Author Topic: CTX  (Read 22790 times)

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: CTX
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2018, 03:17:46 pm »
Any chance someone wants to setup a Twitch community for this, if anyone's interested in joining?

I believe Johnbart (the webdev) will eventually implement an active streamers list to showcase which tournament players are live, but that's a fairly low priority right now.  The site is in its infancy and much further development is down the road.

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2018, 08:07:35 pm »
Tracking twitch streams will most likely not be put in prior to CTX. Only accepting Twitch video links as proof of a score. If CTX goes well and people are interested in running other tournaments on the site I'll continue to take feature requests.
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2018, 10:29:37 pm »
Only accepting Twitch video links as proof of a score.

Can you expand on this? Does that mean streaming will be mandatory (Twitch does offer the ability to upload pre-recorded videos)? I'll be streaming and recording INPs, so personally I'm fine with whatever.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2018, 10:51:19 pm »
Didn't mean to be confusing.

Proof for the tournament will either be an INP file OR a twitch video link. The link should be a Video On Demand link that you created from your Twitch stream and not just a link to the channel.

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2018, 11:08:34 pm »
Got it, thanks!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Billhouse

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2018, 09:24:01 am »
Streaming used to be mandatory in the early years of the tournament, no longer.   :'( 

It still is mandatory if you want to be a cool kid.
Member for 9 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2018, 09:34:08 am »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2018, 11:00:09 am »
Streaming used to be mandatory in the early years of the tournament, no longer.   :'( 

It still is mandatory if you want to be a cool kid.

I'm just the website guy. You should talk to the organizers to see if they'll change the rules. Oh hey look! You're one of them :P

Offline Billhouse

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2018, 11:36:57 am »
I'm just the website guy. You should talk to the organizers to see if they'll change the rules. Oh hey look! You're one of them :P

Well, as co-organizer I suppose I realize the benefit of not making streaming mandatory. I'm all for exposing the maximum amount of people to these shit games.

Maybe website guy can give streamers some cool-kid flair. Or perhaps there will be a prize for most entertaining streamer during tourney?  8)
Member for 9 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2018, 12:06:32 pm »

Like last year, to work out if anyone is streaming I'm going to kneel by my modem, cock my head to one side, and inhale deeply - sniffing for the unmistakeable fecal tang of shit-electrons passing along the internet tubes 
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2018, 04:55:05 pm »
I understand there is no truth, that is no truth whatsoever to the rumor that this is the trophy:

Member for 10 Years

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2018, 06:03:26 pm »
It's actually this guy:

All men must crap.

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2018, 07:40:59 am »
I'd like to build a CT trophy. Maybe something to immortalize crappy gamers past preset and future. I'll kick in the first $20 to the budget.. The bigger the budget the cooler the trophy.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2018, 12:42:01 pm »
I'll kick in a 20
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Have a score on every DK3 track Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2018, 03:44:59 pm »
I'll also contribute $20 to Zerst's trophy.