Author Topic: 'Drecking' barrels. (Directing barrels)  (Read 5447 times)

Offline QuikThumbs

• Awards
'Drecking' barrels. (Directing barrels)
« on: September 18, 2018, 10:31:11 am »
First off, I know this isn't the proper use of the word 'dreck', but I'm hoping to start a new trend. ^^

I was away from Donkey Kong for over a month and started playing again. Now I can't DIRECT the barrels down ladders with a quick jerk to the left, at the second to top girder anymore. I used to be so good at it.... What is the correct way to do it? I don't wanna lose those points.
Member for 6 Years

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
Re: 'Drecking' barrels. (Directing barrels)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 09:02:14 am »
You have to run towards them when they are at the ladder. Generally start just a tad bit before the ladder. Also I find you cant be too close to the ladder either if your right under the broken ladder it impacts the steer zone.

Dan
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline Bounty Bob

• Awards
Re: 'Drecking' barrels. (Directing barrels)
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 03:39:53 pm »
You don't need to do a quick jerk, just hold the joystick towards the ladder as a barrel approaches it an you'll influence the barrel according to its random chance of being influenced. The barrel doesn't have to be on the immediate level above you, you can influence them wherever they are so long as the barrel is approaching the ladder and you're pushing the joystick left or right in the direction of the ladder. Even if you are jumping to the right you can influence a barrel down a ladder to the left of you by pushing left while you are in the air.
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener