08:27:15 am »
Hey fellow gamers. I'm very interested to know what's the best platform you prefer? Arcade/MAME or Home Consoles? For me i go with Arcade/MAME platform.
"If you can beat that score go for it!"
Member for 5 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: What's the best platform? Arcade/MAME or Home Consoles?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 09:11:28 am »
Hey fellow gamers. I'm very interested to know what's the best platform you prefer? Arcade/MAME or Home Consoles? For me i go with Arcade/MAME platform.

Well this is a forum home to Donkey Kong.   A well beloved Arcade/MAME game.  So I suspect the vast majority are going to prefer Arcade/MAME games.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 10:21:43 am by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline QuikThumbs

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 10:20:13 am »
Is it really fair to compare the two (or more, if you add computer, handhelds, VR etc.)?
Arcades are all about getting your every last quarter, so they're much more frenetic than a console game, which tend to be a 'desk-drawer garden' to explore at your own leisure.

My preference is the home console, though despite growing up with the NES, mastering an arcade machine (not a port) is a much more gratifying experience.
Member for 6 Years

Offline Flobeamer1922

• Elite Member
    • My YouTube channel
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 10:22:56 am »
The arcade versions of games are typically superior to their home console ports (the arcade version of DK is better than the NES version, for example), so for the most part, I prefer arcade/MAME for those games.
PBs:
Donkey Kong - 1,032,100 (22-1)
Donkey Kong Junior - 79,400 (4-2)
Donkey Kong 3 - 344,200 (Stage 22)
Crazy Kong Part II - 645,400 (22-4)

I occasionally stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/flobeamer1922
Member for 6 Years DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline furiouswolf666

• Kicker and Magic Sword World Record Holder!!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 11:23:42 am »
The arcade versions of games are typically superior to their home console ports (the arcade version of DK is better than the NES version, for example), so for the most part, I prefer arcade/MAME for those games.
Yeah i agree that the Arcade version of DK is way better. All levels mixed up for every board from board (Level 1) Barrel and Rivet (Level 2) Barrel,Spring and Rivet (Level 3) Barrel,Pie,Spring and Rivet (Level 4) Barrel,Pie,Barrel,Spring and Rivet and Last (Level 5) Barrel,Pie,Barrel,Spring,Barrel and Rivet and continues levels repeating level 5.
"If you can beat that score go for it!"
Member for 5 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer