Author Topic: Snapjackchat! Oh yerrr lit  (Read 2341 times)

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
Snapjackchat! Oh yerrr lit
« on: April 20, 2018, 06:35:53 am »
Been playing Snapjack recently, after DaLar steered me over to it at Funspit, and a great deal of fun is being had.

To save myself time and extra stress... a couple of questions <lexmark> if there are any players here

1. I can't make head nor tail of where the letters are going to appear. Is it random?

2. The same with the bloody comets, or whatever they are. Are they triggered by something? Or do they just decide to appear whenever tf they feel like it?

Fanks in advance

Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline D.B. Cooper

• Awards
Re: Snapjackchat! Oh yerrr lit
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 12:37:26 pm »
1. Yes
2. The dots you don't eat turn into the comets.

Been awhile since I played so could be wrong.  You do know this game has a button, right  Kappa

This is really cool game until you get the bridges that open and shut for no apparent reason
Dick Moreland
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 12:48:10 am »
You do know this game has a button, right  Kappa

Hahahaha :D Cheers, Dick.

2. The dots you don't eat turn into the comets.

I probably wasn't clear in my first post - by comet I meant the big pink and white thing that swooshes in from either side, not the sideways-swimming jellyfish thingies.

Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Rev John

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 05:43:43 pm »
I first discovered this game when some dude at TG started a weekly MAME competition many years ago.  He was trying to attract some competitive scores for games which had few or no scores.

I found SnapJack hard but memorable.  Those bridges are hard, but I believe there is a bit of leeway if they are slightly open when you cross them.  Here is the TG thread which may yield gameplay tips?

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/119084-dc_animal-s-MAME-challenge-Week-17b-Snap-Jack
DK PB: 219,500 (MAME 7/10/19)
CK (RU): 140,200 (27/3/2018)
First person to score 500,000+ points on Atari 2600 Berzerk
Member for 6 Years

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 05:44:24 am »
Thanks for the link, your Reverence.

The bridges in themselves aren't that tricky, it's crossing them at the same time as eating dots and avoiding those bloody jellyfish, comets, giant jellyfish-eating fish, eyes on stilts, bouncing barrels and what-have-you, all the time with the worst beep rendition of London Bridge is Falling Down playing.

It makes my brain hurt like Chicken Shift does  <confused>