Author Topic: CTX  (Read 22811 times)

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: CTX
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2018, 02:34:10 pm »
Pull into the mall parking lot only to see this FailFish
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Offline Flobeamer1922

• Elite Member
    • My YouTube channel
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2018, 04:15:43 pm »
:D
PBs:
Donkey Kong - 1,032,100 (22-1)
Donkey Kong Junior - 79,400 (4-2)
Donkey Kong 3 - 344,200 (Stage 22)
Crazy Kong Part II - 645,400 (22-4)

I occasionally stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/flobeamer1922
Member for 6 Years DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
CTX: Mystery Games
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2018, 08:56:01 pm »
Attached are the first three mystery games. The final two mystery games will be revealed Friday August 3rd 12AM Eastern.

Offline Billhouse

• Awards
Re: CTX: Mystery Games
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2018, 09:00:39 pm »
Attached are the first three mystery games. The final two mystery games will be revealed Friday August 3rd 12AM Eastern.

Wooooooo!
Member for 9 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2018, 09:04:13 pm »
The winner of the first random t-shirt drawing is.....

Max

Please contact me via PM and I'll get the ball rolling on getting you a video game legend t-shirt!

To qualify for the next random drawing you will need to submit scores on all three of the new mystery games.
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline johnmcallister

• Awards
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2018, 05:44:57 pm »
I know where you live Von  <mad>

You should have security around your house for picking these games  ;)
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2018, 11:16:25 am »
Anyone else get the shit glitch on Iron Horse?  Stuck INSIDE a fking rail car and can't get out:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/290678551

Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline johnmcallister

• Awards
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2018, 06:35:44 pm »
There are a couple of games I don't understand why they are in the crap list.  Others I understand.  My rating of the games, only as I like and dislike mostly.

Jump Coaster
Wall Street
Logger
Hole Land
Guts n Glory

Liked the games listed above, Wall Street is a little to random along with Jump Coaster.  Hole Land would be better with less time waiting to get your robot fixed. 

Firebeast
Route 16
Splendor Blast

These games could have been ok with a little more polish and refinement.

Dream Shopper   Hate those fn holes, my character sure liked going into them.
Pig Out
Hot Shocker
Iron Horse

These games can just suck it.  Dream shopper, what the fuck am I shopping for?
Pig Out could have been better but I know that Von has to have a pink pig.
Hot Shocker  no comments   @$#^^*(   
Iron Horse hit box fuck you box.

And the winner is Motos, man just fuck this game.  The biggest hang up for me is that the timer is so fast, you feel so rushed that you don't even get to set up for attacking. 

Some of the controls on these games, please don't let Allen play these games. 

Otherwise it's been a fun event so far, learning some new games, having some nightmares. 

Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2018, 07:41:10 pm »
I've never seen John swear this much in all the time I've known him  <gasp>  Freaking crap games, man.  They find your weakness and break you. Playing Jump Coaster last night I wanted to snap my keyboard in two.

One thing I thought would be fun is to have players give a 1-2 sentence summary of each game. I'll start us off...

Firebeast: Slave-trading wizard rapes dwarven homelands for mine workers and forces them to cross valleys of dangerous space jizz.

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2018, 07:42:14 pm »
Firebeast: Slave-trading wizard rapes dwarven homelands for mine workers and forces them to cross valleys of dangerous space jizz.

Kreygasm
Member for 10 Years

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2018, 07:44:49 pm »

Pretty sure you took that directly from the marketing flyer.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2018, 07:48:33 pm »
Motos: Balls. Lots and lots of balls.

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2018, 08:34:36 pm »
Jump Coaster - fun for the first day, already been in another contest, fk this RNG-fest
Wall Street - I'm a child of the 80s, I appreciate the dark humor.  I don't appreciate the b.s. mechanics, and WTF with only being able to shoot sideways?
Logger - Belongs forever in a Crap tourney.  Game sucks donkey balls.
Hole Land - I actually enjoyed this one a little.  A little. Once I blew up the Super Scrotal.  I'll try this one again after this is over.
Guts n Glory - should be encased in cement and dropped to the bottom of the ocean.  The Quota system is harder than a white kid trying to get into the Ivy Leagues these days.  Mouse controls were the best for me, but the settings were just incomprehensible.  No manner of sensitivity, speed, autorecenter made this remotely playable. 

Firebeast - does have potential as a nice Lemmings/Dragon-y/Missile Command thing, but blows it all on microbial worms and a stupid design for the most important treasure levels  Needs to die.
Route 16 - Love this throwback, just don't have time to memorize each maze and work out a decent strat.  I may swing back to this post-tourney to see what I can do for a TG/MARP score.  Not crap.  Controls weren't too horrible
Splendor Blast - Also saw it's potential, but not challenging enough.  Impossible?  Yeah, absolutely, but too simplistically impossible if that makes sense.  Devs could have done more to make this a great game and more challenging, but less impossible.

Dream Shopper   Hate those fn holes, my character sure liked going into them. (no editing needed)
Pig Out (games about Pigs are getting harder to find, so we get a pass on this one).  Enjoyable platformer, too bad it was so leech-able.  Not crap in my book.  Climbing up ladders was crap, but I liked it.
Hot Shocker - Played it twice, did well, controls were fked, but I could see giving this a few more goes.  Not many, though.  Different concept, which I liked.
Iron Horse - Rush n Attack, and if I didn't suck, it'd have been a little too easy.  Nothing special, not my definition of crap.  Boring, yes.

"These games can just suck it.  Dream shopper, what the fuck am I shopping for?" EXACTLY.THIS.RIGHT.HERE.IT.SUCKS.

And the winner is Motos, man just fuck this game.  The biggest hang up for me is that the timer is so fast, you feel so rushed that you don't even get to set up for attacking."

I forgot about Motos.  What timer?  I never got that far because this is the worst game ever of games.  Arkanoid poser with fked physics that just wasn't fun AT ALL.  Maybe it's because I was bullied in school, but this game was all "Push Tim over and over til he goes over the edge".  Bad things happen when Tim goes over the edge.
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2018, 04:37:00 am »
Motos seems to be inspired by Reactor to be honest.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2018, 06:52:44 am »
Quote from: VON
One thing I thought would be fun is to have players give a 1-2 sentence summary of each game.

Firebeast   A 380lb 45-year-old virgin in a stained, ill-fitting wolf and moon t-shirt

Guts n glory   Shite n onions

Hole land  Consider filling in the holes or moving to a hole-less planet, you pointless pumped-up purple arsehole

Hot shocker Left means left, or left means up? Let this foul abortion of a game decide for you!

Iron Horse  A searing indictment of passenger safety on the early US railway network

Jump coaster
RNJesus would like you to close your eyes and bend over

Logger   
   Share the sense of pride and accomplishment that must have been felt by the game's developers as *they* played this highly original and exquisitely executed arcade masterpiece for the first time.

Motos Save yourself 25 cents in the arcade by simply bashing your genitals off the corner of the control panel for a few minutes

Pig Out   Note to DK players: platform games can be fun

Route 16 You are the red pixel

Dream shopper There is a reason why Jeff Bezos is so rich

Splendor Blast  EMPTY

Wall Street Feel a pang of remorse with every banker's life you save
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 07:22:40 am by QAOP Spaceman »
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer