Author Topic: CTX  (Read 22819 times)

Offline alumbrada

• Awards
Re: CTX
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2018, 02:28:18 pm »
Hot Shocker: One man's desperate attempt to remain relevant in a world of wifi and cell phones, by wiring two phones directly to each other. Foes include ducks and fire.
DK high score: 89,100
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
CTX: Final Mystery Games
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2018, 08:57:48 pm »
Because everyone has been such a good sport in grinding out incredible scores on all these incredibly bad games, I've decided to give y'all a little vacation...

Enjoy your fishing and hunting trip this final crap weekend. Tournament ends in 72 hours, Monday, August 5th 11:59PM Eastern.

Offline Billhouse

• Awards
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2018, 09:05:02 pm »
Craptacular Ross! Can’t wait for weekend push with this garbage!

Also, here is the prize all you crap streamers are competing for .

Slight change in eligibility rules. You don’t need to submit a score with vid clip, as they may be replaced by your higher score. If you have been streaming CTX or do stream this weekend you are in the running.

Member for 9 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2018, 09:50:38 pm »
The winner of the second random drawing t-shirt is:

ExedExes

PM me so I can get your desired size and mailing address!

To qualify for the final random drawing you will need to submit scores on the final two mystery games.
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Zerst

• Awards
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2018, 12:42:20 pm »
1. Angler Dangler - Aaaaaaaa it's so much fun and really well-balanced.
2. Firebeast - Would have been a contender for #1 if it didn't crash all the time.
3. Motos - Fun variety to the stages for such a simple game.
4. Splendor Blast - A bit memorization-heavy, still fun enough.
5. Hot Shocker - High difficulty to the stages, but consistently winnable. Controls are crap though.
6. Pig Out - This is lower because leeching Farmer's Market forever sucks.
7. Desert Gun - Safari is a better game.
8. Hole Land - Annoying to play and runs a bit long, but otherwise fine.
9. Iron Horse - Pure mediocrity.
10. Route 16 - Better than Rally-X, at least.
11. Guts n Glory - If it wasn't so horribly balanced it could be a fun game.
12. Dream Shopper - Dealing with the enemies in later stages gives me flashbacks of Pengo.
13. Wall Street - RNG trash. Would be more tolerable if it didn't have the boring tank stages.
14. Jump Coaster - Even worse RNG trash. PG3 is a madman.
15. Logger - Fuck DK.
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2018, 02:56:56 pm »
What's the secret to getting Angler Dangler to actually run?
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2018, 03:10:00 pm »
What's the secret to getting Angler Dangler to actually run?

Runs fine here. What happens when you try?
Member for 10 Years

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2018, 03:18:15 pm »
Missing v0d-.7e
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2018, 03:21:15 pm »
Member for 10 Years

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2018, 03:23:48 pm »
You need the "decocass" ROMset as well
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Have a score on every DK3 track Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2018, 03:24:56 pm »
You need the "decocass" ROMset as well

There's not a file named v0d-.7e in it.
Member for 10 Years

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2018, 04:10:32 pm »
yes, running 199.  works fine on 181, strange enough

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2018, 12:50:49 am »
Barring a few last ditch efforts (or not), I'm all crapped out.

Thanks Ross and Bill for organising the tournament and the extra crappy games this year. I enjoyed grinding the lot of them, but will equally enjoy never having to play them again
Thanks so much to johnbart for the new site, everything seemed to run really smoothly. Hoping this one is here to stay so we can bring back the bigger team tournaments

Congrats Zerst, I'm 100% sure this won't jinx you. Some pretty epic competition this year all around, lots of NWRs. PG3 did his thing, and did it well

I'd go through and rate each game but they're all tied for 15th

:)
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Have a score on every DK3 track Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

creech

« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2018, 12:59:07 am »
Same here, I still have to Angle the Dangle and maybe a few more attempts on a few(maybe have to play the masterpiece that is Hot Shocker again  :) ), but really had fun participating in my first Crap, thanks to the Crap administrators for hosting this Tourney.

Look forward to more future Tourneys.  Kreygasm

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2018, 09:47:34 pm »
Oh what a glorious Crap! Congratulations to all who suffered through these past two weeks... The toilet paper roll is empty and your dumphole is probably bleeding, but you survived.

Let us once again recognize the master of crap, Zerst, who with his 5th win out of 10 contests has forever cemented his legendary status.

And a proud salute to JasonV91 and John McAllister for their respective 2nd and 3rd place finishes -- impressive crapping fellas.

New "world" records were set on 10 of the 15 games:
Zerst tamed the Firebeast, Hot Schocked the world, and mastered the Angle of his Dangle.
RedStar showed he had the Guts, and had a Blast driving to the sun and back.
WFLIMusic has enough wood for years after all that Logging and will probably need it with all the purses he Dream Shopped. Kappa
PG3 lost his fucking mind and went full PG3 on Jump Coaster.
DaLar crushed his own Pig Out record and will hopefully submit a novel to MARP detailing every facet of his
conquest.
And Barra was no dummy, Gunning down every Desert animal he could find.

Thank you one and all. It being the 10th anniversary of Crap, we went a little extra this year, but through your grit and determination I feel the tournament was ultimately a success. I don't think the two-week-15-game format should replace the old tournament structure, but if the Crap continues to grow, this tournament at least shows us the participation level is there to support a larger scale.

Finally, to my brothers in crap, Billhouse and Johnbart: YOU GUYS ARE THE SHIT! These guys have been with me since the beginning and none of this would be possible without their enduring support. <3 <3 <3 10 years is a long time, but we have a new tournament website now, and I foresee many future contests. Long live the Crap! 

Update!: WFLIMusic set the Logger record during the tournament but outside the tournament a certain Serphentizer broke the record literally minutes after the tournament ended. Serph streamed it live here:
https://www.twitch.tv/serphintizer for anyone lonely enough to need that in their life.