Author Topic: Mario Bros - High Score 4,202,290 pts WR!!  (Read 4754 times)

Offline furiouswolf666

• Kicker and Magic Sword World Record Holder!!
    • Awards
Mario Bros - High Score 4,202,290 pts WR!!
« on: October 21, 2018, 01:58:29 pm »
Hello everybody my name is Adrian J Rodriguez. Yesterday i went to a place called "Oldschool Arcade" which is located at Escazu, Costa Rica and i was playing Mario Bros over there for a 5 hour marathon and a personal best of 4,202,290 pts! This was played on the Pandora's Box Arcade Machine with the Mario Bros Japan Revision and the system was the Pandora's Box 5s and the number of the game on the list was number 904.

======================================
THE RACE TO VICTORY

On October 20th of 2018 i insert the token to the machine and i started playing the game which i think it was around 2 pm.

At around several hours some phases were difficult as i would leave at least one Fighter Fly or Sidestepper (Crab) to hit because most of the time i don't want to spend the POW so much but i may use it when i accidentally screw something up.

At around 7:20 pm my game was finished at total score of 4,202,290 pts!

I hope you enjoy the photos (Attach below) of yesterday's event.
"If you can beat that score go for it!"
Member for 5 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Mario Bros - High Score 4,202,290 pts WR!!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 02:14:59 pm »
Don't get me wrong, this is a fantastically awesome score.  Amazing in fact, but I don't think it's an Arcade world record in score or by correct machine.  Still, fantastic achievement.  Big, big ups to this! 8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
  • Mario Bros. Arcade World Record Holder.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 05:31:58 am »
Congrats on the achievement!! You played the Japan revision version of Mario Bros. which gives you an extra man every 30,000 points up until just before a million points, and then it stops giving extra men, and you play the rest of the game with the lives you have accumulated until you have lost them all. There is currently no track on Twin Galaxies for this version of Mario Bros., however you can request an ADD to create this track/variation over on the TG website. I scored 7.8 million points on this version/variation live at Free Play Florida in Orlando a couple years ago, which would be the record for this track if it winds up being made and accepted. Congrats on a great game played and the second highest score done on this version as far as I know.  Cheers!
Member for 10 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 06:33:13 am »
Congrats on the achievement!! You played the Japan revision version of Mario Bros. which gives you an extra man every 30,000 points up until just before a million points, and then it stops giving extra men, and you play the rest of the game with the lives you have accumulated until you have lost them all. There is currently no track on Twin Galaxies for this version of Mario Bros., however you can request an ADD to create this track/variation over on the TG website. I scored 7.8 million points on this version/variation live at Free Play Florida in Orlando a couple years ago, which would be the record for this track if it winds up being made and accepted. Congrats on a great game played and the second highest score done on this version as far as I know.  Cheers!
Interesting Steve.   I have a question.  Does the game give two extra men at 990K like Donkey Kong 3 does?
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline furiouswolf666

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 06:58:44 am »

Steve has Stephen K Boyer done 3,143,000 points in this version?

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 05:48:43 am »

Yes, I did that in 2014 but I could probably get 8 million now if I really wanted to get crazy with the game.  I just don't want to spend 8 hours playing the game to be honest as life can get busy for me.  However, It's good to see others playing Mario Bros. and putting up nice scores such as this one on the Japan variation!  I would also suggest playing MB's medium on the US version with 3 men & a bonus @ 20K.  This is the true skill level of a player and really helps you get good at the game as you will learn that each and every extra Mario is so important to keep alive.  Good luck!

Offline furiouswolf666

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 05:01:48 pm »

Yes, I did that in 2014 but I could probably get 8 million now if I really wanted to get crazy with the game.  I just don't want to spend 8 hours playing the game to be honest as life can get busy for me.  However, It's good to see others playing Mario Bros. and putting up nice scores such as this one on the Japan variation!  I would also suggest playing MB's medium on the US version with 3 men & a bonus @ 20K.  This is the true skill level of a player and really helps you get good at the game as you will learn that each and every extra Mario is so important to keep alive.  Good luck!

Actually that's what I'm planning to do. I'm planning to reach 8-9 million points in this version of Mario Bros. But that's going to be like for 9-10 hours but sometimes I don't want to spend so much Crazy hours because I can get even busy with my high school diploma. So I'm going to dedicate a time I can do 8-9 millions probably.

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 03:46:29 am »

Actually that's what I'm planning to do. I'm planning to reach 8-9 million points in this version of Mario Bros. But that's going to be like for 9-10 hours but sometimes I don't want to spend so much Crazy hours because I can get even busy with my high school diploma. So I'm going to dedicate a time I can do 8-9 millions probably.

After that attempt try the US version.  Shorter games and like I said, every man you lose counts so much.  Also, find a partner and play doubles on the Japan variation.

Offline furiouswolf666

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 04:36:14 pm »

After that attempt try the US version.  Shorter games and like I said, every man you lose counts so much.  Also, find a partner and play doubles on the Japan variation.

Actually Stephen the Japan Revision is way easier than the US Revision.

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 05:49:13 am »
^That's what Steve is saying. Shorter games and each man counts so much means it's a greater challenge.
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer