Author Topic: Should I put myself(George Riley)in my Classic Video Game Hall of Fame  (Read 4154 times)

Offline Dallas Taylor

• Awards
Re: Should I put myself(George Riley)in my Classic Video Game Hall of Fame
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2023, 02:02:32 pm »
I could never reward myself with anything. Especially a spot in an exclusive group that I'm the curator of. That's part of my crazy. I barely give myself credit for things I'm capable of. That being said, I think that you absolutely belong in any gaming HOF with regards to classic arcade scores/achievements.

I wonder if part of the solution here would be to change "your" HOF where you make the decisions to a CAG HOF with a board? Maybe choose 5 to 10 of all-time greats who are knowledgeable about classic gaming, and if they're agreeable, share ownership with them. Then, come up with a system for nominating potential's and have a once-a-year vote for induction.

Don't mind me. I ramble, often incoherently.
You know how I voted.
Member for 4 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2023, 03:27:32 pm »

Easy approve for me. You changed the way people play DK3 and made people actually play, and enjoy the game, despite most people thinking the game was shit. (Some still think it's shit but that's not your fault).

I do think it's weird nominating yourself for your own HOF, but having your own HOF is already a bit weird so I can look past that.
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2023, 08:49:27 am »
Alright, the poll is finished, and I came up a couple of votes short with 65% in favor. I needed 75% that's what most Hall of Fames require.  So, some reactions

1. Thank you to the 13 that voted for me. Your support means a lot
2. Thank you to the 7 that voted against me. I appreciate your participation, and you at least care about the Hall of Fame I created.
3. The reason I'm not in is because some of the no voters feel there's more qualified candidates that haven't been put in yet, and so their no vote is based on that. Those being Ben Falls and Brian Allen.  Add those two votes and it equals 75 percent.
4 The openly no votes were surprising.  Especially Barra. And truth be told, I respect Barra's opinion enough to think he's probably right. I'd like to have the Barra seal of approval before I get in.    8)
5. The bright side is that I'm picking four people this year, and this frees up one more spot   8)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 08:52:02 am by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Simpsons99

• Brian *The Big Bird Hater * Allen
    • Simpsons99 Gaming
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2023, 12:09:07 pm »
Yes, eventually. Right now I feel like some others should be there first e.g. Big Benny Falls

I don't understand, you literally suggested that I put myself in three years ago

Here's your quote

"All the bull-shittery aside, why didn't you include yourself?
Undisputed DK3 champ for over a decade. Had the #3 DK Junior score for a time and was #4 for 6 or 7 years or so. Still sitting at #7 but only 10k behind #3"

I really didn't want to respond, but this doesn't make sense. Why did you say that?
  You might have been a bigger name in classic gaming back then.  Things change.
Donkey Kong 880,500 Kill Screen
Donkey Kong Junior 1,073,800 Kill screen
Donkey Kong 3  1,596,000
Crazy Kong 566,600  Kill screen.

You Tube: Simpsons99 Gaming
Discord: Simpsons99 Gaming
Member for 9 Years DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2023, 01:32:11 pm »
Yes, eventually. Right now I feel like some others should be there first e.g. Big Benny Falls

I don't understand, you literally suggested that I put myself in three years ago

Here's your quote

"All the bull-shittery aside, why didn't you include yourself?
Undisputed DK3 champ for over a decade. Had the #3 DK Junior score for a time and was #4 for 6 or 7 years or so. Still sitting at #7 but only 10k behind #3"

I really didn't want to respond, but this doesn't make sense. Why did you say that?
  You might have been a bigger name in classic gaming back then.  Things change.
True, I've slowed down, but I'm still way more active than you in the past five years. I decided to become decent at a lot of the famous classic games instead of being number one
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline jammvyy

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2023, 04:29:06 pm »
Don't listen to brian he voted no 7 times :)

Member for 1 Year

Offline Simpsons99

• Brian *The Big Bird Hater * Allen
    • Simpsons99 Gaming
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2023, 08:34:58 pm »
Don't listen to brian he voted no 7 times :)
how does anyone even know i Voted really?
Donkey Kong 880,500 Kill Screen
Donkey Kong Junior 1,073,800 Kill screen
Donkey Kong 3  1,596,000
Crazy Kong 566,600  Kill screen.

You Tube: Simpsons99 Gaming
Discord: Simpsons99 Gaming
Member for 9 Years DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2023, 01:39:30 am »
Alright, the poll is finished, and I came up a couple of votes short with 65% in favor. I needed 75% that's what most Hall of Fames require.  So, some reactions

1. Thank you to the 13 that voted for me. Your support means a lot
2. Thank you to the 7 that voted against me. I appreciate your participation, and you at least care about the Hall of Fame I created.
3. The reason I'm not in is because some of the no voters feel there's more qualified candidates that haven't been put in yet, and so their no vote is based on that. Those being Ben Falls and Brian Allen.  Add those two votes and it equals 75 percent.
4 The openly no votes were surprising.  Especially Barra. And truth be told, I respect Barra's opinion enough to think he's probably right. I'd like to have the Barra seal of approval before I get in.    8)
5. The bright side is that I'm picking four people this year, and this frees up one more spot   8)

I definitely didn't mean any disrespect with what I said, George, and was mostly poking fun. You absolutely deserve to be in your own HoF
I do personally think a few people I've previously mentioned should have been in there before some others (myself included). But of course it's all up to personal opinion!

(:
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer