Author Topic: Anyone know of any resources for scoring on Sega Turbo?  (Read 1952 times)

Offline bestcellar

• Awards
Anyone know of any resources for scoring on Sega Turbo?
« on: June 07, 2018, 11:35:10 am »
I've been looking for any videos / information on scoring for this title. Any help would be appreciated. I would love to get better, but I really don't understand how scoring works. It seems as though there's a huge spread in what you can obtain in each level and it doesn't seem to necessarily have a relationship with distance traveled / number of cars passed. On the first level, I seem to score higher staying in high gear throughout and crashing every 10-12 cars or so. The car seems to score better speeding up from zero in high gear.

As of now I'm getting to level 6 but not past it. I'm topping out between 45-47k.
Member for 9 Years

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Anyone know of any resources for scoring on Sega Turbo?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 08:32:48 pm »
Apologies for not seeing this sooner.

The only thing that I've ever had pointed out to me is that quickly downshifting to lo and back to hi is better than letting off the accel while in hi gear. Can you give any further examples of what you mean? I don't recall there being a huge spread in points given the same events occurring on a level. Steve Wagner could probably help here much better than me.
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member