Author Topic: How to play Original Mario Bros....  (Read 2415 times)

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
  • Mario Bros. Arcade World Record Holder.
    • Awards
How to play Original Mario Bros....
« on: April 18, 2018, 05:51:20 am »
Even though I surpassed this man for the World Record in Original Mario Bros. a few years back, nobody explains how to play Mario Bros. better than this guy.... Tom Votava...

Member for 10 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: How to play Original Mario Bros....
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 07:10:58 am »
Cool video, I wish i spent more time playing MB because it was always one of my favorites.

I’m half joking with this question, but would you consider it an unfair advantage to have a machine with screen burn to help with the Invisible boards, or just a natural phenomenon?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 07:13:16 am by LMDAVE »
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
  • Mario Bros. Arcade World Record Holder.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 12:10:17 pm »
The good news is you can start playing and practicing MB anytime Dave, lol, and the bonus stage is so natural to me, that the burn wouldn't matter imo, but maybe to some other people starting out, it would be a helpful outline, lol. <stirpot> 8)
Member for 10 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 01:31:55 pm »
Dave!

Screen burn is a good joke and a good question too, really, but I'd be surprised if anyone would challenge a performance on that basis. There are already other "markers" on the screen to help you determine where the platforms are when they disappear.

Join us...
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 04:37:09 pm »
I may fire up Mame soon and give it a try. However I’ll need to break out the clear tape to simulate the screen burn. Lol
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer