Author Topic: Mario Bros. Remix  (Read 11834 times)

Offline Flobeamer1922

• Elite Member
    • My YouTube channel
    • Awards
Re: Mario Bros. Remix
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2018, 09:33:21 pm »
Ben cab strims soon. Kreygasm
PBs:
Donkey Kong - 1,032,100 (22-1)
Donkey Kong Junior - 79,400 (4-2)
Donkey Kong 3 - 344,200 (Stage 22)
Crazy Kong Part II - 645,400 (22-4)

I occasionally stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/flobeamer1922
Member for 6 Years DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

creech

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2018, 12:21:13 am »
Wow! Looks great Ben! Can't wait to see it in action. :D

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2018, 04:44:40 am »
Wow it moves.   <Allen>  Kreygasm
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2018, 06:06:26 am »
I really like the aforementioned idea of a Mario Bros Jr. spin on this.

You can play as shell creeper, side stepper, or slip ice. Each one behaves like it normally would and for instance, if you played as the side stepper, you could take two hits before you lose a life. After your first hit you can move faster than before. You see where I'm going with this. Slip ice could turn platforms into ice by pressing Down+Jump and the enemies would all be Marios and Luigis and still fighter fly because nobody wants to play as fighter fly.

Maybe not a great idea, but I like the thought.
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2018, 07:59:00 am »
Someone just pulled the trigger on this...

I'm ready!

WOW!  All you need now is a partner!

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2019, 03:32:46 pm »
I wanted to BUMP this and find out if it's still in the works and how it's working out.   ;D

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2019, 05:13:41 pm »
This is currently on hold.  I actually got fairly far along in the project.  I have disassembled the code and made new source code that can be assembled into a new build of the game.   I'm at the point where I can add changes to the game and see them working in new builds.  The code is only barely commented so far and I only have vague ideas about which routines do what so there's still a long way to go towards fully understanding the code.  I have tried experimenting with a few things and things got a bit discouraging...  Since the screen is horizontal and the sprites are large it looks like it's going to be difficult to find ways to rearrange stages without making things cramped.   The way the graphics and color roms are mapped, it also doesn't look there are going to be too many ways to add new variations of the enemies that will look good.   Well, DK Jr Remix also had a rough start but eventually I found ways to make things work out.

I've put way too much time into this to abandon it, so it's still on but at the moment I can't make the time that this project needs.  When I do get back to it, hopefully I'll have some fresh insights and solutions.
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
Member for 8 Years snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2019, 03:07:33 am »
Some progress is better than no progress and I'm glad you don't want to abandon it in any way.  I'm looking forward to one day seeing the finished product and giving this game the credit it deserves.   Thanks!