Author Topic: Congrats to Andrew Barrow for hitting 10 million on Galaga!  (Read 12039 times)

lakeman421

Re: Congrats to Andrew Barrow for hitting 10 million on Galaga!
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2018, 04:47:11 pm »
Nice job Andrew! Was a pleasure to meet you guys!

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2018, 12:00:07 am »
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Have a score on every DK3 track Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2018, 12:04:22 am »
It was a good decision, at the time.

Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Have a score on every DK3 track Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline dd0ck

• Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2018, 12:49:20 am »
Congrats on an awesome performance this weekend man! Way to represent!
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline BillyGaines

• L=22
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2018, 07:06:30 am »
It was a good decision, at the time.

Got em Phil, got em.  It was a blast watching the Meow Wolf event.  Galaga is my 3 year old son's favorite game.  He saw me watching the event and made me fire up the Galaga machine a few times. 

You Laid down the Law in the semis and brought another guy to tears in the finals (gotta luv Armando's passion).  After it was over you walked to the Winner's Circle (bar) and let your game speak for itself.  Legend! 

Was the event a one-off or a game changer in CAG?  The latter I hope.  As an average gamer I really admire the skill set world class players such as yourself possess.  Can you imagine a DK tourney run like this?   Kreygasm
"If at first you don't succeed then maybe you just suck." - Kenny Powers
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

MeowWolf

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2018, 08:32:49 am »
Thanks for tuning in everyone, and a huge congrats to Andrew for taking the title!

This event blew away all of our expectations, we are definitely already looking to do it again.

I just wanted to pop in and share the VOD with everyone: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/245463476

Also if you have any questions or comments about the event, we would love to hear them!

Thank you again to all who came through and everybody who tuned in at home!

Here's to sharing these amazing games with the next gen! 🥂🍻🕹

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2018, 08:37:53 am »
Yes please @MeowWolf more tournaments like this. It was amazing for a number of reasons. The game play and the production quality of course, but having big number tournaments with huge visibility like this in the CAG world is just what we need. Much much love for putting this on. It means a lot to us classic arcade gamers who feel like we don't get a lot of acknowledgment when it comes to competitive gaming.
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

creech

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2018, 08:44:27 am »
The whole production of this event was positive. It was great to see another game (Galaga)and players get recognition other than DK. Not to take anything away from DK, but in a way it overshadows some other great games and performers. The way you featured some of the greats playing they're game was outstanding. Really enjoyed it!

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2018, 01:11:49 pm »
Thanks for tuning in everyone, and a huge congrats to Andrew for taking the title!

This event blew away all of our expectations, we are definitely already looking to do it again.

I just wanted to pop in and share the VOD with everyone: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/245463476

Also if you have any questions or comments about the event, we would love to hear them!

Thank you again to all who came through and everybody who tuned in at home!

Here's to sharing these amazing games with the next gen! 🥂🍻🕹

What happened to Saturdays stream? Most of my friends and family watched only Sunday and my interview was on Saturdays stream. And my Sunday interview never happened.

Hec
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2018, 07:39:53 pm »
I don't think Saturday's stream was archived.

Unfortunate, because if there's an event I'd love to re-watch in all its splendor, it's this one!

It was apparent even before the streaming began that we were dealing with some serious fine artists/digital media pros, and that the streams would be gorgeous. Then they came on and our heads exploded.

While other events like the Kong Offs etc. have attracted great work from outside entities (The Verge, Vice, Red Bull, etc.), there has never been anything near that level of aesthetic talent behind a classic gaming event itself. The player vignettes in particular were mini-masterpieces. I wish I could watch them all again, because I missed a few on day 1 that weren't shown on day 2, so here's hoping that stuff might pop up again somewhere!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:41:58 pm by ChrisP »
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

MeowWolf

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2018, 08:43:29 pm »
What happened to Saturdays stream? Most of my friends and family watched only Sunday and my interview was on Saturdays stream. And my Sunday interview never happened.

Hec

Good question, I'm looking into it right now. I definitely agree that we should have that up there. I would like to see it too even though I was there!

If it wasn't properly archived there's still a good chance somebody has some sort of contingency recording of it so I can try and track that down and post it somewhere if we can't get the archive back. I'm emailing one of the TOs about it now!

-Zach from MW

MeowWolf

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2018, 01:04:56 pm »
We're currently working on getting a version of Saturday's stream out, but in the meantime, here is a run down of the event along with video recap and gallery from our staff writers and photographers:

https://meowwolf.com/2018/04/06/score-wars-world-records-galaga/

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2018, 07:32:08 pm »
Ty ty ty mates for all the love. Have watched a bit of the finals back and the support in the chat was amazing <3

Big thanks also to Meow Wolf for putting this on. Truly a great CAG event and I'm so stoked I was a part of it.

Hoping to get a copy of my 10m game to submit to TG. Hopefully they have it recorded

:)

Offline Gavv

• Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2018, 07:50:18 pm »
Ty ty ty mates for all the love. Have watched a bit of the finals back and the support in the chat was amazing <3

Big thanks also to Meow Wolf for putting this on. Truly a great CAG event and I'm so stoked I was a part of it.

Hoping to get a copy of my 10m game to submit to TG. Hopefully they have it recorded

:)

Best make sure they filmed the pcbs too, else vill mcevoy and s. Leotchwill make sure it gets rejected: p (sarcasm)
Member for 6 Years

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2018, 02:41:48 pm »
Finally got this game footage and got it uploaded Kreygasm

It starts at ~761k so the first 30mins was cut off unfortunately :( but no deaths occurred until 1.2m so you don't miss much. Love it
Also, no sound and direct feed.  <Billy> loves it

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 03:13:20 pm by Barra »