Author Topic: My argumentation blog  (Read 18387 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
My argumentation blog
« on: April 12, 2013, 04:20:01 am »
Do to MarioMitch's suggestion I decided to make an argumentation blog.  This is a blog that I will use if I have a disagreement with someone in another thread.  In this way I won't derail any threads, and I will be able to still sound off on certain topics. 

So from this time forth any, and all disagreements I will have, I will do my best to put it into the argumentation blog.  Yep, I do like to argue, and yes it does sidetrack threads at times.  So I think this is a good compromise.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: My argumentation blog
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 04:24:40 am »
First!
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 04:27:38 am »
First!

And thus some fuel for my first real argument in my argumentation blog.

No, you are technically not first.  I am the first post in the blog.  You simply are the first response!
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 04:32:59 am »
Haha. Eye-catching title. Not exactly what I was imagining, but it's probably even better than just the normal blog that I had suggested (based on the types of sidetracks that typically happen). I hope you don't take me as being mean by having suggested this. I truly was just trying to be helpful. We don't wanna turn off new people to the forums by bickering too frequently in the normal threads. We all already know one another quite well, so sometimes the way we discuss things might end up being quite intimidating to relative 'outsiders'. :)

Now... start debating with Steve that he was definitely not 'first, and that you were!!!!  ;D
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 04:33:47 am »
Haha, I was too slow! You already started that argument!!!!  :P Love it!!! :D
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 04:53:57 am »
First!

And thus some fuel for my first real argument in my argumentation blog.

No, you are technically not first.  I am the first post in the blog.  You simply are the first response!

Can't argue with that  :)
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

hchien

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 06:00:36 am »
Do to MarioMitch's

Let's argue grammar.

Shouldn't it be "Due to marinomitch13's..."?

Just picking on you.  Your grammar and spelling are generally impeccable, but since this is the argumentation blog I thought we should argue.  Great now I'm going to have to spell check all future posts.

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 06:09:46 am »
ty four starting this
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 06:33:53 am »
Lol, yeah, it is Marinomitch13. Nothing to do with Mario. ;)

This 'blog' may get very popular!

Offline hooch66

• Personal Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 07:48:52 am »
Is this the right room for an argument?

Argument Clinic
Member for 11 Years Blogger

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 07:58:21 am »
I love this vid. One of my favorite MP skits!

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 08:26:29 am »
Great now I'm going to have to spell check all future posts.

No cause for concern, Hank.  You might be surprised at the number of searches I've conducted to check on the spelling of a word, or to determine whether a particular item should be one word, multiple words or hyphenated.  Some words have more than one acceptable spelling.  In those cases, I'll google each one separately and compare the number of hits.  It can be time-consuming (<= hyphenated example), but I've picked up a few useful rules of thumb along the way.

Ending a sentence with a preposition?  Ugh, don't even get me started.

Perhaps I should create my own blog, before I'm reprimanded for derailing an argumentation thread with comments that are not argumentative.   ;)

My apologies for the intrusion.  Carry on.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 09:07:09 am »
Ending a sentence with a preposition?

Carry on.

We are all guilty of that sometimes.   :)

Is "killscreen" one word, two words or hyphenated?

Discuss...  I mean argue.

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 10:37:50 am »
Ending a sentence with a preposition?

Carry on.

We are all guilty of that sometimes.   :)

Is "killscreen" one word, two words or hyphenated?

Discuss...  I mean argue.

Ha!  Nice catch.  Normally, I would introduce a mistake like that intentionally, just for the irony:

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something I will never be guilty of."

However, in my original post, I didn't even notice the grammatical "fox pazz."

I won't create a poll, but if someone else does, I'm voting for killscreen (one word, no hyphen).

If I plan to continue my participation in this thread, I should consider adopting a more adversarial tone.   :)

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 10:46:40 am »
Isn't it ironic that someone started a personal thread to prevent hi-jacking other threads, and in turn that very same thread gets hi-jacked?

My vote is for killscreen "one word".
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer